Westfäli William university
| Westfäli William university Münster (WWU) |
University OF Münster
|Rector||Professor. Dr. Jürgen Schmidt|
|Kanzlerin||Dr. Bettina Böhm|
|Gründungsdatum||16. April 1780|
|number of academic subjects||over 130|
|number of studying|| scarcely 40,000 (SS 2006) |
- woman portion: 53%
|number of coworkers|| 5,000 (without auxiliary workers) |
- Professors (without clinical center): 600
|conclusions (annual)|| over 4.500 (year 2005) |
- Bachelor OF kind: unknown
|building||285 (240,000 m ² effective area)|
|working group||Internet appearance|
the Westfäli William university ( short WWU) in Münster is public with 38.285 studying (provisional conditions: Summer semester 2006) and approximately 130 different academic subjects in 15 different specialist areas (conditions 2006) one of the largest German universities. Their name giver is emperorWilliam II., the administration is in the münsterschen lock.
with scarcely 40,000 students (conditions summer semesters 2006) is the Westfäli William university one of the largest universities of Germany andalso with over 4.500 the conclusions per year (conditions 2005) the WWU lies in the top group.
The Westfäli William university is not Campus - University of, its 285 buildings distribute themselves rather over the entire münstersche city. There further universities still sieve it beside the Westfäli William university inMünster gives, is considered the city as extremely student coined/shaped. An expanded university quarter is here the range between Hindenburgplatz, where the specialist area biology is to be essentially found, and cathedral place, where among other things main lecture hall building, the Juridicum (specialist areas law and economic science) as well as the specialist areasEducating science and social sciences, history/philosophy and philology are attainable. The central clinical center, the specialist areas psychology and sport science, mathematics and computer science, chemistry and pharmacy, physics as well as geosciences are west the lock in the proximity of the Coesfelder of cross. Further institutes are on the Leonardo campus, the formerbetween 1888 and 1901 built of A Kavalleriekaserne, which divide the WWU with the professional school and the academy of arts, as well as at the Hüfferstift and in the proximity of the Aasees accommodated.
The WWU is both in the basic research and in the application-oriented range one the prominent GermansUniversities.
It promotes talented children and young people and makes it for them possible uncomplicatedly to furnish during the school time before the Abitur achievements at the university which are recognized afterwards in the study. The WWU exhibits a success ratio of over 90 per cent. To the promotion of thisPurpose also a donation was furnished. Besides times is offered to ten in the year the “child university Münster” for eight to twelve-year-old boys pupils and pupils.
Despite the many students many courses of studies with few students and outstanding care relationship exist. In the course of the Bologna process all new courses of studies become alsoa restriction of permission occupies, in order to guarantee in the future an optimal care relationship. To the safety device of the quality of the training meetings, each meeting at the end of the term of the students is evaluated and the results is published. The E-Learning-Kompetenzzentrum of the European Research center for information of system provides for a spreadingand systematic support of E-Learning in the meetings of all specialist areas.
So that social and social activities no photograph criterion becomes, the university promotes student actions and groupings, which dedicate themselves to social and social topics.
The university is international admits and renowns, which itself in the number thatExchange student, the international research groups, whom noticeable buzzer Schools and Graduate Schools with many international lecturers and scientists makes. Altogether there are partnership agreements with 400 universities world-wide. In addition there is to double diploma and double Bachelor agreement (many in philology, political science, jurisprudence and economic science) with foreign universities, so thatStudent a German and a foreign conclusion to acquire can. Altogether study approx. 3.600 foreign students (scarcely nine per cent) at the university, who originate particularly from Eastern Europe as well as Asia. In response well 2,000 münstersche students study abroad per term.
Four museums - the archaeological,geological Paläontologi, the mineralogical and the Bible museum - as well as the Botani garden are accessible not only studying and instruction, but also the public.
although in Münster already in 16. Century recognized spirit-scientific Jesuitenkolleg a Münster existed and an establishment of university due to of theif spirit lives move in the Hanseatic city already at this time to expect would have been, it still lasted 18 up to the end . Century, until the forerunner of the today's university was established.
