Coat of arms
|This article or paragraph represents only the situation in Germany . Help to describe the situation in other countries.|
- a municipality (municipality coat of arms) or
- a city (Stadtwappen),
- a district,
- a Land of the Federal Republic
- a canton or
- a country (Landeswappen).
The rules for the description and organization of coats of arms, your origin and meaning are described in the historical subsidiary science of the heraldry (coat of arms customer).
To table of contents
the coats of arms are in their classical medieval form in the first half 12. Century, which time of the crusades - thus in connection with the occurrence of large knight army developed.
In the knight armies one could because of the armament any longer between friend and enemy do not differentiate clearly. Thus one became coloured marking on the shields or flags necessarily. Contrasting colors were set against each other, in order to increase the recognizability also from the distance. The heraldry speakshere of the contrast of colors (red, black, blue, green) and metals (knows (described as silver) and yellow (gold)).
The word “coat of arms” (medium high-German wâpen) is identical in its origin to the word“Weapons”. The meaning change of wâpen=Waffen too wâpen= badges on the weapons carried out itself already in 12 the century. To mounting sign and helmet were particularly suitable. They become therefore the main parts of the coats of arms.
in the Wappenbeschreibung(Blasonierung) the appearance of the coat of arms is determined, and can thereupon in different way to be represented. When national emblems serve, deviating from it, but i.d.R. determined representation sample.
In the representation of a coat of arms only the colors become red, blue, green and blackas well as the metals gold (yellow) and used, on their contrast the action at a distance of a coat of arms is based to silver (knows). To the recognizability on distance also the partly substantial wording of the figures contributes. At these representational forms historical coats of arms can be arranged temporally.
Usuallythere is a developing history, which explains for the emergence of the individual coats of arms, why a fabulous creature, a coat of arms animal, a symbol or a certain color were selected. Frequently it acts thereby all the talking coats of arms mentioned, their contents of the nameto clarify tries.
Only descendants of an entitled carrier of this coat of arms may carry the coat of arms of a family, who in direct, male line from this to descend. As proof of the authorization for the guidance of a certain coat of arms it should be registered in a coat of arms role.There is however no central coat of arms role, in which all coats of arms are registered.
The coat of arms is historically directly connected with the name of a family. Therefore finds § the 12 BGB (right of the use of a name - protection of the name) because of the similar application of the regulationby the iurisdiction also in the coat of arms right entrance. Each guidance-entitled carrier of a family coat of arms can forbid the continuation to everyone, which is not guidance-entitled. Guidance it is who can prove that he of the master father - whom the coat of arms founder designated - descends. ToRight security should therefore each coat of arms founder into one of the coat of arms roles register let its coat of arms.
„a heraldische imitation is present, if despite modification of the coat of arms, characteristic, emblem etc., the mark the character „of the representation of a coat of arms, characteristic, emblemetc. “exhibits and by traffic as such is understood “(see Beck' comment to the trademark law, Dr. Karl-Heinz Fezer, Munich 1999, kind. 6ter PVÜ, RdNr.: 4) (Source:To HABM, 18.2.2002)
- heraldry, genealogy, descent, To family tree, student coat of arms, sign, sign head, coat of arms picture, coat of arms book, coat of arms sign, coat of arms saying, coat of arms animal, Wappenzeichen, Zimier, Heraldi association, German coat of arms role
- for the legal side of the use of strange coats of arms see also Wikipedia: Coat of arms, official coat of arms and coat of arms statute
- Ottfried Neubecker, large coat of arms picture encyclopedia, the civil sexes of Germany, Austria and Switzerland., Munich: Battery mountain publishing house, 1985, ISBN 3-87045-906-9
- Václav Vok Filip, introduction to the heraldry, Stuttgart: Steiner, 2000, ISBN 3-515-07559-3
- Adolf Matthias Hildebrandt (Begr.), Ludwig Biewer (treatment), coat of arms booklet: Manual of the heraldry, hrsg. from the Herold, association for heraldry, genealogy and used sciences., 19. , verb. and erw. Aufl., treatment. in the Auftr. the Herolds committee of the German coat of arms role of LudwigBiewer, new city to the Aisch: Degener, 1998, ISBN 3-7686-7014-7
- Birgit Laitenberger, Maria Bassier, Wappen and Flaggen of the Federal Republic of Germany and its countries: general introduction to the state symbolism including hymns, celebration and anniversaries, Cologne (among other things): Heymann, 2000, ISBN 3-452-24262-5
- Gert Oswald, encyclopedia of the heraldry, Mannheim: Bibliographic Institut, 1984, ISBN 3-411-02149-7
- Johann Siebmacher (Begr.), refuge Appuhn (Hrsg.) Johann Siebmachers coat of arms book of 1605, Munich: Orbis OD., 1999, ISBN 3-572-10050-X
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Coat of arms -Word origin, synonyms and translations|
- international archives of city and municipality coats of arms (English). The most extensive collection of public coats of arms
- extensive collection of local coats of arms
- public coats of arms and other symbols in Austria
- a junction about coat of arms customer
- introduction to the coat of arms customer
- nearly all German Lands of the Federal Republicgraphically easily modified country Logos puts or a country Signet at the disposal (link list)
- largest coat of arms collection of municipalities and regional administrative bodies from all world (English)
- to rules of the heraldry in concise summary, coat of arms collection Mittelrhein Mosel area
- graphic exquisite French side with thousands and thousands coat of arms representations in the modular structure, geographicallyIndex, name index and above all many outstanding graphically regenerated medieval coat of arms roles
- an English heraldry side, which contains above all English and French coat of arms roles of the Middle Ages in good graphic processing