|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|kind of municipality:||Large district town|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 31 ' N, 09° 03 ' O 48° 31 ' N, 09° 03 ' O
|surface:||108.12 km ²|
|inhabitants:||83.310 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||771 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip codes:||72001-72099 (old: 7400)|
|municipality keys:||08 4 16 041|
|city arrangement:||17 quarters|
| address that|
| at the market 1|
|Oberbürgermeisterin:||Brigitte soot Scherer|
Tübingen is a traditional university town in Baden-Wuerttemberg, about 40 km south of Stuttgart. It is the district town and largest city of the district Tübingen, Seat of the district administration of the governmental district of the same name and forms together with the eastern neighbour city Reutlingen one of the 14 upper centers of the country. Since 1. April 1956 is Tübingen large district town.
The old part of town of Tübingen is kept complete, among other things the Neckarfrontwith irregularly little houses built on the hilly underground. The urban life dominated of approximately 25,000 studying, which constitute nearly a third of the inhabitants of Tübingen.
Table of contents
Tübingen is appropriate for about 40 km in the Neckartal, south of Stuttgart. The Swabian Alb begins about 20 km further southeast. Into Tübingen flows gold PUCB oh into the bunting. ThoseBunting and stone-laugh flow into the Neckar. In the center the lock mountain and the east hereditary suppl. , at the outskirts of a town is under many different the Schnarrenberg (on that in the meantime the largest part of the university clinic is) is to the city, the Herrlesberg and the hardnesses. At the northern outskirts of a town the nature park beautiful book begins.
following cities and municipalities border on the city Tübingen. They are called in the clockwise direction beginning in the northeast:
Dettenhausen (district Tübingen), forest-village-hectar-laugh (district Reutlingen), Kirchentellinsfurt, Kusterdingen, Gomaringen, Dusslingen, gang castle at the Neckar and bunting book (all district Tübingen) as well as because in the beautiful book (district Böblingen).
the city of Tübingen consists of the town center, to that todayalso those already 1934 integrated municipalities whose things (southern the Neckars, with buntings) and Lustnau (northern the Neckars, with the new building settlement Herrlesberg established into the 1990er years) belong and only to the municipalities quake living integrated with the municipality reform of the 1970er years, Bühl, hail hole, Hirschau, Kilchberg, Pfrondorf, Unterjesingen and because home (with Kressbach).
With respect to the town center one differentiates still further quarters beside the two quarters whose things and Lustnau already specified: On the southern Neckarseite the southern part of the town andon the northern Neckarseite the west city and the north city with the housing development Eberhard Wildermuth settlement built into the 1950er years (in the vernacular also “sand” mentioned) and the housing development of forest houses east (shortened also “WHO ” delighted in the 1960er and 1970er years mentioned). BothHousing developments grew together meanwhile.
To some quarters belong partial further spatially separated living places with own name, which has often very few inhabitants. To it even waste dump and Rosenau belong to Kressbach to hail hole, Roseck and lower mill to Unterjesingen as well as hit a corner and tooBecause home.
Only the municipalities integrated with the municipality reform of the 1970er years are at the same time localities in the sense of the Gemeindeordnung of Baden-Wuerttemberg. That is, they have one of the voters with each local election locality advice with a local chief at the point, who can be selected.Furthermore there is an administration office in each case. The two already 1934 eingemeindeten places whose things and Lustnau have a local adviser and an office of the city administration. Administration offices and/or. Offices are quasi city halls “locally”, with which one can settle the most important urban affairs.
Tübingen lies in the south of the compression chamber Stuttgart (extent see under Stuttgart). The city forms with the neighbour city Reutlingen the upper center of the region Neckar Alb, for that the central centers Albstadt, Balingen, Hechingen, Metzingen, Münsingen and gang castle toNeckar are assigned. For the cities and municipalities Tübingen also the tasks of the central range takes over bunting book , Bodelshausen , Dettenhausen , Dusslingen , Gomaringen , Kirchentellinsfurt , Kusterdingen, MOS singing, Nehren and more frequent things of the district Tübingen.
- over approx. 12,000 v. Chr. - first settlement
- around 85 - establishment of the Neckar - Limes
- 1078 - first documentary mention of Tübingen during king Heinrich IV.the castle high Tübingen (castrum twingia) besieged, there count Hugofrom Tübingen an allying of Gegenkönig Rudolf of Rheinfelden was.
