a Wahlspruch is a slogan, which gives itself a group of Gleichgesinnter, a person or an organization, which the goal and is intended to clarify the requirement. Such slogans are expressed usually not, like slogans, orally and originate either from long traditions or butfrom crucial events, like from a civil war or a revolution.
Wahlsprüche are often a component of most diverse coats of arms. They are usually located in the coat of arms under the coat of arms sign. This placement originates from that The Middle Ages, in which the large majority of all noble ones had a coat of arms and a Wahlspruch.
In the today's time many states have a Wahlspruch.
Table of contents
Wahlsprüche of persons or combinations
- that!, lat. I wag's - Wahlspruch Eberhard in the beard
- thatConventional honour and attention - Wahlspruch of the Urburschenschaft to 1816
- warheyt is untödtlich! - Balthasar Hubmaier, täuferischer Reformator
- Dios, Patria, Fueros, Rey Spanish: “God, native country, right of self-determination, king” - Wahlspruch of the Spanish Carlists
- liberty, honour, native country! - burschenschaftlicher Wahlspruch
- henos panta, Greek:“By [Jesus Christ] an all” (Philipper 4.13) - Wahlspruch of the vienna gulf
- Dieu et mon Droit, French: “God and my right” - slogan of the British king house
- freshness, piously, merrily, freely! - Wahlspruch of the national oriented turn movement
- freshness, piously, merrily, free church! - Wahlspruch of the Evangelist-freechurch municipalities
- Gene una sumus, latenisch: “We are essentially a family” - Wahlspruch
- of the FIDE Mr. you leitetst me after your Rath - Wahlspruch of the Jauch, under it Günther
- Jauch unit, in insignificant liberty, over everything the love. - Wahlspruch of the Evangelist alliance
- in necessariisunitas, in dubiis libertas, in bus caritas - Wahlspruch of the Cartellverband of the catholic German student connections and federation of the scientific catholic student associations Unitas
- into trinitate robur, Latin: “In the Dreifaltigkeit lies the strength.” - Wahlspruch Otto von Bismarck
- of each Baptist a Missionar! - Wahlspruch Johann Gerhard Onckens
- Noblesse is incumbent on French: “Aristocracy obligates “- Wahlspruch of the dukes of Lévis
- Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini tuo there gloriam, Latin: Us, o gentleman, not us, no, your name do not give to honour - Wahlspruch that Militia Templi
- Peace through understanding - general Dwight D. Eisenhower; also a component of its coat of arms
- Tuitio fidei et obsequium pauperum, Latin: “Testifying the faith and assistance the needy one” - Wahlspruch of the Malteserordens.
- Expect large of God and undertake large for God! - Wahlspruch William Careys and the Baptist Missionary Society “Ad created
- by it huc stat”, Latin: “Still it” stands - personal Wahlspruch Friedrich of the beautiful
- Semper Fidelis in the context Semper Fi Latin: Eternal loyalty - slogan of the United States navy Corps
- Viribus unitis (lat.) too dt.: Withunited forces - Wahlspruch of emperor Franz Joseph I.
Wahlsprüche of bishops
traditional select themselves bishops of the catholic church from cause of its consecration a Wahlspruch, which clarifies the program of their bishop office. This is contained in their respective coat of arms. Becomes a bishop Pope selected, he does not select a new Wahlspruch. For some centuries their Wahlsprüche find however no more place in the coats of arms of the Popes, whereby with the göttlichen virtues (faith, hope and love) it agrees upon their openness for all Wahlsprüchen is underlined.