With a first approach the city received 1631 from Pope Urban VIII. and emperors Ferdinand II. the establishment privileges for a university. The national conditions had already assured the important sum of 20.000 valleys, yet this attempt in confusions of the dreissigjährigen war failed, particularly since Münster was taken up as a scene of the peace negotiations otherwise. A renewed attempt operatedby Christoph Bernhard von Galen, bishop von Münster, failed 1670 because of financial emergencies.
in the 70's 18. Century succeeded it to Franz baron von Fürstenberg, the Permanent Representative ColognersArchbishop and bishop von Münster, Maximilian Friedrich, to drive the establishment in front. After the award of the privileges for a national university by Pope Clemens XIV. to 28. May, and/or. by emperors Joseph II. to 8. October 1773 took place to 16. April 1780 finally the solemnOpening. A goal of the created mechanism should be the universitäre training of talented native in the faculties theology , philosophy , jurisprudence and medicine, in order to then appoint these to the Cologne university.
After Münster had been slammed shut 1803 in the course of the napoleonischen re-organization Prussia, those should University to one of the most modern German universities to be developed. These plans of the baron of the stone were however not carried out, on the contrary the University of Münster was waived 1818 like also the universities in Duisburg and Paderborn in favor of the new university in Bonn. An academic institute remained remainingto the training of clergyman and Gymnasiallehrern for the Diözese Münster, which was placed 1821 a surgeon school to the side. 1843 were renamed the academic institute into royal theological and philosophical academy. The surgical school became 1849 like all different this kind by the Prussian governmentclosed, since physicians should complete now university studies.
Only at the beginning 20. Century the university was again created. At the 1. July 1902 raised emperors Wilhelm II.on operation of prince Otto to Salm Horstmar the academy to the university.Were taught in the faculties theology, philosophy as well as on the right of and political science.1907 received the university finally by emperors Wilhelm II. their current names. In the same year also the münstersche AStA was created. In the future the Evangelist-theological faculty (1914) and the medical one developedFaculty (1925). After the National Socialist seizure of power 1933 the autonomy of the university was limited. Due to war destruction the training enterprise was stopped in the winter semester 1944/45, the reopening took place at the 3. November 1945.
The separation of the mathematical-scientific faculty of philosophy 1948 and the fragmentation on the right of and state-scientific faculty into the jurisprudential faculty and economics and state-scientific faculty extended the fan canon, before 1970 a new structure with 19 specialist areas were introduced.This structure experienced an extension with the affiliation of the educational university Westphalia lip, department of Münster, in the year of the two-hundred-year existence 1980 again and in the future was again and again easily changed.
In the year 1983 the new central clinical center was opened, after the capacity of the oldHospital building of the university clinic for the numerous institute reestablishments at the beginning of the 1970er years no longer was already sufficient.
1999 was brought the specialist areas into the today valid arrangement, the 2004 by integration of the Münsteraner to department of the college of music Detmold still the 15. Specialist area college of music was added.
Likewise inThe so-called „Bologna process began years 1999 “at the university, a whose goal is it to establish European-wide a system of comparable university conclusions. Outrider was the economiceconomics faculty, which within this framework since 1999 Bachelor and master courses of studies offers.
Since that 25. February 2002 is the university as the first university in North Rhine-Westphalia partner university of the high-performance sport. Likewise 2002 received the WWU a new university University of, the one stabilization of the Rektoratsmeant.
2003 changed the specialist area biology as the first specialist area of the WWU its training offer over completely to Bachelor and master conclusions.
For the winter semester 2005/06 are also the teaching profession courses of studies,those approximately 12,500 studying concern, changed over to the international conclusions Bachelor and masters.
organization and finances
fundamental decisions in research and teachings as well as decisions, which concern the university in their whole, become in Münster of the senate of the universitymet. In the senate sit both professors and scientific and non-scientific coworkers as well as students, whereby the latters belong to the senate contrary to the other groups instead of two only for one year. The senate controls and selects also the rector of the university as well as the pro rectors andright to nominate for the chancellor possesses.
Present rector is since 1998 in second term of office (re-election 2002) Professor. Dr. Jürgen Schmidt. Starting from that 1. October 2006 becomes the Juristin Professor. Dr. Ursula Nelles this office take over. Task of the rector is the agency of the universityoutward. The Kanzlerin is since 2004 Dr. Bettina Böhm. It leads the administration, is responsible to service lady of all non-scientific coworkers as well as for the household.
the budget of the university(without the university clinic) amounted in the year 2005 to approx. 280 million euro. At third means they could be in-recruited with 68.4 million euro in the year 2005 over 39 million euro, together with the medicine lie. With the third means could thereby between 1999 and 2003a rise of more than one third being registered. Beside these means still numerous donations at the university are furnished, which likewise finance the university. Most of them are administered of „the promotion circle University of Münster “(at present eleven).
