United nation Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
|This article or section requires a revision. Details are indicated on the discussion side. Please to improve it and removes afterwards this marking helps.|
the United nation Educational, Scientific andCultural Organization (dt. Organization of the United Nations for education, science and culture ), briefly UNESCO, is one of the 16 legally independent UN special organizations and has their seat in Paris.
To the fields of application of the UNESCO the promotion of education belongs, Science, communication, information and culture. It possesses its own condition, to 16. November 1945 was adopted by 37 states in London and to 4. November 1946 after the ratification by 20 states into forcestepped. First general manager was Julian Huxley.
- A peace exclusively being based on political and economic agreements of governments knows the unanimous, continuing and sincere agreement of the peoplesdo not find to the world. Peace must be embodied - if it not to fail is - in the mental and moral solidarity of mankind.
Far one from the preamble of the condition of the UNESCO:
- Since wars in the spirit of humans develop, must alsothe peace in the spirit of humans to be embodied.
1982 became so mentioned with the UNESCO Weltkulturkonferenz Mondiacult in Mexico„extended culture term “fixed. The 126 participating states took thereby a conceptional development to the knowledge. It concerned to the elitären in the reason to replace education-civil culture term. Today the UNESCO counts 191 member states (conditions: April 2005).
Table of contents
in the range of the education uses itself the UNESCO particularly for a basic formation for all . In addition, the health education for drugs - and AIDS - prevention andthe reconstruction of the training system in disaster and crisis areas belong to the sphere of activity. In the scientific range the special organization promotes with priority intergovernmental co-operation with oceanography, hydrology, geology and environmental science, with the principal purpose of the receipt of the biological kinds and thatDrinking water resources. But not only the sciences themselves, but also their dangers and consequences for the future are important topics. Within the range „communication and information “argue the UNESCO with the problems of the information society. In addition it engages itself forthe Pressefreiheit and the information entrance, by mediating among other things in developing countries medium authority, journalists train and radio stations and/or. Press agencies develops. To the field of the UNESCO belongs besides the UNESCO Schulprojekt.
Two of the many further, at present (June 2005) current, priorities of the UNESCO are the development of a convention to the protection and for the promotion of the cultural variety as well as the control and the co-ordinationthe world decade of the United Nations education for lasting development (2005-2014).
since 1942 led the British educating Minister lord Butler in London discussions with colleagues from eight European governments-in-exile. A goal was the reconstruction of education and culture afterthe end of the Second World War in Europe. The Soviet Union refused expressly participating in the consultation. First bilateral contracts between the states involved were planned. After however the establishment of the United Nations was decided, the circle began in the spring 1944in order to develop Butler, a similar structure for education and culture under the roof of the later UN and with seat in London. A first draft for the Unesco condition dates on April 1944. Starting from this time also those took partThe USA at the consultation. The European participants hoped for US financial assistances for the time after the war. On American side one wanted to use the Unesco for the organization democratic Europe after the own plans.
Starting from April 1945 it cameConflicts between the new French government under Charles de Gaulle and the remaining participants of the consulting round. The French side wanted to make it, on the French revolution based culture understanding the example of the Unesco. As starting from November 1945 after a change of government upBritish side relatively inexperienced delegated ones at the consultation, interspersed the Frenchmen Paris participated as future seat of the Unesco. Contentwise starting from this time a larger weight came to the science and international scientific co-operation.
general managers thatUNESCO
- Julian Huxley, Great Britain (1946 - 1948)
- Jaime Torres Bodet, Mexico (1948 - 1952)
- John Wilkinson Taylor, the USA (acting 1952 - 1953)
- Luther Evans, the USA (1953 - 1958)
- Vittotino Veronese, Italy (1958 - 1961)
- René Maheu, France (1961 - 1974; acting 1962)
- Amadou Mahtar M'Bow, Senegal (1974 - 1987)
- Federico Mayor Zaragoza, Spain (1987 - 1999)
- Koïchiro Matsuura, Japan (1999 - today)
- portal United Nations
- list of the member states of the UNESCO
- world document inheritance
- lists of the world culture and world nature inheritance of mankind: Africa / America / Asia and Ozeanien / Europe
- internationally programsfor the development OF Communication (IPDC)
- international year of the Kleinstkredite
- of biosphere reservations
- world day of the poetry
Web on the left of
|Wikinews: UNESCO - current message|