- 1191 - First occurrence of buyers. Proofs for a market place
- 1231 - first mention of municipal rights
- 1342 - the Pfalzgrafen of Tübingen sell castle and city to the counts of Württemberg. The city becomes soon seat of an office.
- 1477 - Establishment of the Eberhard Karl university
- 1514 - Tübinger contract
- 1535 - Leonhart fox takes a call to the university on
- 1589 - Johannes Kepler begins its study in Tübingen
- 1759 -The office Tübingen is raised to the upper office.
- 1798 - Johann Friedrich Cotta created the general newspaper in Tübingen
- 1807 to 1843 lives Friedrich Hölderlin in care in the Hölderlinturm at the Neckar
- 1935 - by the German Gemeindeordnung Tübingen becomes the urban areaexplained, however Tübingen within the district, whose area is substantially increased 1938 , remains.
- 1946 - Tübingen becomes capital of the country (starting from 1949: Land of the Federal Republic) Württemberg Hohenzollern, until this comes up in the new country Baden-Wuerttemberg. The city is “direct district town”.
- 1952 -Tübingen becomes seat of the governmental district Südwürttemberg Hohenzollern, that with the circle reform the 1. January 1973 into the governmental district Tübingen is transferred.
- 1956 - Tübingen becomes large district town
- 1971 to 1974 - by the integration of eight municipalities the city reachesits current expansion. With the 1973 accomplished circle reform the district Tübingen receives likewise its current expansion.
Over centuries the viticulture was in Tübingen the economically most meaning branch of trade of the population. The wine gardners at that time were called Gôgen (see also Gogen joke)and scoffs. This very day one tells oneself so-called Gôgenwitze, which are particularly crude and which hard and cumbersome lives of the population at that time express. Today the viticulture in Tübingen plays hardly still another role. Since 2004 it gives howeverprivate Weingut in the city. Into the 1990er years Tübingen remains French garrison town. The French soldiers coin/shape the townscape also. The barracks stress larger parts of the city.
history of the quarters
buntings became around 1120 as“Ambra” mentions for the first time. By various donations of the Pfalzgrafen of Tübingen the place came into 12. Century to the monastery Obermarchtal, which held the Vogtei starting from already 1303. Afterwards the village disappeared gradually. The remaining goods arrived with upper Mach valley 1803the princes of Thurn and taxis and starting from 1806 under württembergische administration. 1852 became buntings possession of the royal house Württemberg and belonged to the municipality whose things with that it 1934 to Tübingen in in common December became political. 1935 became the partial municipality buntings and1978 the Markung buntings dissolved.
Quake-live as “Bebenhusin” for the first time one mentioned, but is already older the settlement to 1185. The Pfalzgrafen of Tübingen donated a monastery, which settles first from Prämonstratenser. 1190 followed Cistercian from Schönau with Heidelberg. At the latest off1204 were realm direct the monastery. Only end 14. Century arrived it under the rule Württembergs. 1534 were dissolved it after introduction of the reformation. The goods of the monastery and the associated place were administered by württembergische Vögte in the office for monastery quake living.1759 were raised these to the upper office and its seat was shifted after Lustnau. Starting from 1807 quake living belonged to the upper office Tübingen.
Bühl was mentioned for the first time around 1100 as “de Buhile”. Around 1120 noble-free are called by Bühl. In 12. Century arrived to thatPlace to the counts von Hohenberg. Starting from 1292 Bühl was assigned as Lehen at Amman of gang castle, which held it to 1502. Then it was divided. Under others the gentlemen were von Ehingen to Kilchberg and the Mr. von Steinto the right stone the owners. The latters built the lock starting from 1550. The sovereignty over Bühl was incumbent on with Austria. The Lehen were several times drawn in and pawned again.1805 came Bühl at Württemberg and the upper office gang castle were assigned. In the case of its dissolution 1938Bühl came to the district Tübingen.
Whose things one mentioned for the first time around 1089 as “Taredingin”. The Mr. von Derendingen were service people of the counts von Achalm, who sold half of the place to the monastery Zwiefalten. Over the other half 13 prevailed in.Century of service people of the Pfalzgrafen of Tübingen, which sold their portion of 1342 of Württemberg. But the monastery Zwiefalten could later still develop its portion of the village.1750 exchanged the monastery Zwiefalten its possession with Württemberg, so that completely whose things württembergisch was.The württembergische part always belonged to the office and/or. Upper office Tübingen.