In the autumn 2005 the senate that spoke itselfUniversity unanimously against „the university financing justice law “out, which permits the introduction of study fees at a value of up to 500 euro per term to the North-Rhine/Westphalian universities, there it thereby „the equality of the education chances sees endangered “.
possess external buildings the Westfäli William university outsideby Münster, which predominantly serve research colloquia for seminars, and as conference centers are used. The country house Rothenberge with rings will maintain from Erich grief donation. „The Zafernahütte “lies in the Kleinwalsertal in Austria. It is already used for nearly 50 years. Nearly likewise be enough in the possessionthe university is the Watt station Carolinensiel, which is used predominantly by biologists.
the university radio for the WWU is radio Q, which is student newspaper „the term mirror “, which appears annual seven times (monthly during the lecture time) in an edition of 3.500 copies.„Muz - of Münster university newspaper “addresses itself to all university members and by the rector one gives change. Them appear in the term once monthly, i.e., seven times in the year, with an edition of 18.000 pieces. The AStA publishes additionally a newspaper, on the left of vorm lock inan edition of 3.000. The name is derived from the seat of the AStA, whose main building former Kavaliershäu is left before the lock.
the research financed in Münster in the meantime by third means becomes strong among other things over eight special research ranges and three key programs the German research council realizes. The promotion scientific new generation among other things by six Graduiertenkollegs, two Graduate Schools and eight groups of new generations is ensured. Besides scientists of the WWU are still involved in special research ranges, key programs and Graduiertenkollegs of other research establishments. The connection between science and practice becomes through15 institutes for on and several centers promoted. Within the ranges for management economics, chemistry, history, Islam science, communication science, mathematics, nano-technology, medicine, jurisprudence, theology and economical informatics applies the WWU Germany and European-wide as prominent. Wider ranges are by development of fundsby international co-operation, donations and donations follow.
With the special research ranges financed by the German research council among other things the ion movement in materials with unordered structures , is investigated extracellular matrix and molecular orientation in mathematics goes it around geometrical structures. In the medicine andthe natural sciences at molecular cell dynamics, molecular picture giving and mechanisms of the inflammation one researches. The historians are responsible with the special research range symbolic communication and social value systems. Involved are among other things also Germanists, art historians and lawyers.
As key programs of the German research council dynamics at boundary surfaces become (Physics), Mars and the terrestrial planets (Planetologie), global Differentialgeometrie (mathematics) and secondary reciprocal effects as control principle for the arranged functionalization of poorly reactive substrates (chemistry) promoted.
In the groups of new generations the scientists are cared for immediately after the graduation with the goal, the conditionsto attain for a training activity at a university. Among other things a group of new generations with the topic culture history and theology of the picture exists. In the Planetologie exists to experiments for the growth of per-planetary bodies. In the political science it concerns European civil company and multi-level Governance. In the psychology there is to coding and processing of visual movement information and in the medicine Hemispheric specialization for LANGUAGE. In the nano-technology the group of new generations in co-operation with CeNTech and in physics nano-analytic methods in the brain research treats quantitative raster force spectroscopy. ThoseGroup of mathematics new generations employs view with Alexandrov geometry and its applications.
At the university Münster exists the first GermanJapanese Graduiertenkolleg with the topic Complex Functional of system in Chemistry: Design, development and Applications and a European within the range Template Directed Chemical Synthesis . Further Kollegs gives itwithin the field of history to the social symbolism in the Middle Ages and within the traditionally very research-strong field of mathematics with interdisciplinary connection to physics about analytic topology and Metageometrie. The virtual Graduiertenkolleg of the psychology is occupied in co-operation with the University of Freiburg and the universityTübingen with Knowledge Acquisition and Knowledge Exchange with new Media, while that investigates molecular bases of dynamic cellular processes for biology and medicine.
