the Hungarian kitchen owes its call above all to the well-known courts such as Gulasch (gulyás) or Paprikahuhn (csirkepaprikás) and products like the Esterhazytorte or the Hungarian salami for the standard repertoire of the international kitchen belong.
to table of contents
typical characteristics of the Hungarian kitchen
historical the Hungarian kitchen is based on the traditional rural kitchen (with its quite courts also aufwändigen in the production) and the Magnatenküche of the Hungarian high aristocracy, its own civil kitchen developed, as late in completely Eastern Europe, only relatively and only in beginnings. A set of products reflect the geographical and cultural variety of the country, which is coined/shaped by pasture attitude as well as fruit and vegetable growing culinarily. Hungary possesses since age ago high-quality areas of cultivation of wine with as well-known products as the Tokajer and good weissweinen from the area round around the Balaton (disk lake), which also for fishing is used, approximately for the Fogosch (fogos, thus Zander from the Balaton) the one popular food fish in Hungary is, is frittiert it or in the Fischgulasch.
Is still the large tradition of Hungary less admits in the range of the baking and sweet goods, for this tradition is located also the Café Gerbaud in Budapest with its over hundred-year tradition. Of it witness among other things the Palatschinken, Esterházytorte, Dobosschnitten, Gerbaudschnitten (Zserbó szelet) or Schomlauer Nockerln.
Paprika (fresh, when powder püriert or ) and sour cream (Tejföl) take a central role in the Hungarian kitchen, which serve a multiplicity at meals for peppering and tasting. The traditional cook equipment is the boiler (bogrács), usually made of copper. In it also today still many meals on open fire, about Kesselgulasch or fish soup are prepared. Sometimes in restaurants also the respective order in a small portion boiler is served. In 20. Jh. above all the cook Károly Gundel was style-coining/shaping for the Hungarian kitchen, many prescriptions goes on him back and this very day gives it the renowned restaurant in Budapest, which was designated after him.
The most important food designations read: Előételek (hors-d'oeuvres), Levesek (soups), Saláták (salads), Készételek (finished courts), Frissensültek (baked meals), Halételek or Halak (fish), Szárnyasok (poultry), Tészták (Teigwaren), Sütemények (Desserts), and Sajtok (cheese).
courts and products
meat and fish
- Gulasch (under gulyás the Hungarian ones understand however a “Gulaschsuppe”!)
- Bogracs Gulyás (the “prototype”, the Kesselgulasch)
- Pörkölt (the actual Gulasch) Halászlé (fish soup,
- in Hungary a “faith question”, pikante which version is the better), well-known in the German linguistic area
- Hurka (véres hurka: Blood sausage, májas hurka: Liver sausage, house-made specialities from the pig, hurka and kolbász together disznótoros mentioned)
- Fogosch (ung. “fogos”, Zander - basis of many courts)
- Libamáj (goose liver)
- Hortobágyer Palatschinken (filling on basis of Gulasch)
- Debreziner (from Debrecen) Bratwurst
- Debreceni töltött káposzta (Debreziner herb-wind, Kohlrouladen)
- Kabernossi (smoked Debreziner)
- Kolbász (pikante Paprikawürste)
- Korhely soup (Gulaschsuppe with sauerkraut)
- Pandúrrostbraten (see. Pandur, police or body servant of the noblemen)
- Paprikahuhn in the provisions bag rich of the man (after Károly Gundel)
- meat or fish after Kárpáthy kind (at the rust roasted with shrimp mushroom Ragout and Dille, after Károly Gundel)
supplements and various
- Bableves (bean soup)
- Lángos (Hefeteigfladen with garlic frittierte peppered, optionally with cheese and/or sour cream)
- Paprikapulver and Paprikacreme (e.g. Rosenpaprika)
- Sztrapacska (überbackene Teigwaren with cheese and carrots)
- Tarhonya (small Hungarian Teigware-als supplement or for soups, then also Csipetke mentioned)
- Lecsó (vegetable court from fresh Paprika, bulb and tomatoes)
- Túrós csusza fettucines with Grieben, Schmalz and sour cream. The sweet variant (túrós tészta) with dust sugar and sour cream is a popular child food. Fettucines in Hungary also often covered with cocoa powder verzehrt.
baking goods and Desserts
- Pogat (ung. “pogácsa”, small baking commodity with Grammeln and/or. Grieben)
- Dobosschnitten (layer cake with Karamellzuckerglasur)
- Eszterházy cake
- Lúdláb (“Gänsefuátorte), cake with much Schoko Buttercreme
- Rigó Jancsi piece of cake with Schoko Sahnecreme
- chicken leg noodles (frittiertes pastry with dust sugar)
- Gyümölcsleves, a fruit soup, often from cherries (Meggyleves) or raspberries (Málnaleves), sweet-sour Dessert, usually coldly
- Palatschinken (ung. “palacsinta”, pancakes/Omelett as sweet variant)
- Gundel palacsinta (with nut filling, from the famous Budapester restaurant “Gundel”)
- Meggyes palacsinta (with sour cherries)
- Rakott palacsinta (laminated with jam)
- Schomlauer Nockerln (from Somló) Biskuitenstücke with Rum, raisins, Schokososse, Nüssen and impact
- Ziegler of cheese valleys (Käsewaffeln)
- Mackó -, similarly the “La vache available in Germany qui guessed/advised to cheese (caper cheese”)
- Túró Rudi (sweet commodity: With chocolate of coated quark latch plates, alternatively nature or with fruit preparation)
- Erlauer red wine (ung. “Egri bikavér”, also “bull blood”) and the weisswein” Erlauer girl "
- Barackpálinka or briefly barack (Marillen, apricot liquor). The label name for the Hungaricum pálinka is protected and may be used only for high-quality Hungarian original products!
- Tokajer (ung. “Tokaji”, fruchtiger the ore wine)
- Zwack Unicum (Kräuterlikör, Digestif)
- beer: Arany Ászok, Kőbányai, turner, Soproni Ászok, Borsodi
- Theodora (mineral water)