Tenzin Gyatso (Tibetan: བསྟན ་ འཛིན ་ རྒྱ ་ མཚོ ་, native Lhamo Dhondrub; * 6. July 1935 in Taktser, province Amdo, Tibet) is inkarnierter Lamas a buddhistischer monk and since 1940 of the XIV. Dalai Lama. It is line ownerand medal head of the Gelug - school and at the same time a proponent of the Rime - movement. The formal address is “its holyness”, Tibeter calls it mostly Yeshe Norbu or Gyalwa Rinpoche.
table of contents
Tenzin Gyatso (tibet. Tan 'dzin rGya mts'o) is the monk name of the current Dalai Lama. It became to 6. July 1935 in Taktser, a village in thatTibetan province Amdo in the northeast Tibets with the name Lhamo Dhondrub as a son of a farmer born. At the age of two years it became by two monks, which had appeared he before in a vision, as Wiedergeburt of its 1933 deceased predecessorThub Idan rgya mtsho (Thubten Gyatso) discovers. It is reported that it spontaneously a Mala (buddhistischer Rosenkranz), which that XIII. Dalai Lama belonged, when its recognized and also further tests existed. Among other things it could designate another prominent monkand further articles, which likewise belonged to the predecessor, from a bring along quantity pick out.
Lhamo Dhondrub is brought into the Potala palace in Lhasa, where he is educated and trained by buddhistischen monks. To 22. February 1940 it becomes at the age of4 ½ years as XIV. Dalai Lama inthronisiert. Its new name read thereby Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang praise-sang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso - “holy Mr., good-natured Mr., along-feeling defender of the faith, ocean of the wisdom”. Tibeter normally speak of the Dalai Lama as Yeshe Norbu(“the fulfilment”) or simply as Kundün (“present “).
Since its 13. Lebensjahr suffers the Dalai Lama at an eye disease, however never more near examined and/or. treated is. It is reported that the Dalai Lama itself in the concernedTime in a Eremitenklause near the monastery Katoshun stopped, in which it (probably in May 1948) received a vision. Wanderer want thereby in passing in the hut track-send bright light to have seen, which led to eye damagecould. From official side this history was however never confirmed.
To 17. November 1950 will that at that time 15-jährigen Dalai Lama after the Okkupation Tibets by the People's Republic of China the government authority over the country transferred (not recognized by China). In The Dalai goes years 1954 to Peking, in order to advise with Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tung) over a peaceful settlement of the Tibet conflict. The discussions end without results. The Okkupation Tibets becomes also in the film seven years in Tibet after thatBook of Heinrich Harrer treats, where the figure of the Tenzin Gyatso plays a basic role.
Briefly before it fled, it had the Geshe, which buddhistischen theology (see. Indian philosophy), at the Jokhang - temple attains. After a failedRebellion of the Tibeter against the Chinese Okkupation in the year 1959 fled the present Dalai Lama to 10. March to India in the exile after Dharamsala (Himachal Pradesh), where it is since then and itself from there further for thoseIndependence Tibets from the People's Republic of China begins, which regards its efforts as separatism. To 10. March 1963 announced the Dalai Lama a democratic condition for Tibet, to it - it should step ever into force - the mainly representative obligationsone transferred.
apart from these political activities sits down the XIV. Dalai Lama intensively for a friedfertigen, constructional and along-feeling dialogue of humans in both in more religious and ingeneral regard. In addition it approximately accomplished a large number of lecture journeys around the globe and published also many writings, in those the conceptions tibeto - of the buddhistischen religion differentiated unexpectedly contrary to the simple way of life to questions of life practice,for the nature of human consciousness and further existenzieller questions to be described.
Due to its move interest in scientific topics and co-operation with the North American businessman Adam Engle, as well as, 1990 the Mind and developed for the Chilean neuro biologist Francisco VarelaWould run institutes.
the present Dalai Lama gives also in the west in regular intervals inaugurations to the buddhistische Kalachakra - Tantra. Kalachakra is, apart from the practices on Yamataka and Guhyasamaja (Yidams), one of the main transmissions. With thisInauguration connected practice is called also” Kalachakra for the world peace “.
The current Dalai Lama part of the Tibetan government-in-exile is political and by the People's Republic of China is not recognized.
In contrast to this the person of the four tenth Dalai has Lamas in the west besideits moral authority above all the status of an Ambassador of the peace. In the year 1989 the Nobel peace prize was lent to it, which is due from its efforts to make attentive with all (peaceful) means on the situation in its homeland Tibet.
End July 2005 was Tenzin Gyatso for three days long to guest in Wiesbaden. One lent the hessian peace price to it and its 70. Birthday after-celebrated. In the end of its attendance its public speech in the Wiesbadener became Kurpark of approximate20,000 humans experiences.