Internationally the Graduate School OF Chemistry (North-Rhine/Westphalia Graduate School), which in the year 2001 was based, makes possible an international, taut, butvery fastidious graduation study with the conclusion PhD within three years, also for carrying the doctor title entitled. The Graduate School OF Politics, which was created in the year 2005 in the specialist area political science and an international and very fastidious graduation study in two years made possible, is first of their kind within the German-language range.
Institut for political science and the European Research center for information of system (responsible for the structure of the network), whose board of directors Institut for economical informatics place, are member in the European Excellency network GARNET, to also 40 other EuropeanUniversities of sharings.
the applied research of the political economy is summarized in the Centrum for applied economic research Münster (CAWM) and their theoretical research in the Centrum for theoretical economic research Münster (CTWM). Additionally still Münster Institut for Computational Economics (ABC exists MICE,National economy computer science). The research of the management economics is into the ranges Münster Accounting Centrum (MAC), Finance center Münster (FCM), marketing Centrum Münster (MCM), Centrum for management (CfM, partly occupied with donation chairs) and Centrum for hospital management (CKM, establishes from the Bertelsmann donation), under those in each case several chairsand institutes in summary are divided. Institut for management is attached in chemistry and pharmacy, the international Centrum for Franchising and Cooperation, which science and Franchise practice connect. The European Research center for information of system, international research of the economical informatics and practice partner(among other things SAP Research) connects, is so far world-wide singular.
The national authority center for information, telecommunications and law of communication media (ITM) links jurisprudential research interdisciplinary with elements of the communication science and economical informatics. Besides still several jurisprudential centers exist, like the Centre for to European privately Law (CEP) or the center forExternal trade right. Besides still several Forschungstellen exist such as bank right, insurance, commercial legal protection, Chinese right, the European forum for expressing economy, your and to tariff, Münsteri social right combination and lawyer right.
In addition the Westfäli William university has the Germany far singular center for Netherlands studies several own research centers , so for example in House of the Netherlands, which dedicates itself fan-spreading to the Netherlands and Flanders. Together with the university of the city Nimwegen the international Centrum for gift research is operated.
The Centrum for religious studies employs with inter+religious and intercultural questions.
The center for environmental research is an interdisciplinary group from scientists to the topic environment. Besides there is still the center for teacher formation. That interdisciplinary Centrum for electron microscopy and microanalysis (ICEM) makes basic research within the field of the geosciences. The Interdisciplinary Research center for Cooperative and Functional NanoscaleSystem concerns itself with basic research to the nano-technology. The Latin America center is occupied with Latin America. The Centrum for history and culture of the eastern Mittelmeeraumes continues to exist. The center for science theory (ZfW) is supported by seven specialist areas.
External co-operation ' s it gives among other things with inMünster residents institute for Max-Planck for molecular biomedicine and the münsterschen Centrum for nano-technology (CeNTech), the baron of stone Institut of the district daily North Rhine-Westphalia, the Erich contactor Forschungsinstitut, Ehrenpreisinstitut for Swift studies, the Centrum for hospital management and Institut for forest and forest computer science. One of the institutes for on is that Leibniz institute for Arterioskleroseforschung of the Leibniz community.
is arranged faculties
and specialist areas the University of Münster into seven faculties and 15 specialist areas, whereby the five first mentioned faculties are also in each case a specialist area:
- Specialist area 1 is the Evangelist-theological faculty. It is at the university road and has 596 students.
- The specialist area 2 is the catholic-theological faculty to the Johannisstrasse with 1.169 students.
- The specialist area 3, which has jurisprudential faculty, its seat at the university road in the Juridicum and hasA 5,317 student
- the specialist area 4 is the economiceconomics faculty (Münster School OF Business administration and Economics), has its seat at the university road in the Oeconomicum and partly on the Leonardo campus and has presently 5,202 students.
- The specialist area 5 is the medical faculty, is onthe Domagkstrasse convenient and has 2,946 students. The faculty with the university clinic, which is independent since 2001 public one of right as institute, is closely connected.