Hail hole was mentioned for the first time 1106 as “Hagunloch”. Over several rule the place arrived 1296 by sales at the monastery quake living, with which it came 1534 at Württemberg. Until 1807 remainedHail hole under the administration of the monastery office quake living and came then to the upper office Tübingen.
Hirschau was mentioned for the first time around 1204 as “Hizroune”. Over several rule the place came under hohenbergisches Lehen and starting from 1381 at Austria. Starting from 1621 was Hirschau againto the barons, starting from 1733 to the Mr. von Rassler pawns von Hohenverg (until 1762). After the transition at Württemberg 1805 Hirschau was assigned 1807 to the upper office gang castle and came when its dissolution 1938 to the district Tübingen.
Kilchberg became in 12. Century as “Kiliberc” mentions for the first time. The local aristocracy were service people of the Pfalzgrafen of Tübingen. Starting from 1429 the place came to the Mr. von Ehingen to high tri gene, but was an eighth of the place already since 1389 württembergisch. The Ehinger built thatLock. In 17. Century was divided the place on different rule, among other things at Leutrum of Ertingen. 1805 came Kilchberg at Württemberg and the upper office Tübingen were assigned.
Lustnau was mentioned for the first time around 1120 as “Lustnow”. The place became ofpfalzgräflichen Ministerialen of those of Lustnau controls. But the village arrived gradually at the monastery quake living, which established a maintaining yard here. After abolition of the monastery Lustnau was seat of the office for monastery quake living, which only 1807 was dissolved. Since that time that belongedPlace to the upper office Tübingen. By large building activities the village extended starting from approximately 1930 toward Tübingen, so that the place grew together today with the town center.
Pfrondorf was mentioned for the first time around 1200 as “Prundorf”. First with the Pfalzgrafen ofTübingen, arrived the place at the Mr. von Lustnau and finally around 1400 at the monastery quake living, to whose office for monastery the place belonged. 1807 came Pfrondorf to the upper office Tübingen.
Unterjesingen became end of the 11. Century as “Yesingen” mentions for the first time. Afterthe place designated itself starting from 1299 marshals of Jesingen. The village belonged to the castle Roseck, which was in the possession of the gentlemen von Ow and 1410 arrived at the monastery quake living. Village and castle became thus württembergisch and belonged to the office for monasteryQuake-live.1807 came Jesingen to the upper office Tübingen and 1810 to the upper office gentleman mountain. For distinction to the neighbouring place Oberjesingen was attached the prefix under, so that the place since that time Unterjesingen are called. During the dissolution of the upper office gentleman mountain 1938 cameUnterjesingen to the district Tübingen.
Forest-live around 1100 for the first time one mentioned. Over 1270 came the place to the monastery quake living and starting from 1534 to the office for monastery quake living. 1807 came the place to the upper office Tübingen, a part of the political municipality however always remainedQuake-live.1934 were umgemeindet the place to Tübingen. 1967 were waived the Gemarkung forest living. Into the 1970er years developed nearby the Weilers forest living a new populated area “forest house east”, which grew today with the town center Tübingen together.
Because home became around 1100as “Wilon” mentions for the first time. After the place designated themselves starting from 1271 Ministeriale of the Pfalzgrafen of Tübingen. 1342 came the place with Tübingen at Württemberg and were starting from 1500 the office and/or. later upper office Tübingen assigned.
Tübingenfirst Konstanz belonged and was assigned to the Archidiakonat “ before the forest” (chapter Sülchen) to the diocese. Due to the affiliation to the duchy Württemberg was introduced here, as in the rest of Württemberg, starting from 1535 the reformation. The Reformatoren active in the city was Ambrosius Blarer and Balthasar Keuffelin. Afterwards Tübingen was over many centuries an predominantly Protestant city. 1559 came into force the large church order. Tübingen became also soon seat of a Dekanats within the Württembergi regional church, that first the Generalsuperintendentur quake livingbelonged. Starting from 1692 it gave a Dekanat Lustnau. 1806 became Tübingen seat of its own Generalsuperintendentur (today Prälatur). Since 1911 the Dekanat Tübingen belongs to the Prälatur Reutlingen.
