William High School Hamburg
|William High School|
|school type:||High School|
|year of the foundation:||1881|
|number of students:|
|Special fan:||Music classes, rudders|
the William High School Hamburg is a steeped in tradition human High School with music classes. 1881 as new scholar school was created, 1883 in honours emperors Wilhelms I. in William High School renamed. It is thereby the secondaryoldest High School in Hamburg. Since 1885 it had its seat in the building of the today's state library, starting from 1964 then in the monastery stairs 17 in Hamburg Harvestehude. The William High School is at present in its fixed year, in which it celebrates its one hundred-twenty five-year old existence. Apart from the sporty activities in the Hockey and rudders based at the 1. June 1888 Untersekundaner of the William High School that Hamburg soccer club (HFC), the predecessor Hamburg sport association.
Table of contents
school rudder association Gymnasial rudder association Hamburg (GRV „H “)
at the William High School gives it for pupils and pupils, who rudders would like to learn and exercise, a pupil rudder association, the GRV „to H “. 1909 of Primanern based, he let experience young humans sporty community over decades - only forbidden in the Nazi period starting from 1937 -. Long - since the specialists recognized that to rudders in recent years most easily can be learned - to know pupils of the central and lower level the GRV „H “occur. At present the association has over 50 members starting from the 6. