|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|surface:||32.23 km ²|
|inhabitants:||22.479 (31. December 2003)|
|Population density:||697 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||262 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:|| 42489|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 51° 17 ' n. Break, 7° 02 ' o. L.51° 17 ' n. Break, 7° 02 ' o. L.
|municipality key:||05 1 58 036|
|city arrangement:||6 local parts|
of the city administration:
| Goethe route 21|
|Bürgermeisterin:|| Barbara Lorenz all village|
since 2004 (non-party)
|debts:||15 millions € zzgl. 35 millions € Kassenkredite (approx. 2225 € for each inhabitants; Conditions: In the middle of 2005)|
Table of contents
the city are because of the Ausläufern of the Bergi country between Rhine, Ruhr and Wupper. The old local centre lies in a small valley, which by the river meadow brook is flowed through. At the slopes of the valley the newer local parts spread.
Wülfrath was one the first Rodungssiedlungen generally speaking earlymedieval realm forest. The borders became ina deed of donation emperor Heinrichs IV. of 16. October 1165 with the river courses Rhine, Ruhr and Düssel (Tussella) limited. The east border was the old elevator way of the “Kölni road” (strata colonensis). This ran from the Werdener Ruhr bridge over Velbert and Wülfrathalong the Düssel further toward Cologne. The center of the medieval village was a gentleman Mr. (Mollmershof), which was sold in connection with the rule hard mountain at the count von Berg. With the possession of the yard, to expandYard federation with many single yards belonged, in particular in the hone shanks hereditaryoh and to finery brook, was connected the right to determine the minister.
The village Wülfrath became toward end of the 11. Century as Wolverothe (= Rodung of the Ansiedlers named wolf) for the first time written ina Pergament of the pin mentions Kaiserswerth. The origins continue to be past much. On the basis of the legend around the settler wolf discharged by its kinship, which is to have gerodet in the place of the today's city center at that time plentifully existing forest,in order to establish itself there, the urban history to approximately into the year 713 can be pursued back.
At this time the first building of churches (a small, earlymedieval hall church with rectangle choir) in the place of the today's church square could have already confessed. There standssince that 11. Century a Roman church, in 15. Century by gothical elements was extended. Center 15. Century becomes it as pc. Corneliuskirche designates. Tower and northern side ship with partition wall to the central ship are Roman and probably outthat 12. Century. The central ship is gothical from that 14. Century. The southern church ship in lategothical style was completed according to Schlussstein 1524. The church is circularly converted with houses and business and center one in its unanimity uniquelybeautiful altbergischen church square. These houses mostly today still exist in the original state and stand under monument protection, others were again developed. Each of these houses had (and has also today still) beside the house number a name:Auf'm cellar (1678), Hamels (1678), Melanders (1678), OI of the Ley (about 1600 - developed 1911), Auf'm house (1678), large Klaus (1686 - rebuilt 1964), small Klaus (1678), Scholle (1678), Hinter'm tower (1678), Jostenhaus (about 1738 build), Hechtsteinhaus (1678), OI de Trapp (1678) and Leonhards (rebuilt 1955).
875 becomes hone shanks and today's quarters the Flandersbach (Flatmarasbeki = the brook, at which Flattmar established itself) and Rützkausen (Hrotsteninghuson = with the houses of the kinship of the Hrotsen) in the description of the tenth district of the monastery at thatRuhr genannt. 1256 become the catholic church pc. Maximin in Düssel (Dussela) mentioned, but leave themselves the oldest parts of the Roman Pfeilerbasilika into early 12. Century date. Around the year 1100 is finally for the first time the place name Wülfrath (Wolverothe) in a Pergament of the pin Kaiserswerth written by monk hand.
Already for the year 1265 leaves itself on the basis the tax and interest registers forge testify. The property finery brook]] in the Wülfrather of the same name hone shank is in the year 1392 inPossession of the German knight medal. It became the upper yard for the strewing possession of the medal, in which annually also the yard court was held.
1578 came it in the village to a major fire, that the settlement into ash put and the roofwith the polygonal spire of the church in flames to come up left. In order to help the heavily damaged inhabitants, issued the national prince, duke Johann William IV. of Jülich Kleve mountain, in the year 1579 a market letter of which its “Dorff and Kirspel Wulfrod” of four free fairslent. But this fire was forgotten, the village exactly one hundred years later again by a major fire was devastated hardly. The entire local centre over 70 houses was also transformed into a rubble field.