- Philosophical faculty
- the specialist area 6, educating science and social sciences to the George-coming has 5,127 students
- the specialist area 7 is psychology andSport science with 1.859 students, is to the Fliednerstrasse and because of the Horstmarer Landweg
- specialist area 8, history/philosophy, with 3.852 students has its seat directly at the cathedral place
- the specialist area 9, who to philology, with 7.102 students Münster largest specialist area is, because of the smart road
- mathematical-scientific faculty
- the specialist area 10 is Mathematics and computer science with 2.385 students and seat at the Einstein route
- specialist area 11 is physics with 1.038 students and seat at the William clamping road
- specialist area 12, chemistry and pharmacy is convenient at the hit peat route and has 2,385 students
- specialist area 13, biology, has its seat to Hindenburgplatz and has 1,668 students. Among other things the Botani garden of the specialist area operated
- the specialist area 14 is geosciences, has its seat at the Robert cook road and has 1,787 students
- the college of music, specialist area 15, has 217 students and lies at the Schorlemer road, in more directProximity of the Ludgeriplatzes. The college of music is since April 2004 part of the WWU, to this date the münstersche branch at that time of the college of music Detmold was only integrated.
- (Conditions in each case WG 04/05)
the central library of the university is the university and federal state library Münster(ULB), which is beside their role as university library also the regional library of the region Westphalia. The ULB, which is to the Münsteranern beside the students also at disposal, holds approx. 2,3 million volumes of scientific literature ready, for it approx. 10.000 current magazines. The library net of the Westfäli William university containsbeside the branches of the ULB for the topics medicine, social sciences, chemistry and physics still approx. 155 technical libraries at the specialist areas and faculties and a library in the house of the Netherlands. The portal Digibib of the ULB makes the modern search possible in the existence andSearch in digital libraries and full text archives.
Thoseboth largest refectories are directly because of the Aasee which was the refectory at the Aasee, formerly refectory I, with place for over 1.600 guests and the refectory at the ring, formerly refectory II, at the scientific center round around the Coesfelder cross. In the refectoryat the Aasee grilling is regularly also freshly sold, in addition there, as in refectory at the ring to the selection, are three menus whereby three supplements are included in the price. The further refectories are in the Hüfferstiftung, the seat of the professional school Münster, in the Bispinghof,where among other things the theological faculties are and the refectory there Vinci at the Leonardo campus, which university, professional school and academy of arts divide.
In the refectories with the MensaCard one pays by transfer, which is to cause an accelerated completion at the cashes. These maps can at specialTo be loaded, a loading directly at the cash is possible for automats with cash, costs however 0,25 €. The students are financially taken part in maintenance of the system in the way, the acquisition of a map costs € 5.
the Westfäli William university offers to its students apart from the lectures also leisure offers. Thus in the university sport nearly 100 different kinds of sport are offered, those to the studying, partly against fees (approx. 60 offers are free), for the order. ThatSport offer is considered to the best one in Germany as one. Since that 25. February 2002, after signing agreement with representatives of the WWU, the student council Münster, the general German university sport federation and the olympia base Westphalia, may do itself the WWU as the first university in North Rhine-Westphalia partner university of the high-performance sportcall. This contains a promotion of studying top-class sportsmen by an individually tailored advice and company at study planning and organization, individually co-ordinated terms for filing for work and test dates, support during the housing switching, free use of the universitären sport mechanisms and switching in conflicts.
The center for data processing (ZIV) offers studyingComputer jobs after the newest state of the art with newest standard software and special software (e.g. within the range mathematics, physics, statistics). The moreover one services, like a university-far Wireless LAN, are offered to pressures over Internet , computer cluster for cpu time consuming orders and computer courses.
The language center makes possibleit the students of all specialist areas to learn in small's groups scarcely 20 different languages. One can select also specializedspecific language courses. Internationally accredited certificates are offered like e.g.DELE, university CERT (among other things Geisteswissenschaft and social science, medicine, jurisprudence and economic science) or FFA(Auxiliary course of studies for studying the jurisprudence in Common Law or Droit français).
For in music interested students there is among other things the student orchestra Münster, two bends volume and boy the Sinfonieorchester. Choirs like the Madrigalchor or „the ensemble 22 “enjoy also internationally high reputation. Theatre-inspiredStudying ones can live it up with the studio stage at the cathedral place or the theatre laboratory at the crowd refuge route.
The most important student initiatives (like e.g. AIESEC, AEGEE, MTP, ELSA, Market team, move registered association.etc.) and besides still some more are frequent in Münster, with high number of members,to find.