- Totus tuus (lat. Completely yours) - Wahlspruch Johannes Pauls II. (ehem. Krakau)
- Cooperatores veritatis (lat. Coworker of the truth) - Wahlspruch Benedikts XVI. (ehem. Munich-freesing)
- State into fide (lat. Stands firmly in the faith) - Wahlspruch Karl cardinal Lehmann (Mainz)
- Spes nostra company est per nobis (lat. My hope for you is firmly) - Wahlspruch of Joachim cardinal Meissner (Cologne)
- Dominus Iesus (lat. Jesus is the gentleman) - Wahlspruch of bishop Gerhard Ludwig Mueller (Regensburg)
- Deus Semper Maior (lat. God is ever more largely) - Wahlspruch of George cardinalSterzinsky (Berlin)
Wahlsprüche of modern national states
- agreement and right and liberty - Wahlspruch of the Federal Republic of Germany
- E pluribus unum , latenisch: from many a whole - Wahlspruch of the USA , since 1956 also in God incoming goods Trust , English: We trust God
- YurttaSulh, Cihanda Sulh, Turkishly: “Peace in the homeland, peace in the world” - Wahlspruch of Turkey
- Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!, French: “Liberty, equality, fraternity!” - Wahlspruch of the French revolution of 1789 and the Republic of France
- Samo sloga Srbina spašava, Serbian: “Only the agreementto the Serbs " - Wahlspruch of the republic saves Serbia
- plus Ultra, latenisch: “Beyond that” - Wahlspruch of Spain
- Satyameva Jayate, Sanskrit: “Alone the truth triumphs” - Wahlspruch of India
- L'union fait le force, French: “Agreement makes” - Wahlspruch of Belgium Elefthería
- strong í thánatos/for Ελευθερίαή Θάνατος, Greek: “Liberty or death” - Wahlspruch of Greece
- Ordem e Progresso, Portuguese: “Order and progress” - Wahlspruch of Brazil
- EN Unión y Libertad, Spanish: “In agreement and liberty” - Wahlspruch of Argentina
- Por la Razón o la fuerza, Spanish: “By reason orKraft " - Wahlspruch of Chile
- Libertad y medal, Spanish: “Liberty and order” - Wahlspruch of Peru
- La unión it la fuerza, Spanish: “The unit is English the strength” - Wahlspruch
- of Bolivia One People, One nation, One Destiny: “A people, a nation, a fate” -Wahlspruch of Guyana
- me wëlle bleiwe wade to me sense, of Luxembourg: “We want to remain, what we are” - Wahlspruch of Luxembourg
- Deo Juvante, latenisch: “With God assistance” - Wahlspruch of Monaco
- for each Maintiendrai, French: “I will persist” - to Wahlspruch of the Netherlands
Wahlsprüche ofCities and countries
- UP ewich ungedeelt, “on eternally undivided” - Wahlspruch of Schleswig-Holstein
- dear ore breath quam perperere maiores, digne studeat servare posteritas (“the liberty, which the old persons acquired, may keep future generations worthy. ”) - Wahlspruch of the city Hamburg
- Buten un within - dare un winnen, “outside (= outside of Bremen) and inside - dare and win” - slogan that of Bremen Kaufmannschaft
- only balance, then dare! - Wahlspruch of the city Oldenburg (Oldenburg), attached at its old city hall
- fear lot and faithfully! - Wahlspruch Württembergs
- strong in the right! - Wahlspruch of the city Frankfurt/Main
- Champagnerluft and tradition - Wahlspruch of the city bath Homburg before the height
- Vienna is different! - Wahlspruch of the city Vienna
- values and change - Wahlspruch of Coburg
- Concordia res parvae crescunt (“by unity small things” grow) - Wahlspruch of the city Emden sincethe early modern times, attached at the Emder city hall
of Wahlsprüche of medal (medal foreign exchange)
- Honi qui times y pense - foreign exchange of the English trousers volume medal Suum
- cuique soit, lat. Everyone the Seine (is meant: Each justice assign become) - foreign exchange of the black eagle medal.
- Since the medal the eve of the establishment of state was donated should thereby as it were the State of Prussia von Anbeginn under this slogan is placed, when state in that prevails to justice.
- “Suum cuique “appears already with Cato and Cicero.
- Sincere et more constanter (lat.; dt.:“honestly and steadily”) - foreign exchange of the red eagle medal
- Nihil sine deo (lat.; dt.: “Nothing without God”) - foreign exchange of the Fürstlichen of house medal of Hohenzollern.
- From the rock to the sea - foreign exchange of the royal house medal of Hohenzollern.
- Suum cuique, lat. Everyone thatIts - with Cato and Cicero see; später Devise des Schwarzen Adler-Ordens (-> occupied above). From there taken over as Wahlspruch of the field hunters.
- In the German translation and his meaning by-animal-end heading over the entrance of the KZ beech forest.