Administrative arrangement of Denmark
Furthereven if Greenland belongs and the Färöer to the Danish kingdom, have however an autonomous status and an own government. Both are however represented with in each case two seats in the Danish parliament.
The today's 13 office districts are:
Besides there are 3 municipalities, which form their own office district at the same time:
|Designation (number in the map)||administrative seat||Geogr. Situation|| of surface |
| inhabitants |
|fount cross-beam region municipality (16)||Rønne||island fount cross-beam||588||44,060||http://www.brk.dk/|
|Frederiksbergs municipality (2)||Frederiksberg||west sea-country||8.77||91,435||http://www.frederiksberg.dk/|
|Københavns municipality (1)||København||city of Copenhagen||88.25||501,285||http://www.kbhbase.kk.dk/|
starting from 1.January 2007 many municipalities are combined into larger units. In particular the number of the municipalities is to be reduced as well as be replaced the office districts by the following five regions:
- Region Nordjylland (north Jutland), consisting of Nordjyllands office and parts of Viborg office with administrative seat Aalborg,
- region Midtjylland (central Jutland), consisting of Ringkjøbing office, Århus office and parts of Viborg office and Vejle office with administrative seat Viborg,
- region Syddanmark (south Jutland and Fünen), consisting of Fyns office, would rub office and Sønderjyllands office as well as parts of Vejle office with administrative seat Vejle,
- region Hovedstaden (Copenhagen and environment inclusive Fount cross-beam), consisting of Københavns office and Frederiksborgs office as well as the municipalities København, Frederiksberg and Fount cross-beam with administrative seat Hillerød and
- region Sjælland (sea-country inclusive Lolland and Falster), consisting of Roskilde office, Storstrøms office and Vestsjællands office with administrative seat Sorø.
Web on the left of
under www.nordregio.se is a Scandinavian magazine alsoto find the title “Nordregio”. In the expenditure No. from the year 2005 an article is to be found to 2 to the new regional reorganization on district and district level in English language of John Jørgensen.