In the evening the many students are to be found particularly in the cow quarter and Hansaviertel, where many student taverns are resident. As famous notorious the Bermuda triangle in the Jew field road is considered, where the closest occupation of the taverns prevails. The oldest pure student tavern is the 1959 open Cavete. Is worth mentioningbesides the student tavern Frauenstr. 24, a formerly occupied house opposite the lock, in which for over three decades eagerly student policy one discusses. It gives over 1000 taverns, bars, clubs and discotheques in Münster. In addition supraregional well-known student celebrations take place, like e.g. that Juwi celebration or WiWis on skirt, with which also times prominent ones can be found.
also for graduates and former students
the WWU some offers has offers for former one (Alumni). They can become member in the Alumni club Münster. This organizes celebrations and offersa virtual club area, in order to attach contacts and maintain networks. Also it is possible that Alumni Mentoren for students to become to be able, which opens new possibilities for both sides. The establishment of groups of regional of Münsteraner graduates, those will mutually help themselves and will advise, upthe whole world supports. Besides there are still special Alumni combinations and offers (e.g. Graduate books) of the faculties or institutes.
famous graduates, lecturers and carriers of honour titles
graduates and student
- Götz when man, musician and entertainer
- Johannes George Bednorz, Nobelpreisträger 1987
- Daniel Bahr, politician
- Gabriele Behler, politician
- Thomas Bellut, Second Channel of German Television - director of program
- Dr. Hubertus Brandenburg, bishop of the catholic church in Sweden
- wolf Michael Catenhusen, politician
- Wolfgang Clement, former German Federal Minister for economics and work
- Dr. Paul Josef Cordes, Kurien archbishop, president of the papal advice Cor Unum
- dock Diekmann, German journalist
- Kirsten Erl, TV-Richterin
- Professor. Dr. To Hans Jürgen Ewers (1942-2002), political economist, president DO Berlin
- Professor. Dr. Gerd Faltings, mathematicians, falling DS medal and Leibnizpreisträger
- Professor. Dr. Dieter Fenske, chemist
- Birgit Fischer, Politikerin
- Friedrich William Grimme (1827-1887), writer, scholar
- Dr. August Hanning, undersecretary of state Federal Ministry of the inside andformer president Federal Information Service
- of the Dr. Dr. Gustav Heinemann, politician
- Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Franz cardinal Hengsbach (1910-1991), ehem. Bishop von Essen
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Friedrich Hirzebruch, mathematician
- Professor. Dr. rer. pole. Andreas's hoping January, chair for Controlling and Regulierungsökonomik, donation chair thatGerman post office donation, WHU - Otto Beisheim School OF management, national recognized scientific university, Vallendar
- of olive Kalkofe, moderator
- William Killing (1847-1923), mathematician
- Karin Kneffel, painter
- Manfred Kock, theologian
- Heinz Rudolf Kunze, musician
- Jens Lehmann, German national player (Torwart)
- Ursula of the Leyen, Lady doctor, politician
- Hermann Löns, journalist and writer
- NIC-read Luhmann, sociologist
- Dr. Thomas de Maizière, Politiker
- Ingrid Matthäus Maier, politician
- Professor. Dr. Miriam Meckel, lady journalist, former medium state State of North-Rhine/Westphalia, Kommunikationswissenschaftlerin
- Ulrike Meinhof, Journalistin, Terroristin of the RAF
- Dr. Thomas Middelhoff, former Bertelsmann - executive committee, now executive committee of KarstadtQuelle
- Professor. Dr. George Milbradt, Prime Minister of Saxonia (also unscheduled professor)
- walter Momper, politician
- Dr. Heinrich mash-sing-hope, bishop of Aachen
- Martin Niemöller, Evangelist theologian and resistance fighter against the national socialism
- Professor. Dr. Andreas Pinkwart,Minister for innovation, science, research and technology and stellvertrender Prime Minister of the country North Rhine-Westphalia
- Ruprecht Polenz, politician
- Professor. Dr. med. Christopher Poremba, pathologist, University of Duesseldorf
- Professor. Dr. Judith Ryan, Germanistin, Professorin to the Harvard University
- Professor. Dr. Dr. Gerhard Roth, neuro biologist
- Dr. Winfried Scharlau, journalist
- Dr. Thomas's cutter, multicolored one - editor-in-chief
- Dr. Briefly Schumacher (1895-1952), politician
- Dr. h.c. Rudolf Seiters, politician
