the UNESCO - list of the world inheritance consists of the world cultural heritage and the world nature inheritance . Altogether it covers 827 monuments in 137 countries. Of it 628 cultural monuments and 175 Naturdenkmäler are, further 24 monuments belong both to the culture and the nature inheritance.
- List of the UNESCO Welterbes (Africa)
- list of the UNESCO Welterbes (America)
- list of the UNESCO Welterbes (Asia and Ozeanien)
- list of the UNESCO Welterbes (Europe)
a subsidiary organization of the UNESCO, the World Heritage Committee, supports the protection and/or the restoration with the objects led in the list by technical and material assistance. The World Heritage Committee leads a list of the world document inheritance, contain beside the world inheritance also who book inventories, handwriting , scores, Unikate, picture, clay/tone and film documents.
Table of contents
emergence of the idea
the term „of the cultural inheritance “(héritage) goes to 18 on Henri Baptiste Grégoire, bishop von Blois, out of that. Century back and became Hague in - did not sign of the USA - the convention of 14. May 1954 codifies:
- Damage ton cultural property, belonging tons any people more whatsoever, means damage ton the cultural heritage OF all one child, sinks each person of makes its contribution ton the culture OF the world.
The impact for the creation of a UNESCO convention for the protection of the culture and nature inheritance of the world gave the call of the UNESCO of 8. March 1960, by the building of the Aswan - dam of the Nile thinking marks threatened in Nubien for future generations to save.
basis is the 1972 in Stockholm discharged UNESCO convention for the protection of the culture and nature inheritance of the world. It stepped 1975 into force. In order to the list to be taken up, at least one of the six characteristics must be fulfilled. The object worthy of protection must
- be from singular artistic value.
- strong cultural influence on a region or an epoch exert.
- of large scarcity value or age its.
- exemplarily for a certain artistic development its.
- for a certain architecture epoch.
- significantly in connection with outstanding ideas or historical shapes its.
Once in the year, normally at the beginning of of July, meets the World Heritage Committee, in order to decide on the applications for membership of the states for new monuments. With these meetings also over the condition of monuments already taken up will advise. Every two years the monument and nature listing (world inheritance list) are published.
The first German building, which became world cultural heritage, was in the year 1978 the emperor cathedral to Aachen, grave church of Karl of the large one and coronation/culmination church of the German kings. The Lands of the Federal Republic place an application for membership in Germany.
for the admission of an object into the list of the monuments one of ten criteria must be fulfilled. Since 2005 for each object both the criteria for nature and for cultural heritage are examined. At present so 28 places fulfill both criteria of nature and the cultural heritage.
criteria for cultural properties
- (i): The object represents einzigartigs a masterpiece of the creative spirit of humans.
- (ii): The object possesses, in one time interval or a region, important influence on the development of architecture and technology, on forming arts as well as on town development and landscape design.
- (iii): The object represents a singular or at least unusual certification of a cultural tradition or an existing or gone down civilization.
- (iv): The object is an outstanding example of a type of building, of architectural composition or a landscape, which and/or. which an important development section of mankind under-paint and/or. under-painted.
- (v): The object is an outstanding example of human addresses and land and/or. , Became susceptible in particular then if this culture shows sea management, which is representative for a culture or certain cultures, or the nature behavior of humans by unreversible changes in its environment.
- (vi): The object is directly or comprehensibly with certain events, connected with alive traditions, with ideas and faith, with universal important art or literature works. (The committee agreed the fact that this criterion is sufficient only in absolute exceptional cases as only fulfilled criterion for an admission)
criteria for nature goods
- (vii): The object contains unusual natural phenomena or areas of outstanding beauty and aesthetic importantness.
- (viii): The object is an outstanding certification of an important development section of the earth, which contains the proof of life, important and continuous processes of geology for the organization of the earth's surface as well as geomorphologic and physiogeografische procedures.
- (ix): The object is an outstanding example of fortlaufendene biological and ecological processes in the evolution of ecology systems ashore, in inland waters, at coasts or in seas is or from partnerships between animals and plants.
- (x): The object contains the most important and most typical habitats for unimpaired preservation of the biological development on earth, included the areas, which contain ways of life the universal value unusual according to present scientific opinion possess.
red ones list
into the red list of the world inheritance are taken up particularly endangered objects even if the responsible signatory state does not place a request against the UNESCO. Since 2004 are 35 monuments on this list. Thus for example the Cologne cathedral was set in July 2004 on „the red list of the world inheritance “, after the city Cologne had decided, their multistoried building politics, which limit the view to the cathedral to continue. Also after the consultation of the UNESCO in July 2005 the Cologne cathedral on the red list remains.
Also for Dresden the Elbtal exists the danger only one year after the award of the status world inheritance on the red list to be set. The most beautiful and broadest place of the valley is by one strongly disputed, vierspurige road bridge, which so-called Waldschlösschenbrücke is cut. In November 2005 the building planned by the Dresden mayor Ingolf Rossberg (FDP) more concrete information about by the World Heritage center Paris were inquired. The building was a component of the request to the UNESCO, disputed is however whether in the context of the request the conveyed information about the bridge was applicable in all details. Of the UNESCO assigned independent appraisal of the Aachener of city planner Kunibert were awake judges the bridge as expressed problematic. A decision over the admission of the Elbtals into the red list is expected for June 2006.
Web on the left of
- world inheritance convention
- list of the UNESCO
- data base of the UNESCO with extensive descriptions of the individual places (English)
- Worldheritage forum Web log and information about UNESCO Welterbe
- „treasures of the world “ here one can hear oneself documentation films over the most culture and Naturdenkmäler with the UNESCO descriptor as quarter-hour RealPlayer - videos to regard and -.
- Dokumentationszentrum world inheritance of the city Bamberg
|lists of the UNESCO Welterbestätten|