It created to 1984 also the hacker magazine of the CCC also, which of data centrifuge, which itself with the possibilities of global information network works and fast computer busy contained, and in the initial years frequently connection diagrams for built modems. The telecommunication installation law at that timeit required that modems needed a permission of the national communication monopolist at that time the Federal Post Office - in the case of doubt this permission only the slow and not the international standard was given to appropriate modems, which rented or sold the Federal Postal Administration at extremely high prices.Cheaper high-speed modems, how they were usual for example in the USA at that time long, were forbidden. „Attaching a self's building modem hard punished as negligent releasing of an atomic explosion “, as Wau Holland expressed it in the review.
Not least by of Holland constantWork with and for the club acquired the CCC admittingness and acknowledgment. It held lectures on information supervision in the government surrounding field and in the private sector and fought against copy protection, all forms of censorship and for an open information infrastructure. The censorship requirements of someIt compared governments with the behavior of the catholic church in the Middle Ages, and it regarded copy protection mechanisms as product error. In its last years he spent much time in a youth centre, where he children with his incomparable style and intelligent humorboth the technical and the ethical side of chopping near-brought.
With in September 2003 as non-profit recognized Wau Holland donation (WHS) is the life's work of their the 2001 deceased name giver by suitable archivarische dressing of the public to be made available and possibilities created of bringing these thoughts into the practice and of resuming projects.
- Daniel Kulla: The cliche examiner. Scenes from the lifeof Wau Holland, joint founder of the chaos computer club, Löhrbach 2003, ISBN of 3922708250
- on-line articles: Wau Holland - the death of a hacker
Web on the left of
|Wikiquote: Wau Holland - quotations|
| | * Literature of and over WauHolland in the catalog of the DDB
- http://www.wau-holland-stiftung.de/ - the Wau Holland donation places itself before
- http://www.wauland.de/ - a web page to the memory at Wau Holland
- http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/te/9195/1.html - Telepolis article
- http://www.heise.de/ct/99/23/046/ - interview with Wau Holland
- http://www.systemausfall.de/phasenpruefer.rtf - WauBuch - “the cliche examiner”, rtf format
- http://www.gruenekraft.com/permalink:gz241.html - “the cliche examiner” - publishing house Werner Pieper and the the Greens Kraft
- lecture “language, service and culture of the Internet”, 1998 (MP3)
- lecture “history of the CCC and chop ore around in Germany”, 1998 (MP3)
- video “complexity & management- A contribution to “Hamburg dialogue” in the Congress Centrum Hamburg”, 2000 (MP4 (MPEG-4 H.264 video))
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||Holland Moritz, Herwart|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German journalist and computer activist (hacker)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20. December 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|
|DYING DATE||29. July 2001|