Weihenstephan is a quarter of freesings. It lies on the mountain of the same name in the west of the city.
Weihenstephan was first a Benediktinerabtei with the holy Stephan geweihten church. Also the oldest still existing brewery was created there 1040. In the course of the secularization the monastery was dissolved 1803.
in addition insists the Bavarian state State of Weihenstephan and the research center Weihenstephan on the Weihenstephaner mountain further for brewing and food quality (formerly national brew-technical test and laboratory). Those formerly “national dairy Weihenstephan " was denationalized and rules in the meantime no longer in Weihenstephan to separate itself at the city boundary of freesings.
Famous Weihenstephaner professors:
- Professor. Theodor whole Mueller
- Professor. Dr. Ludwig narcissus
- Professor. Dr. Heinz Gerhard Kessler
- Professor. Dr. Helmut Vogel
- Professor. Dr. Smelling pool of broadcasting corporations brown-refines
- Professor. Dr. Werner bake