- Hans Werner sense, political economist, president ifo of the institute for economic research
- Professor. Dr. Michael Sievernich, SJ, professor for Pastoraltheologie at the Johannes good mountain universityMainz and at the philosophical-theological university sank Georgen
- Burkhard spiders, writer
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Hans Tietmeyer, political economist
- Dr. Berthold Tillmann, politician
- Klaus Töpfer, politician and UN High Commissioner
- Professor. Dr. rer. pole. Markus Voeth, professor for BWL esp. Marketing onthe University of high home
- Professor. Dr. h.c. Karl Weierstrass, mathematician
- of olive withered one, moderator
- Dr. Klaus Zumwinkel, chairman of the board German post office World Net
- Professor. Dr. William field man, mathematician, found those Field man function
- Professor. Dr. Briefly Aland, Evangelist theologian, founder of the Bible museum and the institute for Neutestamentliche text research
- Professor. Dr. Gerd oldhope, historian (Mediävist)
- Professor. Dr. Paul Bachmann, Mathematiker, admits Professor for
- number theory. Dr. Dr. h.c. Jörg Baetge, operation manager (esp. Balances and audit)
- Professor. Dr. Karl Barth, Evangelist-reformed theologian, „church father 20. Century “
- Professor. Dr. Jörg Becker, restaurant economics and managing director of the ERCIS
- Pope Benedikt XVI., civil Professor. Dr. Dr. h. C. mult. Joseph cardinal Ratzinger
- Professor. Dr. Heinrich Behnke, mathematician, joint founder of the complexAnalysis (“Münster school of the complex analysis”)
- Professor. Dr. Hans's flower mountain, (1920-1996) philosopher
- Professor. Dr. Hans Brox, right scientist and Federal Constitution judge a.D.
- Professor. Dr. Dieter Claessens (1921-1997), sociologist and Anthropologe
- Professor. Dr. Joachim Cuntz, mathematicians, Max-Planck research winner (1993) and Leibnizpreisträger
- Professor. Dr. Christopher Deninger,Mathematician and Leibnizpreisträger
- Professor. Dr. Erich good mountain (1897-1984), operation manager, inventor of the modern management economics
- Professor. Dr. Eduard Heis (1806-1877), astronomer
- Professor. Dr. Klaus Hildebrand, historian
- Professor. Dr. Thomas's hearing, right scientist within the range information, telecommunications, and law of communication media
- Professor. Dr. Eric Jayme, right scientist
- Professor. Dr. William Killing, (1847-1923) mathematician, founder of the theory of the continuous groups
- of Professor. Dr. Paul Kirchhof, Rechtswissenschaftler, professor to 1987
- Joseph king, chemist
- Professor. Dr. Wolfgang Lück, mathematician and Max-Planck research winner (2003)
- Professor. Dr. Frido man, psychologist and writer, grandchild of Thomas's man
- Professor. Dr. Willi Marxsen, (1919-1993), ev. Theologian
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Heribert Meffert, operation manager (esp. Marketing)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. Johann Baptist Metz, theologian
- Professor. Dr. Wolfgang butcher (1899-1979), psychologist
- Professor. Dr. Klaus Mezger, geo chemist and Leibnizpreisträger
- Professor. Dr. George Milbradt, Political economist and Prime Minister of Saxonia
- Professor. Dr. Alfred Mueller Armack (1901-1978), political economist
- Professor. Dr. Josef Pieper (1904-1997), philosopher
- Professor. Dr. Karl Rahner (1904-1984), theologian
- Professor. Dr. Bernhard Rensch (1900-1990), biologist
- Professor. Dr. Helmut Schelsky (1912-1984), sociologist
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h. C. Siegfried J. Schmidt,Communication scientist and philosopher
- Professor. Dr. Edzard Schmidt Jortzig, politician and lawyer
- Priv. - Doz. Dr. Armin Scholl, communication scientist
- Professor. Dr. Heinrich Scholz, philosopher and mathematician, pioneer and founder first Institut for mathematical logic
- of the Professor. Dr. Anton Matthias Sprickmann (1749-1833), poet and lawyer, friend andPromoter of the Annette of Droste Hülshoff
- Professor. Dr. Dieter Stöffler, Planetologe and Leibnizpreisträger
- Professor. Dr. Barbara Stollberg Rilinger, Historikerin and Leibnizpreisträgerin
- Professor. Dr. Ulrich van Suntum, Volkswirt and former restaurant way
- Professor. Dr. Dietmar Vestweber, cell biologist and Leibnizpreisträger
- Hermann cardinal people (1903-1988), ehem. Bishopof Mainz
- Professor. Dr. Gottfried Vossen, computer scientist and vice-president of the society for computer science
- Professor. Dr. Hans's resistance (1909-1981), Islam scientist and author of the prominent Arab-German and Arab-English dictionary
