|Coat of arms||map|
|federation circle:||Central Russia|
|federation subject:||Oblast Tambow|
|kind of municipality:|
|Surface:||??? km ²|
|Height:||??? Meter and. NN|
|postal zip codes:|
|Telephone preselection:||+7 (07 52)|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 52° 43 ' N, 41° 25 ' O 52° 43 ' N, 41° 25 ' O.
of the city administration:
|List of the cities in Russia|
Tambow (Russian Тамбов) is a Russian city in the Oblast Tambow. The city is to approximately 420 km in the fruitful Oka Don basin because of the narrow river Zna, southeast from Moscow. Tambow has 289,560 inhabitants (conditions: 2004).
The city was created 1636 as part of the ring of forts, Moscow in the south and southeast against attacks act arene to protect should. When the Russian realm expanded to the south, the fortress lost its meaning, and Tambow became handels and administrative centre of a agricultural area.
The industry developed in larger extent only in the time after the October Revolution. Among the most important branches of industry today the chemical and the electrical industry rank.
Table of contents
objects of interest
to the objects of interest count the 1694 delighted Spaso Preobraschenski cathedral as well as several other monasteries and churches from that 17. and 18. Century, which refer to Tambows past as mirror-image-ritual center.
The old part of town is a conglomerate of different styles, which result in nevertheless a very harmonious whole. Tambow has a large opera.
On the prisoner of war cemetery Tambow Rada are appropriate 24000 died prisoners of war 2. World war. It was restored 1998. In the center is 4.5 m a high wood cross.
whole special attention earns the art gallery, which enjoys a world-wide meaning with thousands of exhibits and pictures of Russian, Soviet and European artists. With works of Jean Honore Fragonard, January van Goyen, David Teniers the younger one, January van Scorel, Francesco Trevisani, Jacopo Palma (the boy), Giulio Romano, Lorenzo Bartolini Salvator pink one, Ferdinand Bol, Nicolaes Berchem, Karl Pawlowitsch Brjullow, Andrei Petrowitsch Rjabuschkin and many different.
See also: Bitjug
resuming educational facilities
- branch of the military university for biological, chemical and radiation protection
- branch of the institute University of Tambow national University of
- Tambow national educational S technical for
- infrastructure of employers branch
- of the new legal
- institute Moscow national one. - W. - Rachmaninow Musikinstitut Tambow
- technical Militärinstitut for aviation Tambow
of sons and daughters of the city
- Andrei Nikolajewitsch Kolmogorow, mathematician
- Lew Kuleschow, painter, stage designer and director
- Georgi Alexandrowitsch shell, composer
- Alexei Sergejewitsch Selesnjow, French chess master and study composer
- Alexander Iwanowitsch Wwedenski, philosopher and psychologist