Branch of traffic
of branches of traffic (Verkehrsträger) are i. w. S. different development forms of traffic systems and i. e. S. Name for individual industries of the traffic and/or. public traffic. The industries result from grouping of transport enterprises according to typical criteria, like z. B.
- the operation of a typical market segment (traffic need),
- under use of typical means of transport,
- and typical operating and organization forms (management transporting enterprise technology) in typical forms of business organization (see. Transporting enterprise).
They must be involved in sufficient measure of the Modal Split, so that they are statistically detectable as industries (i. w. S. Massenhaftigkeit). There are qualitative and quantitative comparison and valuation criteria for branches of traffic, thus z. B. Mass efficiency, speed, net education ability, predictability, frequency of the transport service, security and ease of the process completion. As specialized industries within the traffic economy, whose business activity covers the production of generally accessible mobility achievements, branches of traffic are to be assigned in principle to public traffic. Branches of traffic can be divided after technical-technological Unterscheidungskriterienin system-oriented Verkehrsträger or after economical-economic distinction criteria into application orientated traffic services.
Table of contents
to A) system-oriented branches: Verkehrsträger
- inland waterway craft travel, coastal ship travel and sea-going vessel travel,
- land transport,
- aviation and space travel,
- (supraregional) line traffic (z. B. Rohrleitungstransport, transmission of energy in cables) including the communications technology and/or. Transmission technique,
- (container traffic combined traffic).
System-oriented branches of traffic offer transport near achievements on (again-German: Carrier services). In addition they operate different traffic systems, whereby each traffic system the different requirements of the customer and the traffic object to the transportation process regarding quality and quantity (z, which can be carried. B. Transportation speed, capacity, route, medium) is sufficient. The container traffic is a combination between system-oriented and serve-oriented branches. The communications technology is regarded frequently separately.
Even if the above mentioned. Verkehrsträger after the mainly used technical aids to be designated, then it concerns nevertheless an industry designation. With the term “Eisenbahnverkehr” and/or. briefly “railway” is thus not meant the sum of all locomotives, switches and Ste´llwerksgebäude, but transport enterprises, which use the technical aid “railway” (i.w.S., transact the quantity of all of the traffic market) to their achievement production.
b) application orientated branches: Traffic services/mobility services
- long-distance passenger traffic: Tourism/ tourism,
- local passenger traffic: Public local passenger traffic (ÖPNV),
- goods transport services goods traffic in local, regional and international relations,
- intelligence: Telecommunication system telecommunications (transmission of not material messages), z. B. Data carrier services, Providerdienste among other things
The serve-oriented branches avail themselves of the above mentioned. system-oriented branches, in order to offer the traffic services. Classically: The post office used and. A. the transportation of the railway (course post office) for the production of postal services. The branch intelligence is regarded frequently separately.
branch of traffic or Verkehrsträger?
In principle both terms can be used synonymously. Branch of traffic means a branch figurative within the industry (the industry) “transport and intelligence”, while Verkehrsträger means that industry, which furnishes a certain traffic capacity and thus the traffic arising of a national economy “carries”. There are nevertheless also different, very technically oriented explanations of the term “Verkehrsträger “, how becomes evident also in this on-line dictionary under same keyword.
branch of traffic or means of transport?
The means of transport are the whole of the stationary and mobile media, which the change of location of goods, persons and messages makes possible, like that z. B.
- Traffic infrastructure (way, station, offsites),
- vehicles and containers,
- stationarily or mobilely used personnel (worker),
- drive configuration and power supply (traction) as well as
- methods and mechanisms of the management and/or. Operational organization.
By means of transport one understands colloquially only the vehicles. (See. also keyword “means of transport “in this on-line dictionary under the appropriate keyword to find is.) from the definition becomes clear that there is an important difference between the terms to “branch of traffic”/“Verkehrsträger” and means of transport.