- Professor. Dr. Benno of meadow (1903-1987), Germanist
- Professor. Dr. Stroke ore wolf (theologian), historian and theologian and Leibnizpreisträger
- Dr. h.c. Friedrich oldhope, former secret government advice for the university department (1904)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. January ASS ASS (1998, Evangelist-theological faculty)
- Professor. Dr. h.c. Karl Barth, Evangelist-reformed theologian (1922, Evangelist-theological faculty)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Seriousness Wolfgang Böckenförde, right scientist, former judge at the Federal Constitutional Court (2001, jurisprudential faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Urie Bronfenbrenner, development psychologist
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Arnold L. Demain, microbiology and biotechnology (2003, specialist area biology, mathematical-scientific faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Johannes Bernhard Diepenbrock, Theologe and Historiker
- Professor. Dr. Dr.h.c.David A. O. Edward, Rechtswissenschaftler, Richter at the Court of Justice of the European communities (2001, jurisprudential faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Heinz Ellenberg, biologist, Botaniker and landscape ecologist
- Professor. Dr. h.c. Gilberto Freyre pH. D., sociologist (1968, jurisprudential faculty)
- Professor. Dr. h.c. Johann Michael Fritz, Kunsthistoriker (2005,Evangelist-theological faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Mikhail Gorbatschow, former president of the USSR (2005, jurisprudential faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Manfred Gotthardt 1984 to 2006 commercial director of the university clinic Münster (2003, medical faculty)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Toma Hammar, politics scientist (2002, philosophical faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Jean-Claude Juncker, Prime ministers of Luxembourg (2001)
- Dr. h.c. Wim Kok, Prime Minister the Netherlands (2003, philosophical faculty)
- of the Dr. h.c. Hanna Renate Laurien, theologies (1996, catholic-theological faculty)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Robert easy, journalist (2003, Evangelist-theological faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Rupert new deck, journalist
- Dr. h.c. Gerrit Noltensmeier, Landessuperintendent of the Lippi regional church (2005, Evangelist-theological faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Pure hard poppy, chairman of the presidency of the Bertelsmannstiftung (2001, economiceconomics faculty)
- Dr. h.c. mult. Krzysztof Penderecki, composer and conductor (2006, philosophical faculty)
- Professor. Dr. h.c. Arnulf Rainer, painter (2004, catholic-theological faculty)
- Professor. Dr.Dr. h.c.Stroke ore Schmidbaur, chemist (2005, specialist area chemistry and pharmacy, mathematical-scientific faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Erich Schumann, lawyer (2002, jurisprudential faculty)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Jon Sobrino S.J, theologian (1998, catholic-theological faculty)
- Dr. h.c. Wolfgang Thierse, politician (2004, philosophical faculty)
- Professor. Dr. Dr. h.c. Hans Tietmeyer, president of the Federal Bank a.D. (1994, economiceconomics faculty)
Web on the left of
Commons: Category: Westfäli William university - pictures, videos and/or audio filesUniversities in Münster
professional school of the federation for public administration - department of finances | Professional school for public administration North-Rhine/Westphalia - department of Münster | Professional school Münster | Catholic professional school North Rhine-Westphalia - department of Münster | Academy of arts Münster | Philosophical-theological university of the Franziskaner and Kapuziner Münster | Police command and staff academy | Westfäli William universityuniversities in North Rhine-Westphalia
RWTH Aachen | University of Bielefeld | Ruhr University Bochum | Rheini Friedrich William university Bonn | University of Dortmund | Heinrich Heine university Duesseldorf | University of Duisburg meal | Correspondence university in Hagen | University to Cologne | German sport university Cologne | Westfäli William university Münster | University of Paderborn | University of victories | University of jokes/stove corner | Bergi University of Wuppertal
This article was taken up to the list of the articles worth reading.