The Evangelist main church of Tübingen is the pin church, which probably mentioned from one around 1188Chapel came out. The pc. George, late pc. George and Maria geweihte church were raised 1476 to the pin church, after choir gentleman pin had been transferred the Sindelfingen to the Tübinger parish church. The today's church was established starting from 1470. The tower comes from thatPredecessor church. The second old church of the city is the 1337 for the first time mentioned Jakobuskirche. Also it was originally a chapel, which was connected after the reformation with the hospital. The church Roman in the core became in 16. Century gothical transforms. Ontheir 1910 a Pfarrei were established. Further Evangelist churches are the Eberhard church from the year 1911 (Pfarrei starting from 1911), the March in church of 1955 (Pfarrei starting from 1957), the Stephanuskirche of 1968 (Pfarrei starting from 1965), the Albert Schweitzer church (year of construction?) and the Dietrich Bonhoeffer church(1983 build /85). These seven church municipalities of the town center Tübingen form the Evangelist total church municipality Tübingen.
from in 13. Century created Augustinerkloster came out after the reformation Evangelist pin. Around 1272created Franziskanerkloster was converted after the reformation into the Collegium Illustre. Here 1817 drew in the catholic theological seminar from Ellwangen (hunt). Since that time it is called William pin.
In the quarters of Tübingen (except Bühl and Hirschau) became due to the predominantAffiliation to Württemberg likewise the reformation imported. Therefore it gives there to today usually also an Evangelist church municipality or at least an Evangelist church. Whose things had already around 1189 a chapel. The today's church was built 1514. The Evangelist church hail hole1904 in the neoromanischen style were built. A Pfarrei gave it however already in hail hole since 1545. To Kilchberg the reformation was introduced by George von Ehingen. The parish church in Kilchberg has different building phases. The oldest part is probably Roman.To the municipality Kilchberg belong also the Protestanten in Bühl. The church pc. Martin in Lustnau became end 15. Century delighted, but already gave it in 12. Century a church and a Pfarrei. Of the Pfarrei Lustnau also the church municipality becomesQuake-live cared for. But the municipality with the former monastic church has also its own church. Pfrondorf was first a branch of Lustnau.1833 received the place its own Pfarrei and also its own church. Unterjesingen had already in the 11. Century onePfarrei and one the Hl. Barbara geweihte church from that 14. Century. The today's church was built 1470 to 1494. In because home there was the Hl. Nikolaus geweihte church. The today's church became 1499 to 1521 in the lategothicalStyle builds. To the municipality also the Protestanten from Hirschau belong. All church municipalities mentioned belong likewise to the Dekanat Tübingen of the Evangelist regional church in Württemberg.
Already 1750 established the monastery Marchtal in the Weiler buntings a catholic municipality, which was waived 1806, asthe catholic town church municipality Tübingen was created. The services became in the Jakob church (ehem. Hospital church) held. The director of the William pin was starting from at the same time 1817 a catholic city minister. 1818 knew the municipality its own place of worship, the church pc. William in the proximity of theWilliam pin build. The 1806 created municipality Konstanz first still belonged, then starting from 1808 to the Generalvikariat Ellwangen and starting from 1821 to the again created diocese gang castle to the diocese (today gang castle Stuttgart). The today's Tübinger parish church pc. Johannes EH gelist became 1875 to 1878built. After that 2. Further catholic municipalities and churches in Tübingen pc. developed for world war. Michael (1949, Pfarrei starting from 1958) and pc. Paulus (1974, Pfarrei starting from 1975). Hospital church was built 1961 (a Pfarrei was there already 1896 established), the Hochschulpfarramt one established to 1933. To the municipality pc. Johannes EH gelist belong also the catholics from hail hole and Unterjesingen. The catholics from because home become of the municipality pc. Michael cares for.
In the quarter Bühl became 1275 oneChurch and Pfarrei mentioned. Since Bühl finally arrived over different rule under the sovereignty of Austria, the place remained catholic. David von Stein nevertheless became in 16 by George von Ehingen and. Century temporarily the reformation imported, but 1609 again retrogressivemade. The today's parish church pc. Pankratius in Brühl was built for 1902, the tower still comes from the building of predecessors 1599. To the municipality also the catholics from Kilchberg belong. The inhabitants from Hirschau belonged to first to the Sülchenpfarrei with gang castle, partly alsoWurmlingen.1461 became the chapel pc. Ägidius in Hirschau to the Pfarrei raised. The today's church pc. Ägidius is in the core gothical, however 1851 /52 was predominantly again built. In Lustnau 1956 became the church pc. Petrus builds and 1961 toPfarrei raised. In addition also the catholics from Pfrondorf belong. All catholic church municipalities in the Tübinger city belong today to the Dekanat gang castle of the diocese gang castle Stuttgart.
