|This article or section requires a revision. Details are indicated on the discussion side. Please to improve it and removes afterwards this marking helps.|
A subculture („Unterkultur “) marks a certain sub-group (subset) of a culture, of them in the sociologyfundamental values and standards the members of the subculture divide. The different subcultureal groupings of a culture differ by secondary cultural elements from each other.
Table of contents
- a typical example of subcultures are traditionally closely interlaced occupational groups, z. B. the lawyers or the Schausteller.
- Social classes can form subcultures. The members of a class (z. B. the aristocracy, the Bourgeoisie, the Proletariat) cultivates then own values, standards and behaviors, over which they differentiate themselves from the remaining culture, without placing however the fundamental cultural values and standards of the dominant factors main culture in question.
- Other examplesare in the youth cultures in such a way specified. These often differ over clothes, music and certain behaviors from that them surrounding main culture, without placing these however in principle in question.
- Further well-known subcultures are the homosexual and the BDSM Subculture.
Colloquially the term “subculture” is applied today often also to the” Gegenkultur in such a way specified “(counterculture), as in the exact contrast to the dominant values regards itself (z. B. Christian fundamentalists in one very much liberal societyor antiklerikale groups in very religious societies). In the subculture theory the Gegenkultur is a Unterkategorie of the subculture.
In addition, new trends in philosophy, literature, mode, art or music are started or taken up often first by smaller groups,with it in opposition to the Mainstream (see also middle class). (Not only musical) subcultures of the 80's represented Punk, new Wave, Disco or the early Hip Hop . to the 90ern there was then alternative skirt, House, Techno, Gothic etc., and their respective Sub subcultures (e.g. Gabber), which went the far beyond music and coined/shaped whole life-styles. In the world of the technology the hackers represent a subculture. Also persons, the one certain kind of sportoperate, as the Surfer or Skateboarder, own subcultures have. Today increasingly Mainstream and subculture mix themselves by increasing commercialization of new trends on the part of interested industries.
rights conceptions of subculture
with the Slogan „culture fight of right “endeavorsitself since end of the 1980-he 1980 also the extreme rights on the one hand therefore in subcultures right ideologies and conception e.g. of war to in-carry and radicalize maleness, to take up people and nation. On the other hand they try in particular by publications like the magazineRecent liberty subcultureal „information and life feeling by a whole capillary system seep to let “(Karl Heinz white man). Like that the concept of the boys is liberty, which guarantees „occupation of fields in the before-political area “, because - so white man - “only one subcultureat longer term the penetration of own aims ".
Attempts new rights into the musical youth subculture - like e.g. into the Dark Wave scene - to penetrate, discovered violent Gegenwehr and had after observations of the Duisburger Institut for speaking and social research mostly as „failed “determinedbecome. However critical voices from the scene of the Dark Waves and Black Metals determine a right jerk also here. Often stressed unpolitically the glorification by war and völkischem thinking one accept. Contempting for human beings attitude, often connected with sowing anise mash, Heidentum and neo-Nazism, increasingly no longer only than provocation, but than „bloody reality “were accepted. Right ideologies protect themselves thereby with the label “subculture” against criticism. “Subculture” gets thereby a minimizing function.
- of the writers and sociologist Rolf Schwendter examined different aspects and motivations of subcultures. Its book theory of the subculture appeared in the EH paperback publishing house in Hamburg (ISBN 3-434-46210-4).
to subcultures and the rights
- Andreas Speit (Hg.): Aesthetic mobilization.Dark Wave, Neofolk and Industrial in the area of conflict of right ideologies.ISBN 3-89771-804-9
- Christian thorn shrubs, Hans Peter Killguss: Unheilige alliances. Black Metal between sowing anise mash, Heidentum and neo-Nazism. ISBN 3-89771-817-0
- Martin Dietzsch among other things: Nation instead of democracy.Its and Design of the” boys liberty “, edition Diss,Duisburg 2004.To ISBN 3-89771-733-6