After the transition of the duchy mountain 1806 to thoseFrenchmen and proclaiming of the Grand Duchy of mountain 1808 from the hone shanks were formed hereditaryoh, for finery brook, Obschwarzbach, Niederschwarzbach (before all office Metz man), Flandersbach, Rützkausen (before office meadow mouth) and Oberdüssel (before rule Schöller) the Munizipalität (Mairie) Wülfrath. 1809 becameObschwarzbach and Niederschwarzbach Metz man attached. But the hone shank Unterdüssel with the village Düssel came to Wülfrath.
To the wars of liberation the place - as part of the newly formed Rhine province - came 1815 to Prussia. By regulation Wülfrath became 1827 the agency in Conditions of the cities in the Rheini Provinziallandtag appoint. 1856 received it by the award of the city order for the Rhine province finally full municipal rights.
In the year 2001 a part of the historical old part of town became robbery of the flames. At the nightto 21. January broke a fire off, which three old half timbered houses fell to the victim in the core of the old part of town. The completely destroyed houses had to be torn off and meanwhile by modern new buildings were replaced.
- Evangelist church municipality Düssel free one
- reformed Evangelist churches
- Evangelist ev. Municipalities
- catholic church municipality pc. Joseph, city center
- catholic church municipality pc. Maximin, Düssel
- catholic church municipality pc. Petrus Canisius, Rohdenhaus
further churches and religious communities
- Neuapostoli church
- a witness Jehovas
- Islamic association Wülfrath
- to 15. September 2003 was handed over with a ceremony by President of the Bundestag Wolfgang Thierse the again built mosque for the Muslim municipality of their regulation. The inauguration happened in presence of members of the Islamic association,Representatives of the city Wülfrath and a member of the parliament in Ankara. The new mosque developed from a former factory building and serves with a surface of 400 m ² for the gläubigen Muslims as center of the faith and the culture. Itfrom own financial means the Turkish inhabitant living in Wülfrath was established. The city Wülfrath had supported the project as contribution for integration.
the local reorganisation in the year 1975 gave to the city a large areaand population loss. The number of inhabitants sank over over 5.000. Parts of a territory of the upper Flandersbach had to be delivered after Velbert, parts of a territory of the Düsseler height and Hahnenfurth as well as the local part Dornap to Wuppertal.
| population to 31.12.|
see table on the right side.
- Source: National office for data processingand statistics (LDS North-Rhine/Westphalia)
|composition of the advice (of 36 seats)|
|a party||of 1999||seats||of 2004||seats|
|Christian democratic union (CDU)||44.9%||16||39.4%||14|
|a social-democratic party of Germany (SPD)||32.4%||12||27.1%||10|
|democratic left Wülfrath (DLW) (former DKP)||10.9%||4||16.8%||6|
|alliance the Green/Wülfrather voter community (the Green /WWG)||6.5%||2||9.1%||a 3|
|free democratic party (FDP)||5.3%||2||7.5%||3|
the non-party BarbaraLorenz Allendorff became to 27. July 1955 in brown situation born, buildup in Aachen and married 1985 Otto Allendorff. It was from 1996 to 2004 a chief of the video home system purpose federation Mettmann Wülfrath. She was nominated by the CDU, by the Grünen/WWG received her oneChoice recommendation.
With the local elections in September 2004 Barbara Lorenz Allendorff with a majority was selected from 58,1% to the new full-time Bürgermeisterin. Its predecessor Ulrich hurry-broken did not begin no more for personal reasons to the choice.
- to 1995 to 2004, Ulrich hurry-break
- 2004 todato, Barbara Lorenz Allendorff
the Wülfrather Stadtwappen, which developed after 1840 from an old Kirchsiegel of the Evangelist-reformed church municipality, became by the Düsseldorfer Heraldiker and painter Wolfgang Pagenstecher in the year 1938 againarranged and by the upper president of the Rhine province officially recognition. It shows a Hirten, who pushes it attacking wolf its putting (staff) into the throat. This representation is to symbolize on the one hand the victory of the good one over the bad and on the other handon that develop the local centre refer. To the settler wolf, by which that he is the founder of the city, reminds it is accepted however hardly.
the city Wülfrath maintains the following partnerships:
of the moreover took over the city Wülfrath the following sponsorship:
- Army music corps 7, since 24. October 2000
Wülfrath possesses a historical church square worth seeingand a just as beautiful old part of town with pedestrian precinct. The populated area “Düsseler gate” with kindergarten in the stylistic idiom peace realm of hundred-one hundred should stand exactly the same on an inspection route like the nature experience quarry Schlupkothen with lehr and experience path (EUROGA 2002 plus) and the wheel movingand art way (EUROGA 2002 plus).
- choir community German singers Wülfrath
- Kirchenchor of the Evangelist municipality Düssel
- MGV singer circle Wülfrath registered association.
