Technical University of
| higher one technical education|
(and its emergence)
The transformation of the technical universities (TH), which usually for 100 to 200 years exists, into technical universities (DO) took place in the 70ern and 80ern and attached them apart from the prestige gain also a stronger portion wished on the part of the policy and economy Basic research and the addition around accompanying fan, z. B. from the ranges philosophy, communication science, management and advertisement, sociology and national economy. The technical university Berlin was again-created 1946 on Veranlassung of the English military administration as technical University of Berlin with human reorientation. Examples of technicalUniversities, which did not rename themselves into technical university, are the Rheinisch Westfäli technical university in Aachen and the University of Karlsruhe (TH), as well as two Swiss Swiss federal technical universities in Zurich and Lausanne.
The nine the larger technical universities of Germany have themselves in an initiative DO 9 united, in particular with the lining up European-wide standardizations of the conclusions - references Bachelor or diploma? and Bologna process - public-effectively to word announces.
follows faculties or
departments of the usual subdivision of a technical university „the classical “ engineer subjects:
- Electro-technology also Energy -, communications technology, electronics
- mechanical engineering inclusive traffic engineering (vehicle technology, air and space technology,…), Process engineering, plastics engineering etc.
- Civil engineerings
- natural sciences
starting from approximately 1975 were added the following fan:
in additionalso some interdisciplinary courses of studies developed:
- To engineer computer science
- materials sciences
- medium technology
- technical physics
- medical computer science
- technology, geosciences, natural science
- study, university, University of, professional school
- list of German universities
- Swiss Universities of, universities and professional schools
- Austrian Universities of, universities andProfessional schools