Beside the two large churches there are an Greek-orthodox municipality as well as free churches in Tübingen also, under itthe Evangelist methodistische church (peace church), a Evangelist-freechurch municipality (Baptisten - cross church), a free Christian municipality and an independent Evangelical-Lutheran municipality (Philippus municipality). Also the Neuapostoli church, the church Jesu Christi of the holy ones of the last days and the Christian community are inTübingen represent.
into the city Tübingen became the following municipalities and/or. Gemarkungen integrated:
- 1934: Whose things (with buntings) and Lustnau as well as the Weiler forest living 1 reorganized by the municipality
- quake living. July 1971: Bühl, hail hole, Hirschau, Kilchberg,Pfrondorf, Unterjesingen
- 1. August 1971: Because home
- 1. November 1974: Quake-live
¹ census result
in Tübingen are provable since approximately 1300 an advice and a court, whereby the advice included the court. Both committees represented the citizenry in relation to the rule. After the transition at Württemberg it gavefirst only one court. An advice was furnished only again 1477, but had it completely different tasks. In 16. Century both committees were called also “municipal authorities”.
With the introduction of the württembergischen Gemeindeverfassung 1819 there was no more difference betweenCourt and advice. The nunmehrige committee was called town councillor. The city head was called then first mayor, starting from 1823 city-Schult-hot and starting from 1903 again mayors. This is selected directly today by the voters for one term of office of 8 years. Itis chairman of the local council. Its general deputy is the 1. Assigned to one with the office designation “first mayor “as well as the 2. and 3. Assigned to one in each case with the office designation “mayor”.
|the ALUMINIUM/CGREENS||26.5% (+8,7)||13 (+4)|
|CDU||19.2% (−2,2)||9 (−1)|
|W.U.T.||10.6% (−1,1)||5 (−1)|
|TÜL/PARTY OF DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISM||8.6% (+1,7)||4 (+1)|
|FDP||6.5% (+1,2)||3 (+1)|
|other||0.0 (−8,6)||0 (−1)|
coat of arms
the coat of arms of the city Tübingen shows the dreilatzige red flag of the Pfalzgrafen in gold at three red stretcher rings. On the sign two diagonally crossed, with red, golden slitPuffärmeln dressed man arms, which hold two with points upward showing deer seaweeds. The city flag is red yellow.
The oldest seal of the city originates from the year 1272 and already shows the flag of the Pfalzgrafen, also in the coats of arms of Böblingen andGentleman mountain is shown. Also after the city became württembergisch, the coat of arms symbol remained. But lent duke Ulrich of Württemberg to 18. August 1514 as special decoration for the loyalty of the city with the rebellion “arms Konrad” the “upper coat of arms in such a way specified”,deer seaweeds with the two land farmhand arms.
a partnership between cities maintains partnerships between cities Tübingen with the following cities:
- Monthey - Valais, Switzerland, since 14. June 1959
- Aix EN Provence - France, since 20. October 1960
- Kingersheim - France, since 14. September 1963
- Ann Arbor - Michigan, the USA, since 17. November 1965
- Durham - England, since 6. July 1969
- Aigle - Vaud, Switzerland, since 12. October 1973
- Kilchberg - Switzerland, since 1981
- Perugia - Umbrien, Italy, since 21. June 1984
- Petrosawodsk - Karelien,Russia, since October 1989
- (mansion El Salvador - Lima, Peru, is offered with local council resolution from December 2005 a partnership between cities)
economics and infrastructure
in Tübingen to cross itself two important federal highways: Those B 27 work living - Donaueschingen - Tübingen Stuttgart - Heilbronn and B 28 Strasbourg - joy city - Tübingen Reutlingen - Ulm. B 27 is toward the north motorway-similarly developed, so that the federal motorway reaches A 8 with Stuttgart fastwill can. The vierspurige development by that those which can be established again maltreat-strike - basis tunnel toward the south partly is in the building.
