|of these articles describes the city Uelzen. For the quarter of the same name of Unna, see there.|
|Coat of arms||map|
coat of arms illustration on www.flaggen-server.de
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Lower Saxony|
|surface:||135.84 km ²|
|inhabitants:||35.111 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||259 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||43 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||29525|
|geographical situation:||52° 58 ' n. Break. </br> 10° 34 ' o. L.|
|municipality key:||03 3 60 025|
|city arrangement:||16 local parts|
of the city administration:
| Duke place 2|
|mayor:||Otto Lukat (SPD), directly selected|
Uelzen is a district town in the northeast Lower Saxony.
Table of contents
of Uelzen is district town of the district Uelzen in Lower Saxony, between Hamburg and Hanover, inthe Lüneburger heath convenient. By Uelzen the river Ilmenau flows, in direct proximity lies the Elbe side channel. The river Wipperau “underruns” together with a foot and a cycle track the channel in the height of the Oldenstädter Meyerholzweges. The water level of the channelold city several meters lies above ground in the range (dam distance). At the outskirts of a town, north of old city, the Oldenstädter artificially put on lake lies. It developed in the course of the construction work of the Elbe side channel, since for the embankment construction way of the channel much sand and soil needbecame. The lake serves today as local recreation area. Here can be gesurft, fished and bathed. Itself directly the grill place present on the lake can be rented.
Uelzen consists of the local parts largely songs, Hansen, Hanstedt II, Holdenstedt,Kirchweyhe, small Süstedt, Masendorf, Mehre, Molzen, old city, Riestedt, Ripdorf, authors, Veerssen, Westerweyhe, Pieperhöfen and Woltersburg. The quarters Veerssen and the Uelzener city center in the course of the time grew together.
(in each case to 31. December)
the duke place
- 21 municipalities in the north and the east of Rouen, France
- barn-stack, Great Britain
- Tikaré, Guibaré, Burkina Faso
- Kobryn, white Russia
culture and objects of interest
the hundred-water musical of Rolf saving mountain with music of Konstantin bell was specified 2004 in the theatre to the Ilmenau. Altogether the 71 performances of over 32.500 spectators becamevisited (about which approx. 2.000 given maps were).
In addition, usually appearances of tour theatres take place, it were already numerous from radio and television well-known Kabarettisten and Comedians to guest in the city in the “theatre to the Ilmenau”. Regularlyalso the well-known “Theaterstadl” makes from Peter Steiner station in Uelzen.
theatre at the rose wall
in the city center is the “theatre operated privately by pure hard Schamuhn because of the rose wall”, also “new Schauspielhaus & creative memory” mentioned. Emphasisin addition, the conceptions are small art and Kabarett, it take place musical performances.
the city Uelzen organized annually the cooling outer competition for new generation seamists, designated after Friedrich Kuhlau.
The city possesses a multiplicity of music taverns and - cafes, under itthe comma (at the fast market), the Hofinger, the Schlürffachhandel Unikum, the Schillers and the Wallstreet, as well as WOULD RUN, the Mephisto and the Discothek the Luna.
- the originally wilhelminische Uelzener stationin the context of the world exhibition Expo was converted 2000 after conceptions and in the style by peace realm hundred-one hundred to the hundred-water one hundred.
the origin of the city lies not in the today's city centre, but in the quarter old city. Here was a monastery.Uelzen received municipal rights to 1270 by duke Johann I. († 1277) lent and belonged since 1476 to the Hanse. In the time of the industrialization Uelzen became an important railway junction; in the second half 20. Century sat up thisthe federal highways away.
