the hour, of althochdt.: stunta (stand, stay), designates the four-and-twentieth part of a daily. It is a unit of the time. The unit symbol is h (v. lat.:hora). As legal unit it may be used beside the SI-UNIT second. Due to the non decimal partitioning first a conversion is in seconds necessary with scientific computations.
The organization of the daily into twice twelve, thus twenty-four, hours comes up backthe Babylonier, which used the Sexagesimalsystem. Since today's atomic clocks can measure the time very exactly and the rotation speed of the earth varies, the hour again defined as 60 minutes directly 3600 seconds.
Table of contents
full ones hour
than full hour designates one the beginning of the minute of unity, thus for example to 08:00: 00; it is also called “impact eight ". The term comes along that (inabove example) “the respected hour” becomes full. To „the full hour “numerous regular procedures begin as for instance the hour impact of clocks.
thatWord hour also used for:
- (shorter) a time period of special meaning (the hour of the probation)
- the school hour (of 45 minutes in Germany and Switzerland and/or. 50 minutes in Austria))
- the way hour of 3 ¾ - 5 km, a halfgeographical mile; the way, going humans in one hour puts
- a church meeting back in the older Pietismus; see also to deferment of paymentists
- in the miner language the horizontal direction (those points to an original meaning of the word as direction, in thatSun stands)
- the 12 hours is protection God inside the different times of day in the Greek mythology
|Wikiquote: Hour - quotations|
|Wiktionary: Hour - word origin, synonyms and translations|