Tübingen is railway junction of the Neckar Alb course Stuttgart - Plochingen - Reutlingen - Tübingen (course-book-strain 760), that Bunting valley course gentleman mountain - Tübingen (course-book-strain 764), the distance Tübingen Horb at the Neckar (course-book-strain 765) and the Zollern Alb course Tübingen sigma rings - aula village (course-book-strain 766). In the course of the large-scale project Stuttgart 21 is a more direct alignment without detour over Plochingen as well as the Durchbindung ofRegional courses across the new Stuttgart main station to a clear improvement of the binding of Tübingen lead. Also the mechanism of a rapid-transit railway Neckar Alb is considered.
The public suburban traffic is served by city traffic Tübingen GmbH (city bus “TÜBus”). There is a well developedNight bus system. Serve the night penalty not only the nights of Friday on Saturday and Saturday on Sunday, but also the night of Thursday on Friday. For students a term ticket is offered to the Eberhard Karl university, with which the entire region is attainable. ThatSuburban traffic is merged into the traffic group Neckar Alb Danube (NALDO).
the Swabian day sheet, the local newspaper with the south west press reports media over the local happening in the area Tübingen as if cover-hurry.
The southwest broadcast operates a regional studio in Tübingen, from thatamong other things also the regional program “radio Tübingen” within SWR4 Baden-Wuerttemberg is produced and radiated. Further radio broadcasting programs are the university University of Tübingen, the radio of the University of Tübingen and the desert wave, the free radio for Tübingen and Reutlingen. Outalso the private regional television RTF.1 sends Reutlingen/Tübingen to the area.
authorities, courts and mechanisms
Tübingen is seat of the district administration and the district administration office Tübingen. Furthermore there is a district court , that here to the regional court district Tübingen and to the higher regional court districtStuttgart belongs and several notary's offices. In addition Tübingen has a tax office.
In Tübingen also the seat of the institute for supplying of Baden-Wuerttemberg for physicians, dentists and veterinary surgeons is, the Ministry for work and social Baden-Wuerttemberg subordinate agency.
The city is alsoSeat of the church district Tübingen of the Evangelist regional church in Württemberg.
An important and country widely unique contribution for study orientation makesalso the Leibniz Kolleg, a former mechanism of the university, which is led now by a donation.
Tübingen has also a national seminar for didactics and teacher formation (High Schools).
Tübingen is also seat of the following institutes:
- Institute for Max-Planck for development biology
- institute for Max-Planck for biologicalCybernetics
- Friedrich Miescher laboratory for biological working groups in the Max-Planck company
- Institut for Danube-Swabian history and regional studies (idgl); this the ministry of the Interior Baden-Wuerttemberg subordinate research establishment became at the 1. July 1987 based
six-form high schools
vocational one schools
other one schools
of education offices
culture and objects of interest
- national theatre Tübingen (LTT)
- room theatre Tübingen, the small, contemporary theatre into the Bursagasse program literary in the midst of
- the old part of town, the smallTheatre on the Neckar
- arts center Tübingen
- museum lock high Tübingen
- city museum in the grain house Tübingen, a local history museum with the plumb bob width unit cleaner shears cut collection
- box stop Tübingen, auto and toy museum in the well route
The city hall and the old part of town are kept complete. There are numerous half timbered houses and many close lanes. The pin church Tübingen of 1470 is the EvangelistMain church of the city. Here the württembergischen dukes Eberhard are in the beard (died 1496), duke Ulrich (1550) and duke Christoph (1568) in the choir area of the pin church separated with the Lettner bury.
The second old church of the city is the 1337 for the first timementioned Jakob church, which came out from a chapel. The church Roman in the core became in 16. Century gothical transforms. Further Evangelist churches are the Eberhard church from the year 1911, the March in church of 1955, the Stephanuskirche of 1968, thoseAlbert Schweitzer church (year of construction?) and the Dietrich Bonhoeffer church (1983 /85 build). The catholic parish church pc. Johannes EH gelist was built 1875 to 1878. Further catholic churches are pc. Michael (1949) and pc. Paulus (1974).
From in 13. Centurycreated Augustinerkloster came out after the reformation Evangelist pin. The Franziskanerkloster created around 1272 was converted after the reformation into the Collegium Illustre (today William pin).
