Theatre in the Josefstadt
The theatre was created 1788 and is thereby the oldest still taped theatre in Vienna. It becomes colloquial also onlythe Josefstadt calls.
The history of the theatre is connected with large names: Ludwig van Beethoven and Richard Wagner directed here, Johann Nestroy and Ferdinand Raimund were connected the Josefstadt as actors and poets, Johann bunch (father) played in the Sträusselsälen up.
1822 were composed after outline and complete new building too small of the theatre become by Joseph Kornhäusel the house with the Ouvertüre the consecration of the house,and directed of Ludwig van Beethoven, again opens.
To 20. February 1834 was uraufgeführt Ferdinand Raimunds of the spendthrifts with the poet in the role of the Valentin (with stage music of Conradin Kreutzer).
Of approx. the famous dancers Fanny Elssler and those stepped 1840 to 1860Spaniard Pepita de Oliva in the Josefstadt up.
The German-language first performance of Ferenc Molnárs suburb legend “Liliom “with Josef Jarno in the title part to 28. February 1913 was the basis for the world success today again and again of the played piece.
directors (with theirTerm of office)
- 1788 - 1812 Karl Felix Mayer
- 1812 - 1822?
- 1822 - 1824 Karl Friedrich Hensler
- 1824 - 1828 J. of Scheidlin
- 1828 - 1831 Carl Carl
- 1831 - 1837 Johann August Stöger
- 1837 - 1848 Franz Pokorny
- 1848 - 1865?
- 1865 -1866 Johann prince
- 1866 - 1871?
- 1871 - 1877 Johann prince
- 1877 - 1899?
- 1899 - 1923 Josef Jarno
- 1924 - 1926 max of Reinhardt
- 1926 - 1933 max of Reinhardt and Emil Geyer
- 1933 - 1935 max of Reinhardt and Otto Preminger
- 1935 - 1938 Max Reinhardt and Ernst Lothar
- 1938 Robert Valberg
- 1938 - 1945 Heinz Hilpert
- 1945 - 1953 Rudolf Steinboeck
- 1953 - 1958 Franz impact and Ernst Haeussermann
- 1958 - 1977 Franz impact
- 1977 - 1984 Ernst Haeussermann
- 1984 - 1988 Heinrich Kraus (in September 1986 should Boy Gobert the management take over, died however few months before)
- 1988 - 1997 Otto give and Robert Jungbluth
- 1997 - 1999 Helmuth Lohner and Robert Jungbluth
- 1999 - 2003 Helmuth Lohner and Alexander Götz (manager)
- 2003 - 2004 Hans Gratzer and Alexander Götz (manager)
- 2004- 2006 Helmuth Lohner and Alexander Götz (manager)
- 2006 - Harsh ore Föttinger (designated; the management is to take over in September 2006)
famous ensemble members
to the ensemble members of the theatre belonged:
Axel of Ambesser, Albert Bassermann, Else Bassermann, Marie building master, KlausMaria Brandauer, Vilma Degi, harsh ore Föttinger, Paul Hartmann, Attila Hörbiger, Fritz Imhoff, Curd Jürgens, Fritz Kortner, Hilde Krahl, Werner Krauss, Maria Köstlinger, Ossy Kolmann, Wolfgang Liebeneiner, Helmuth Lohner, Karl notice-corrode, Fritz Muliar, Alfred Neugebauer, Johann Nestroy, Susi Nicoletti, Elfriede Ott, Ferdinand Raimund, Leo Reuss, Otto give, Erich Schleyer, Wenzel Scholz, briefly Sobotka, Hugo Thimig, Hermann Thimig, Helene Thimig, Hans Thimig, Paula Wessely, Bernhard Wicki.
Web on the left of
- theatres into the Josefstadt - official Internet operational readiness level
- entry over „theatres in the Josefstadt “ in the Austria encyclopedia of AEIOU
coordinates: 48° 12 ′ 34 ″ N, 16° 21 ′ 10 ″ O