a rolling mill is a business premises, in by rollers the products made of steel or non-ferrous metals such as z. B. Sheet metals and volumes, pipes, staffs, or t carrierare manufactured. Rolling follows prototypes . Output products are ingots, slabs, blocks or clubs. The products are semi-finished material for the following processes.
organization according to the condition of the material
- when hot-rolling becomes the starting material first on oneTemperature over the recrystallisation temperature warms up (note: The recrystallisation temperature can be also lower than 20°C). Then it is passed through between pairs of rollers, which bring it in the desired size and form.
- When cold-rolling the workpiece is transformed below the recrystallisation temperature.
organization according to the product
except after the material condition rolling mills are designated after the manufactured product:
- Long products are products, whose length is very much larger than the thickness and width. Rolling mills for long products can be:
- Wire rolling mills, in which products are manufactured, thosein federations to be aufgehaspelt.
- Carrier and/or. Structural steel rolling mill, whose products before the dispatch in transportation lengths are cut (the z. B. for rails quite 120m amounted to can).
- Pipe rolling mills.
- Broad flat products differ from the long products by the fact that those is very much larger width than the thickness. Itdivided into:
- Band rolling mills (processes: Hot-rolling or cold-rolling),
- and in sheet mills .