Further objects of interest are the lock high Tübingen, the Eberhard Karl university, the Goethe little house Tübingen, the monastery quake living, the city of the short ways, with the French quarter and the east hereditary suppl. tower.
To the churches in the Tübinger quarters see the section religions.
the new Botani gardenTübingen accommodates „a Fuchsien - house “with a collection of plant types designated after Leonhart fox. In the center of the city is the old person Botani garden. On the green Neckarinsel is the plane tree avenue. Furthermore there is still the park toPlant lake.
now first are the Basketballer of the sports association 03 Tübingen, those as a walter of tiger Tübingen in the 1. Federal league play to call. Besides there is also the baseball Hawks in the 2. Baseball federal league south, the Leichtathleten(and. A.Dieter Baumann) the LAV ASICS Tübingen and many further well-known single and team sportsmen/inside.
Since October 2004 gives it a new sport-resounds („doing arena “) at the European route. To swim one can in Tübingen in one modern open-rir swimming pool and two indoor swimming pools;the Neckar is suitable for this rather less; Is however quite possible for rudders. In addition Sportinstitut of the university has a variety.
- exhibition „for the family “(fdf), at the beginning of March
- May A SINGINg of the Tübinger student connections,Night to the 1. Mai
- Stocherkahnrennen auf dem Neckar, erster Donnerstag im Juni, 14:00 Uhr, Platanenalle
- Sommerfest, Anfang Juli
- Sommeruniversität, Anfang August
- Gutenachtgeschichten, Anfang August
- Umbrisch-Provenzalischer Markt, Mitte September
- Stadtlauf, Mitte September
- Retromotor, Oldtimerfestival am drittenSeptember weekend
- duck running, at the beginning of of October
- French film days Tübingen Stuttgart, in the middle of Octobers
- CineLatino, April/May
- kite celebration on that east hereditary suppl., 3. Sunday in October
- jazz - and classical period days, in the middle of October
- Weihnachtsmarkt, third Adventwochenende, Friday until Sunday
- Arsenal, (at the city ditch)
- studio, (before the Hague gate)
- blue one bridge, (at the blue bridge)
- lion, (grain house road)
- museum, (Lustnauer gate)
- Alois Alzheimer (1864 - 1915), discoverers of the Alzheimer illness
- Pope Benedikt XVI (Joseph Ratzinger) (* 1927) “, one of the first systematic herb books Helmuth of Glasenapp from 1966 to 1969 Tübingen Leonhart fox
- (1501 - 1566), physician and Botaniker, publisher „of the new Kreüterbuch had a chair for catholic dogma TIC at the catholic-theological
- faculty of the Eberhard Karl university (1891 - 1963), professor for Indologie and comparative religion sciences, taught from 1946-1959 in Tübingen
- George William Friedrich Hegel (1770 - 1831), the Prussian state philosopher studied in the Tübinger pin theology.
- Novel duke (* 1934, lawyer, (public law) Federal President (Germany) 1994 - 1999, president Federal Constitutional Court of the 1987 - 1994, vice-president Federal Constitutional Court 1983 - 1987, Minister of the Interior of Baden-Wuerttemberg 1980 - of the 1983, Minister for culture and sport of Baden-Wuerttemberg 1978 - 1980, 1986 - 1994 fee professor of the Eberhard Karl university Tübingen
- Hermann Hessian (1877 - 1962), completed its bookseller teachings in the bookshop Heckenhauer, Tübingen from 1895 to 1899. The bookshop existed this very day and is directly in relation to the pin church at the wood market. Hesses book in the Pressel summer-house plays likewisein Tübingen.
- Friedrich Hölderlin (1770 - 1843), studied pin theology in the Tübinger. Among his fellow students was also George William Friedrich Hegel.
- Briefly George Kiesinger (CDU), Prime Minister of Baden-Wuerttemberg 1958-1966, chancellor of the large coalition 1966-1969
- Klaus Kinkel (FDP), Federal Ministers of Justice of 1991-1992; Federal Ministers of Foreign Affairs and vice-chancellors of 1992-1998, Claus adhesive (*
- 1955) , moderator and editorship leader of the today journal studied, studied in Tübingen law refuge charcoal burner (
- 1943) , acting Federal President in Tübingen jurisprudence (since 2004), studied political economy and political sciences, assistant activity at Institut for applied economic research, since 2003 fee professor of the Eberhard Karl university Tübingen Eduard Mörike
- (1804 - 1875) in Tübingen, studied likewise in the Tübinger pin theology and spent a majority of its life inTübingen. Mörikes most well-known works are painters Nolten as well as Peregrina, one of its most well-known poems are spring let be blue volume.