Uelzen is called in the regional linguistic usage also the Uhlenköperstadt. This is due to the legend that a Uelzener citizen of a farmer owls (Uhlen) bought in place of Birkhähnen:
The legend reports thata gewitzter farmer of the country into the city Uelzen came, in the luggage a bag with living contents. There it met a curious buyer, who asked it, what it in the bag has. The farmer answered “Baarftgaans”, what the dealerhowever wrongly as “bark cock” understood and the farmer a stately price paid, without looking into the bag. At home arrived, he wanted to show its wife the Birkhähne just acquired, but when he opened the bag, three owls fluttered outsideand caused all kinds of damage in the dwelling of the buyer. The buyer sued thereupon the farmers. This said however to his defense, it clearly “Baarfgaans” sold and the fact that owls went barefoot, can one to him did not abstreiten. ThatJudge is to have been amused in such a manner by the smart one of the farmer that he acquitted him. Therefore the Uelzener is called owl buyers up to the today's day “Uhlenköper”, thus.
A bronze statue to the Marienkirche reminds of this legend. Rubbing against the cointhe statue and simultaneous Klimpern of the small money in the trouser pocket it is to ensure that one has always enough money. The coin is rubbed therefore lightbright.
economics and infrastructure
- Uelzen have a within port at the Elbe side channel.
- The city is historical traffic junction for the Eisenbahnverkehr. The place is critical point at the intertown center line Hanover - Celle - Uelzen - Lueneburg - Hamburg, also critical point for the ICE (since winter timetable 2005/2006 on Fridays a ICE to Frankfurt/Main and Sundays to Hamburg).
- Furthermore there are railway connections over Soltau to Bremen (“America line “), over GIF horn after Braunschweig and to Magdeburg over Stendal. The latter became possible, after after the German division the shut downSection salt whisk was built again newly - Uelzen (single-railed). The “new building distance” becomes also of numerous intertown center courses on the distance Hamburg - Berlin uses.
- From Uelzen the federal highway continues to transfer 4 over GIF horn and Braunschweig after bath Harzburg and to the souththe resin after north living. In the opposite direction the federal highway leads 4 across bath Bevensen and Lueneburg northward to Hamburg. At the end of of 2003 was finished placed a spacious by-pass road, which branches from the old routing south of Holdenstedt, betweenthe city and the quarter old city at the Elbe side channel along leads and in the north of the city the old route meets. Due to the high truck load (abbreviation between the marketing areas Hamburg and Braunschweig wolf castle Magdeburg) the introduction of a duty obligation in the discussion was brief.
- After southwest the federal highway 191 leads across Eschede after Celle. After northeast it leads by the turning country with Dannenberg to the again developed Dömitzer bridge across the Elbe after Ludwig desire and Schwerin.
- Eastward the federal highway transfers 493Lüchow (turning country) after Schnackenburg (Elbe).
- To the west the federal highway 71 leads across Münster after Soltau. With the BAB connection point Soltau east crosses the B71 the federal motorway A7.
- Uelzen possesses, in to the west of the city from gelegenden village the Barnsen, an airfield.
- Uelzen lies in the center one of the largest, not area opened by motorways in Germany. A 39, for many years angedacht and planned, is to time of far utopia. In the region Uelzen gives it both to proponent and criticmotorway construction.
- Uelzen is traditionally center of a cultivation area of sugar beets and at the same time location of the largest sugar factory of Germany. Uelzen was seat of the sugars - corporation Uelzen Braunschweig, those about 2002 with the sugar group northAG for the second largest German enterprise of the sugar industry, which north sugar AG with seat is fused now however in Braunschweig.
- The Uelzena EEC is a supraregional meaning manufacturer of milk and beverage powders, butter and butter fats and special products. Beyond that it givesfurther food-processing enterprises in Uelzen, which are occupied with cucumbers and milk.
- Nestlé Schöller operates a work with scarcely 500 persons employed with the production of cup and handle ice as well as cold treatment baking goods in Uelzen.
- The forwarding business Kobernuss reached country wide admittingness among experts,since it out-flew a flag a part of its truck fleet after the fourth extension to the East of the European Union at the beginning of 2005 to Cyprus, in order to go around the German industrial law.
- The metronom railway company has here its seat and its work. It operates regional express traffic between Bremen -Hamburg - Uelzen - Hanover - Goettingen. Partners are the EVB, the HHA, the BSAG and the OHE.
