University of potsdam
|University of potsdam|
|rector:||Univ. - Professor Dr. Wolfgang Loschelder|
|year of the foundation:||1991|
|studying||17,592 (WG 2005/06, inclusive Second, guest listener, preparatory course)|
|of it foreign studying:||1,648|
|address|| at the new palace 10
Table of contents
the University of potsdam resulted to 1991 from the union of the educational university “Karl dear farmhand “and the Brandenburgi national university. Since the university came out to large parts from the educational university, also today still another emphasis is on the teacher training.
- Legal faculty
- philosophical faculty
- human-scientific faculty
- economics and sociological faculty
- mathematical-scientific faculty
- the language center offers many languages alsodifferent fields with international accredited university certificate (university CERT) for studying all faculties to
with beginning of the winter semester 2005/2006 study 17,437 young people at the University of potsdam. Most studying are in the philosophical faculty, 31 per cent (5.335), and in thatMathematical-scientific faculty, 25 per cent (4.411), written. The portion of the women amounts to altogether 58 per cent. More than 1,600 foreigners complete a study to the Potsdamer Alma mould. 2,897 first-year university students (first specialized term) registered in this term. The “new ones”, evaluated after the place of the university access authorization, cometo 42 per cent from the new, to 12 per cent from the old Lands of the Federal Republic and to 32 per cent from Berlin. These acquired 14 per cent abroad. At the university potsdam gives it a surface covering number to Clausus. (see. Medium information No. 205/05 of 19. October 2005, http://www.uni-potsdam.de/pressmitt/pm205_05.htm )
some parts of the university are accommodated in historical buildings, which were taken up partly even to the world cultural heritage of the UNESCO. Thus Sanssouci, at the new palace, is for example the range library and in the parkhistorical Institut in a part that COMM us, as well as among other things Institut for mathematics in the former Marställen.
Also the history of the other locations, Babelsberg and Golm, is from historical interest. The oldest buildings of the Golmer of institutes became into the 1930er years for those“Air communications department commander in chief of the Air Force” built. After that 2. World war drew in here the legal university of the Ministry for public security of the GDR.
The today's legal faculty of the university is accommodated in the former Präsidial and administration building of the German red cross (1939/40) in Babelsberg/Griebnitzsee. Further lecture-rooms and buildingsinto the 1950er years behind the lock Babelsberg for the academy for state and right of the GDR were established directly.
at four locations has locations the University of potsdam:
- At the new palace: Philosophical faculty, Institut for mathematics and sport
- Golm: Human-scientific, mathematical-scientific faculty
- Babelsberg at the Griebnitzsee: Legal one, economics and sociological faculty, Institut for computer science, institute for hate OI rubber strip he
- park Babelsberg
- Görtemaker, Manfred (Hrsg.), the University of potsdam: History - buildings - environment, Berlin, 2001
Web on the left of
- Web operational readiness level of the University of potsdam
- University University of
- general studying committee (AStA) of the University of potsdam
- mathematics and physics trade association
- trade association computer science Wiki
- trade association linguistics Wiki
- LesBiSchwule university's group of the University of potsdam (QueerUP)