a stillbirth is present, if the born child weighs at least 500 g and in the nut/mother body (intrauterin) or during the birth deceased. A stillbirth is compulsorily notifiable. The nut/mother receives a birth certificate and a certificate of death for her stillborn child.
A stillborn child is subject to the funeral obligation in all German Lands of the Federal Republic.
Parents have the right to give to the child the name of the nut/mother or - with name inequality - the child father.
Stillbirths can have different causes, e.g. Infections, false formations, Chromosomenbesonderheiten, lack supply e.g. due to medical indication after positive findings with Pränataldiagnostik, physical force (impacts into the abdomen), psychosocial reasons like e.g. War, stress etc.
If a child with a birth weight of under 500 g intrauterin or under the birth deceases, one calls this event abortion.
- Klaus shepherd: A star, which could not shine. The book for parents, their child too early died ISBN 3-451-05510-4
- Hannah Lothrop: Good hope, sudden end. ISBN 3-46634-389-5
- Manfred bag: The early loss of a child. Accomplishment and assistance during wrongly, stillbirth and false formation.
- Michaela Nijs: Mourn has its time. Parting rituals with the early death of a child.
- Alexandra Bosch (Hrsg.): Actually our children ISBN 3-00-015296-2
- Frühgeburt, transmission (birth), lack-born, star children
- living person birth, coffin birth
- infant mortality, risk birth
Web on the left of
- possible causes for stillbirths
- “mourning after a stillbirth” (an empirical analysis for the support of women and pairs concerned, thesis (diploma), with pdf down load possibility)
- to Maximilianprojekt.de with open forum
- *Muschel*-Seiten (with forum and Chat) for parents of star children
|please consider you the reference to health topics!|