White cutting valley course
the white cutting valley course is the second Saxonian narrow-gauge railway and the serve-oldest public narrow-gauge railway of Germany. The one fields mine course (750 mm of track width) of course in former times, i.e. already became to 15. November 1880, opens, however it concerned thereby around a not public, but a pure mine course; to that extent the designation is correct as the serve-oldest public course for the white cutting valley course.
The distance leads Kipsdorf in the east ore mountains from free valley with Dresden until by the valley of the red ones white-cuts with the landschaftlich very beautiful Rabenauer reason and passes the dam Malter . The course is operated until today exclusively with steam engines.
Table of contents
the building began 1881. The first distance section became at the 1. November 1882 first to forging mountain opens. Since that 3. September 1883 is posed the course up to the today's terminator point Kipsdorf. The track width amounts to 750 mm, like those of most Saxonian narrow-gauge railways. 1912 were more highly put a part of the distance, in order to make the building possible of the dam Malter. Once important goods feeder for the industrial companies which were because of the distance, since 1994 persons are only carried. The still existing trucks are only used for special travels.
To 14. September 2004 took place the delivery of the course to the transporting enterprises ore mountains GmbH (BVO), whatever already operates the Fichtelbergbahn and the Lössnitzgrundbahn.
destruction in August 2002
the course is after a century flood in the August 2002, at which it was heavily damaged on several sections of the distance, still out of operation (2005). In the meantime by donations by railway friends two sections were again developed, on which there are special travels.
The damage becomes estimated on approximately 20 million euro, from which the federation and the Free State Saxonia want to carry ever half. The complete reconstruction is planned. The first cut of the spade in addition took place to 14. September 2004, 5 days before the election of the federal parliament 2004 in Saxonia.
A typical case of electoral fraud, because to this date was announced to develop the course to at the end of of 2005 again. But since that in the Rabenauer reason, apart from some few clearing up work, no work was accomplished to the reconstruction (conditions October 2005). To 5. July 2005 is called a press release by the BVO course GmbH given change into as new completion date the year 2007.
There were similar devastations as in the year 2002 already once after a flood in the July 1897, with which all bridges (40) were destroyed.
Before the tide the white cutting valley course carried annually approximately 200,000 passengers.
- track width: 750 mm
- route distance: 26.3 km
- difference in height: 350 m
- min. Elbow radius: 50 m
- max. Upward gradient: 1:40 or 1:28,8 (different instructions)
- stations/critical points: 13
- bridges: distance process
Saxonia Franconia Magistrale) on 184 m begins 34 [ work on] and in free valley - shark LG0 suppl. with km -0.1 at the station of the rule trace course Dresden -. NN. Further critical points of the distance are:
- 1.6 km free valley Cossmannsdorf 192 m and. NN
- 5.3 km Rabenau 249 m and. NN
- 6.7 km woodpecker-cut 274 m and. NN
- 8.7 km Seifersdorf 301 m and. NN
- 10.8 km Malter 335 m and. NN at the dam Malter
- 14.8 km Dippoldiswalde 343 m and. NN
- 17.3 km Ulberndorf 374 m and. NN
- 18.8 km Obercarsdorf 390 m and. NN
- 20.7 km forging mountain - Naundorf 410 m and. NN
- 22.1 km forging mountain 441 m and. NN
- 23.3 km shrub mill 463 m and. NN
- 26.1 km health resort Kipsdorf 533 m and. NN
Web on the left of
- Internet presentation of the industrial union white cutting valley course registered association.
- This side contains a layout plan of the distance
- report from the cut of the spade to the reconstruction to 14.09.2004
- press release of the BVO course GmbH to the reconstruction of