- Young Voices - young choir of the choir community German singers Wülfrath
- German amateur radios club e. V. Local federation Wülfrath R29
- THW youth local federation Heiligenhaus Wülfrath
- desire note e. V.
- German red cross Wülfrath registered association. - German Red Cross Wülfrath 
- of five bread and twoBand
- Kalkstädter Wülfrath fishes 1954 registered association.
- Choke registered association. - Wülfrather rock musician community 
- Bounce www.bonjovitribute.de
- Cold door key
- in Vain www.invainrockt.de
- Karl steel
- Kermit www.kermit-rockt.de
- of dear-dead
- shade player
- The Limetowners
- team Noble
of culture associations
- Islamic association Wülfrath registered association.
- Theatre Minestrone
- lime city fool Rohdenhaus Flandersbach registered association. 1984
- 1. Fiber plastic Wülfrath 1927 registered association.
- DLRG OG Wülfrath registered association.
- Ice stick club Wülfrath registered association.
- Fire of wolves Wülfrath
- Kartsport club Wülfrath registered association. in the General German Automobile Association
- engine sport club Wülfrath registered association. inGeneral German Automobile Association (MSC)
- rider association property Voisberg registered association.
- Schalke fan club Wülfrath 89 registered association.
- Ship's model haven club registered association (SMC)
- shooting friends Wülfrath 1963 registered association.
- Shooting friends “at the impact tree” registered association. Wülfrath
- contactor association Wülfrath 1929 registered association.
- Dip sport club Wülfrath registered association.
- Tennis club Ford Wülfrath registered association.
- Tennis association blue white registered association.
- Turnerbund Wülfrath 1891 registered association.
other ones associations
- federation of the reservists of the German German Federal Armed Forces registered association. Reservist comrade shank Wülfrath Mettmann
- Niederbergi museum, mountain route of 22-24 (concluded from financial reasons)
- time tunnels Wülfrath, hammer stone 5
- each Saturday of 7-12Clock weekly market also over 50 Beschickern on the parking lot “at the Diek”
- rose on Mondays course of the “lime city fools “
- annual summer celebration of the allotment plant “Erbacher mountain”
- contactor celebration with Kirmes (usually on the second September weekend)
- annual city celebration, mentioned “potato celebration”; in the September
- of annual Weihnachtsmarkt on thatChurch square, mentioned “duke William market” (beginning on Friday before that 1. Advent)
up to the center 19. Century more than 100 handels and industrial concerns had established themselves. It concerned here largerHouse enterprises - mostly home weaving mills. After 1850 the first larger enterprises with steam strength were created. Despite the strong industrialization at that time the agricultural character was not lost completely. Today only isolated agricultural enterprises exist. Coining/shaping for Wülfrath the establishment was that Rheinisch Westfäli lime burning plants Dornap in the year 1887 and the Rheini limestone works Wülfrath in the year 1903. Until today these works are the emphasis of the Wülfrather industry (largest Kalksteinbrüche of Europe). Besides there were still numerous weaving mills, finishing of leather enterprises, a branch of the Ford works Cologne, that from that 1889 created body works Josef elevation Mueller sons came out and also today still existed (Visteon) and many small firms.
See also: Rhine lime, Lhoist group
- Ev. Hospital „Herminghaus pin “GmbH
- primary school Ellenbeek
- Primary school lime tree school 
- primary school Rohdenhaus
- primary school park school
- hauptschule Wolverothe
- Theodor Heuss six-form high school
- urban High School 
- school for learn-obstructed
- people's highschool Mettmann Wülfrath
Dorothea Walda, actress
- Ulrich Bauckhage: For example: Wülfrath 1919-1949 - A German townon the way by the national socialism. FROHN publishing house, ISBN 3-8857-8108-5
- Jutta de Jong: Wülfrath: An excursion around the turn of the century. Violonist pressure GmbH, ISBN 3-8926-4836-0
- Julius Imig: Wülfrath. Henn, 1962
- Wolfgang Heinrichs and Hartmut Nolte: Wülfrath. Suez clay/tone publishing house, September 2000, ISBN 3-8970-2240-0
- Willi Münch: Wülfrath. 1979, ISBN 3-7927-0491-9
- refuge G. Huts: Wülfrath from the Nähkörbchen. With the indication feather/spring and contemporary quotations from the history of an old city tells. 1976, ISBN 3-9219-8634-6
- Briefly Wesoly: City Atlas Wülfrath, Hg. v. Office for rheinische regional studies. Cologne 1996, Rhine land publishing house, ISBN 3-7927-1567-8
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of the city Wülfrath
- German red cross Wülfrath - German Red Cross Wülfrath
- homepage von blue white Wülfrath