- Uelzen is location of the not-commercial restaurant radio radio ZuSa, that over the transmitters Uelzen (88,0MHz is radiated), Lueneburg (95.5 MHz) and Zernien (89.7 MHz). The program brings information about Uelzen, Lueneburg and environment as well as much to Pop and skirt music. The messages were taken over in former times by NDR 2, since 2002 of Germany radio culture from Berlin.
- Thoseonly daily paper in the circulation area Uelzen is the “general newspaper of the Lüneburger heath” (colloquially called “AZ”), which itself in the possession of C. Beckers letterpress printing GmbH & cost. Kg finds. To C. Beckers letterpress printing belong likewise the old Marks of newspaper and thatIsenhagener circle sheet. The general newspaper has an edition of 20.264 spread copies (first quarter 2005) and becomes thereby from approx. 54,000 persons read.
- In Uelzen also several indicator sheets appear: Uelzener indicator to Wednesday, Uelzener indicator on Sunday and the generalIndicator (Sundays)
- service center” (call center) operates public mechanisms the federal agency for work among other things, calls not only from the actual range the Uelzen, but in Uelzen also from the ranges Lueneburg, Celle, Lüchow Dannenberg, Soltau/bath Fallingbostel,District Harburg, city Hamburg as well as Coesfeld, Rheine and Münster receives, since then 28.04.06 is added also the ranges Hagen, north horn and Bautzen, which are received over the central call numbers of the respective agencies, thus cares for overflow service center in Uelzen 70 agencies Germany far. Thoseentsprechenden Agenturen werden per Mail über die Anrufe informiert und rufen die Kunden anschließend zurück. For the answer from questions to the ALG II (better admits than Hartz IV) a further team is available, which itself exclusive with this topicconcerned.
of sons and daughters of the city
- Welfenherzog Ernst from the house Braunschweig Lueneburg (* 26. June 1497)
- Friedrich blade (1893 - 1950), German politician (DP), mayors of Goslar (1921 - 1933 and 1948 -1950) and MdB (DP-party head)
- Ulf Krüger (* 1947, German musician, member of the group line man
- Friedrich Kuhlau (1786 - 1832), German composer
- walter barrier man (* 1932), German politician (CDU), of 1977 to 1986 mayors of Frankfurt/Main, from 1986 to 1987 Federal Ministers for environment, nature protection and reactor safety and from 1987 to 1991 Prime Minister of the country Hessen
- Angelika Volquartz (* 1946), German politician (CDU), since 2003 Oberbürgermeisterin of ,
- German painter Ernst Pingel
- (* 1907 ), domestic painter pure hard Schamuhn (
- * 1939 ), action artist [work on] further
- personalities, those with the city in connection
Mola Adebisi, television moderator Juliane Helene Berger (* 1952
- ). Peter Struck (* 1943), up to 22. November of 2005 Federal Ministers of the defense under the government Gerhard Schröder /SPD faction leader
- Dr. Dietrich H. Hoppenstedt (* 1940), was of 1977-1979 a director of upper circle in Uelzen and is since that 01. October 1998President of the German savings bank and Giroverbandes.
taking of hostages of Uelzen
admits became Uelzen in the year 2002, when the escape of three German Geiselnehmern began there and ended in Rowno unblutig. The young menin Wrestedt in the district Uelzen a bank had taken and with them across to Europe had fled attacked, two women as hostages . A hostage could flee with a tank stop in Poland to a Polizeifahrzeug, second in Rowno was released.Well later the men of the Ukrainian police placed themselves one hour. The authors, Artur F., Heinrich K. and Witali H., three young men from the area Uelzen, sat thereupon six months long in Kiew in remand then on and becameGermany delivered.
Web on the left of
old person medium gene | Bath Bevensen | Bath soil pond | Barum | Bienenbüttel | Ebstorf | Eimke | Emmendorf | Gerdau | Hanstedt | Himbergen | Jelmstorf | Lüder | Natendorf | Oetzen | Rätzlingen | Römstedt | Rosche | Schwienau | Soltendieck | Stadensen | Stoetze | Suderburg | Suhlendorf | Uelzen | Waistcoat | Wieren | Wrestedt | Wriedel