- Christiane nut flax volume hard (* 1942), biologies and Nobelpreisträgerin (1995), chief of the institute for Max-Planck for development development of Tübingen
- Martin Prenninger, called Martinus Uranius (approx. 1450 - 1501), human and lawyers, held from 1490 to its death the chair for canonical right
- Friedrich August Quenstedt (1809 - 1889), starting from 1821 study in Tübingen, 1837 professor for mineralogy and geology, Stratigraph Swabian law (Quenstedt arrangement)
- of the Friedrich William Joseph of Schelling (1775 - 1854), the philosopher and representative of the German idealism were with Hegel in the pin.
- Viktor of Bruns, physician (1868 lent)
- Carlo forge, German politician (SPD), Federal Ministers for land affairs (1977 lent)
- Gebhard Mueller, GermanPolitician (CDU), Prime Minister, president of the Federal Constitutional Court (1978 lent)
- short George Kiesinger (CDU), Federal Chancellor and Prime Minister (1979 lent)
- Theodor ash castle, politics scientist (1985 lent)
- Christiane nut flax volume hard, biologies, Nobelpreisträgerin (2002 lent)
- walter Jens, Literature scientist and writer (2002 lent)
- Hans Küng, theologian and religion researcher (2002 lent)
a complete listing since 1868 are under list of the honour citizens of Tübingen.
sons and daughters of the city
the listcontains well-known persons, who are born in Tübingen. Whether they their sphere of activity in Tübingen had or are not insignificant thereby later.
- Rudolf Jacob Camerer, also Camerarius (1665-1721), Botaniker
- Johann George Gmelin, (1709-1755), Siberia researcher
- Carlo Steeb (1773-1836), priests andMedal founder
- Ludwig UHL and (1787-1862), poet and Germanist
- Albert Knapp (1798-1864), poet and Tierschützer
- Johann Ludwig Krapf (1810-1881), Missionar
- Christoph victory-wait (1830-1904), philosopher
- Friedrich of Payer (1847-1931), politicians and vice-chancellor
- Otto Konz (1875-1965), architect of the Neckarkanalisierung
- Martin Native of Alsace (1884-1957), architect
- OttoHeinrich maltreating wolf (1896-1971), paleontologist
- Paula field (1913-1989), Kommunistin and SED Funktionärin
- Lutz rawsmell (* 1922), Volkskundler and telling researcher
- walter Schult-hot (* 1924), actors and author
- Gerhard Mauz (1925-2003), journalist
- walter Hirrlinger (* 1926), politician (SPD) and president of the social federation VdK Germany
- Trusting God Bender (1927-1979), politician (CDU), lawyer and theologian
- Eugen Volz (*1932), lawyer and politician (CDU)
- Martin Holland (* 1934), Evangelist theologian, 1981-1984 president of the Synode of the Württembergi regional church
- Uli Märkle (1938-2005), producer of classical music
- Helmut Haussmann (* 1943), politicians andFederal Minister
- Suzanne Doucet (* 1946), singer, host and Produzentin
- Peter Macher (* 1947), tooth physician and institute leader
- Hermann Schaufler (*1947), politician (CDU) and lawyer
- Maren Kroymann (* 1949), actress, Kabarettistin, singer
- Albrecht Beutelspacher (* 1950), mathematics professor
- Helmut Rau (*1950), politician, Secretary of cultural affairsOf Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Dieter Thomas's bold (* 1965), singer and Schlagerparodist
- Michael Theurer (* 1967), politician (FDP)
- Claudia Ott (* 1968), Arabistin
- Württembergi city book; Volume IV volume Baden-Wuerttemberg volume 2 from “German city book. Manual of urban history -On behalf of the working group of the historical commissions and with support of the German city daily, the German standard ware and the German municipality daily, hrsg. by Erich Keyser, Stuttgart, 1961
|Commons: Tübingen - pictures, videosand/or audio files|
|Wikinews: Tübingen - current messages|
|Wiktionary: Tübingen - word origin, synonyms and translations|