Ultimate frisbee (also briefly Ultimate called) is a crew sport, which is played with 175 g a heavy plastic throw disk (frisbee) on a rectangular playing field. Invented by American students originally, Ultimate enjoys today of increasing popularity andmeanwhile around the globe nearly everywhere one plays approximately. It ranks among the Flying disk kinds of sport.
Table of contents
a goal of the play is, the frisbee disk thrown by a fellow player in the opposing final zoneto catch at the end of the field, for which the crew of the Fängers receives one point. Different play elements from the basketball and American football are contained with the Ultimate, however body contact is forbidden. Tried the attacking (in disk possession present) crew to erlaufen itself free spaces tries the defending crewto arrive by covers and blocking in disk possession. The play is very run intensive thereby, however the player with the disk may not move from the place. The sport will become without arbitrators played, all decisions by the players involved on the field met.
Playedbecomes on football fields, in resounds or at the beach. A crew consists of 7 field players - in resounds or with smaller field size also less (4-5) - and of an unlimited number of substitutes.
Mirror-image-guessed/advised OF the Game - Ultimate frisbee is the crew spirit andfair playing promote. The respect of the players among themselves is to remain protected by the fact that the rules are kept and so the joy in the play existing remain.
from where the idea to the playing equipment frisbee comes, is not not exactly well-known. Stories of flying pancake, flyingKuhfladen or hurled baking trays of the American baker William trunk Frisbie belong probably rather in the realm of the legends. When reliably it applies however that in the course of the UFO - euphoria, which inundated in the middle of the past century the USA and Europe findige businessmen on the ideacame to manufacture and sell flying plastic disks. To them belonged also walter Frederic Morrison, which built 1947 the first frisbee model from plastic. It already began 1951 to manufacture its improved model Pluto of flat in series. 1964 became with that internationally frisbee Association (IFA) the first federationbased, and students of the Columbia High School in new jersey Ultimate frisbee presented to 1968 as crew kind of sport of the public. They took over thereby play elements of the American people kinds of sport basketball and American football. 1967 was set up the first, also today still generally accepted rules. Since 1983 world championships becomedelivered.
Ultimate belongs to the so-called. Flying disk kinds of sport, among which also disciplines rank such as disk gulf or Freestyle.
- the playing field is a rectangular field with final zones on each side. The main playing field is 64 m long and 37 m broad -the final zones on the right of and left are 18 m long. With fewer players or in can the playing field resounds be made accordingly smaller.
- The crews consist of mixed teams with seven players each. With a Mixed at least three female players must play play. The attackingCrew may decide then whether in the team at the same time three or four women are represented. The opponent must adapt accordingly. With smaller playing field deviating for each crew can be also already played from the official set of rules with three players - in (hand ball field) mostly become five resoundagainst five easily.
- The disk must through passes on into the opposing final zone to be brought. If it is caught there, the crew receives one point. A play ends, if a team reached 13 points. At less than two points projection/lead becomes however on maximally 15 pointsfurther-played.
- With beginning of play the crews at the respective front final zone line set up themselves. The defending crew throws the disk to the attacking crew. To each point both crews set up themselves, as new with the beginning of play again. The crew, which made the point, remains at thisFinal zone line and throws now to the opposing crew at the opposite final zone line.
- The disk can be thrown to a crew member in arbitrary direction. The player with the disk may not move however from the place. A star step, as for example with the basketball, is however permitted.The player with the disk (thrower) has ten seconds time to throw. The direct defender of the thrower (marker) counts in the 1-second pulse to 10.
- If a throw is not rule-fairly implemented and imprisoned, the defending crew gets immediately the disk (so mentioned Turn) and is now aggressor. This is and. A. the case if the disk becomes imprisoned outside of the field, if it becomes imprisoned from the opponent with the release blocked or, if it before catching the soil affected or if the thrower is counted out(10-second rule).
- Between the players no body contact is permitted. Picks (handicap of the defense by an attacking player) and obstruction of vision are likewise forbidden.
- If a player affects the opponent, this is rated as Foul. If the attacking crew loses the disk by a Foul of the defending crew, soit may continue nevertheless the play course. If the foulende player does not agree with the Foulruf (a Contest so mentioned), then the last passport is repeated.
- Ultimate is played without arbitrators. The players are even responsible to indicate Fouls as well as line offences and regulate their diversities of opinioneven among themselves.
- Players can be replaced to each point in arbitrary number.
Ultimate in Germany
in Germany gives it approx. 1.000 active players in approx. 50 associations or groups (frequent within the framework of theUniversity sport), which distribute themselves over completely Germany. Local one of emphasis are Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, the region Stuttgart, Cologne, Aachen and the Rhine Main area. In Austria it gives approx. 20 associations. World-wide there might be more than 100,000 player inside and players. Emphasis is here the USA and Canadawith far over 50.000 players (alone in the regions Seattle and Ottawa/Carleton in each case over 5.000) and Scandinavia.
German masters - outdoor - open division
German masters - outdoor - ladies
German masters - indoor - open division
GermansMaster - indoor Mixed (CO-OD)
Web on the left of
- world frisbee haven federation WFDF (World Flying disk Federation)
- Europ. - Frisbee haven federation EFDF (European Flying disk Federation)
- German frisbee haven federation registered association. (DFV)
- Swiss frisbee haven federation (SFSV)
- Austrian frisbee sport federation
- The Ultimate Handbook
- Ultimate on the left of
- Ultimate frisbee for juniorin Germany