- Dr. - 1988 the Nobel peace prize
- Hessian peace price to 27. July 2005
|Wikiquote: 14. Dalai Lama - quotations|
- if you lose, lose notthe learning effect.
- Obey in principle the following three rules: think (because large love and large goals hold large risks) of
- respect for you
- respect for other and
- respect (responsibility) for all your actions.
- It remembers that something thatyou do not get, sometimes a marvelous adding of the fate to be can.
- Learn the rules, so that you know, how you break her.
- If you notice that you made an error, undertake immediately something, in order to correct him.
- Spend each daysome time with you.
- Meet changes with open arms, but do not lose thereby not your wertmassstäbe.
- It remembers that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, respectable life - if you older are back-thought and, you become ita second time to enjoy know.
- A friendly atmosphere in your house is the best basis for your life.
- If you argue with dear friends, refer you only to the current situation - let the past rest.
- Parts your knowledge, soyou attain immortality.
- Is friendly to the earth.
- Attendance once in the year a place, which you do not know yet.
- Remember, the best relationship is those, in which the love for the other one is larger, as the demand for the other one.
- Evaluate your successes to it, which you had to give up, in order to obtain it.
- Dedicate you to the love and cooking with daring Sorglosigkeit.
- Dalai Lama: Logic of the love, Goldmann 1998 ISBN 3-442-13266-5
- Dalai Lama: The wayfortunately, Herder 2004 ISBN 3-451-05490-6
- Dalai Lama: The theories of the Tibetan Buddhismus, Goldmann 1998 ISBN 3-442-21539-0
- Dalai Lama: The four noble truths - the basis buddhistischer practice, Fischer 1999, ISBN 3-596-14973-8
- Dalai Lama: The book thatHumanity - a new ethics for our time, Lübbe 2002, ISBN 3-404-60514-4
- Dalai Lama: Dzogchen - the heart Essenz of the large perfection, Theseus 2001, ISBN 3-896-20171-9
- Dalai Lama: Singing of the internal experience - the stages on the path toIlluminating, Dharma edition, 1998, ISBN 3-927-86228-2
- Dalai Lama: Introduction in the Buddhismus - the Harvard lectures, Herder 2000, ISBN 3-451-04946-5
- Dalai Lama: Kalachakra Tantra, Theseus 2002, ISBN 3-896-20182-4
- Dalai Lama: Dream, sleep and death - the Dalai Lama in the discussionwith western scientists, Piper 2001, ISBN 3-492-23014-8
- Günther school man: The history of the Dalai Lamas. Leipzig 1958, ISBN B0000BNKWH
- Martin brewing (Hrsg.): The Dalai Lama. Tibets Reinkarnationen of the Bodhisattva Avalokiesvara. People customer museum of the University of Zurich,Zurich 2005, ISBN 3897902192
- Andreas Gruschke: Dalai Lama. Diederichs compactly, Kreuzlingen - Munich 2003, ISBN 3720524612
- Karl-Heinz Golzio and Pietro Bandini: The fourteen Wiedergeburten of the Dalai Lama. O.W.Barth publishing house, Berne Munich vienna 1997, ISBN 3-502-61002-9
- Dalai Lama XIV. and VictorChan:The wisdom of forgiving. 3. Edition. Geb. Expenditure - Lübbe, July 2005, ISBN 3785720513
- Manuel farmer, Matthieu Ricard, Christian Schmidt: On the way for the peace. Geb. Expenditure - Dva, March 2005, ISBN 3421058733
- Dalai Lama: Pieces of advice of the heart. 2003, ISBN 3-257-06338-5 developed for Diogenes publishing house, Zurich from discussions, which Matthieu Ricard with the Dalai Lama led.
- Gilles van Grasdorff: The Dalai Lama - the biography . 2. Edition. S. Fischer publishing house GmbH, 2004, ISBN 3-502-61133-5.
- Claude B.Levenson:Dalai Lama. The authorized biography of the Nobelpreisträgers ". Patmos publishing house, 2004, ISBN 3-491-69415-9
- Andreas Gruschke: Myths and legends of the Tibeter. Of Kriegern, monks, Dämonen and the origin of the world. Diederichs, Munich 1996, ISBN 3424013099
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Tenzin Gyatso in the catalog of the DDB
- information of the Nobelstiftung for award of the prize 1989 for Tenzin Gyatso (English)
- side to the Dalai Lama
- official side of the Tibetan government, the Dalai Lama
- critical one backgroundand pointing some plates
- memorable quotations out
- map of China and its neighboring countries in the eyes of the Exiltibeter
- Mind and of institutes for running
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||tibet. bsTan 'dzin rGya mts'o, geb. Lhamo Dhondrub|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||since 1940the XIV. Dalai Lama|
|DATE OF BIRTH||6. July 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Takster, province Amdo, Tibet|