with a Trickfilm the courses of motion are abgefilmt by figures, objects and effects not in real time, created as with a feature, but picture for picture artificially, i.e. animated. One speaks therefore also of animated film. As moving picture sequence one behind the other played, the Trickfilm produces the illusion of genuine movement with amazing effects with the viewer. A 90 minutes long film is compound from 135,000 frames (Frames/with 25 Frames per second). There the number of frames so, tries one is large in the Zeichentrickfilm with technical as well as artistic cheats the work expended to keep small (an individual draughtsman would need about 1 hour e.g. per picture and needed 8 hours on day work with 7 days the week heapprox. 46 years for 90 minutes are enough for Zeichentrickfilm without clay/tone).
Table of contents
which is a Trickfilm?
Trickfilm marks a synthetic medium, i.e. that the frame animation, on the basis articles (model animation, doll trick, kneading film), designs (indication film), flat figures (putting trick) or with the help of a computer(Computer animation).
classical trick techniques
part of film history , were developed further from the outset these techniques constantly and are today common until. Each technology brought its own aesthetics out. The decision for a certain animation technology becomes today forwardseverything under commercial criteria met, whereby the majority of all trick productions is either indication trick or 3-D-Computeranimation, because these two techniques are suitable best for industrielle production with many specialized operational sequences. All other techniques become mainly in the Kurzfilm, in the advertisementand naturally at film universities uses. They require also rather an artistic approach and a central person in the work routine.
stop Motion or object animation
- doll trick film - dolls within a scenery in the suitable yardstick are changed from picture to picture,so that it in the finished film liquid move. Usually possess dolls skeleton with difficult to operate joints, so that they maintain the float, into which the Animator bends them, also. (Example: the sand male, Tim Burtons The Nightmare Before Christmas)
- Claymation (so-called. Clay figure film with modeling clay figures) - the figures consist of kneading rubber or clay/tone, in more recent time partly also with replaceable plastic parts (e.g. for mouth movements). (Example: Nod park Chicken run - hens running)
- Brickfilm - all figures and window blinds becomebuilt up from Legosteinen
- Pixilation - actors are abgefilmt just as einzelbildweise as objects (example: Norman McLarens A Chairy Tale)
- Collagefilm (also object trick called) - arbitrary materials are built up under the camera to pictures (example: the films January Švankmajers))
- Zeichentrickfilm - raw material of the frames are designs, which change picture for picture continuously. These become nowadaysusually in-scanned and digitally further processes. In addition, the designs can be taken up directly by the camera, and it does not have to be drawn with pencil on paper, but each graphic or pictorial technology is possible.
- Sand on glass of animation - upa Leuchttisch sand is strewn, which appears black in the picture. With the hand or with tools the sand einzelbildweise is moved, which produces very soft forms and movements and particularly well for the Morphen is suitable. (Example: Films of Ferenc Cako)
- drawing or scratching directly on film - with foil pin or - color is drawn directly on bright Filmmaterial or with needle and/or. Measurer on black Filmmaterial scratched. The results are usually very rough and wobbly. Also the Tonstreifencan be worked on directly which to scratching and knisternden noises leads. (Example:Norman McLarens Blinkity blank or LINEs vertical)
- putting trick film, also flat figure film - low-cut forms, parts of the body (as with a Hampelmann), are usually positioned under the camera. (Example: thoseAnimation parts in the films of Monty Python. The series South Park avails itself the putting trick aesthetics, however completely with a computer program for 3D-Animation was produced.)
- shears cut film - a special form of the flat figure film, with that the elements as withShade play only as dark silhouettes are recognizable (example: the films of Lotte cleaner)
- line male - as vector diagrams in Flash are usually programmed.
nowadays aesthetics and production way are no longer linked firmly with one another like in former times. Thereforedevelop many 2-D-Animationen by means of special software totally or partly in the computer, or the material taken up in classical manners is digitized and further processed in the computer. And for approximately 1980, as both collecting mains in-scanned will could the developing data sets technically, experience this technology a rapid development and a commercial success history became manageable. The cgi developed from the CAD - technology finally made it possible to do without any digitized collecting main and to produce all picture objects completely in the computer. Basis are always vector data thatObjects in 2 or 3 dimensions. Information about the appearance and the movements of all objects is joined, until each necessary frame can be finally computed and be gerendert in the desired picture resolution.
trick technology and material film
the classical trick techniquessince early film history as special effects in features are used. As examples mentioned here only the King Kong, or Alfred Hitchcocks animated in stop Motion is the birds, those partially. in indication trick technology on the finished Filmmaterial were drawn. Indication trick figureslike Elliot, the Schmunzelmonster, Roger Rabbit or the Looney Tunes interacts in main roles with material actors.
Today nearly all “Visual Effects “is computer-generated - see cgi. Digital three-dimensional characters such as Gollum from the master of the ringsit inserts itself so perfectly into the material film picture and “actors” so convincingly that the border between trick and feature is not to be noticed almost any longer.
- Aardman animation
- Blue Sky of Studios
- Pacific DATA Imaging (PDI)
- Studio Ghibli
- The roll Disney company
- Warner Bros.
- clayart - scopas media AG Frankfurt
- Schoemann, Annika: The German animated film: from the beginnings to the present 1909 - 2001, sank Augustin: Gardez! - Verl.,2003
- of walter Faber, Helen of walter, Algrant (Hg.), animation Unlimited: Innovative Short of film sinks 1940, HarperCollins Publishers 2004
- Trish Ledoux, Doug Ranney, Fred cuffs (editor), Complete Anime Guide: Japanese animation film directory and resource Guide, tiger Mountain press 1997
Web on the left of
- the German animated film before 1945
- Workshops and background knowledge, also to the Download (English)
- extensive link list about animated film, (English)
- web page of the former Halas & Batchelor of Studios (English)
- Festival international you film d'Animation in Annecy, France (French and English)]
- ITFS - Int. Trickfilmfestival in Stuttgart
- Trickfimfestival Fantoche in bathing, (Switzerland)
- film celebration Dresden - Int. Festival for animation and Kurzfilm
- Leipziger festival for dokumentar and animated film
- on-line StopmotionFestival for knead doll animation
- department of Trickfilm at the academy of art Kassel
- specialist area medium organization academy of art for media Cologne
- specialist area animation at the HFF “Konrad wolf” in potsdam Babelsberg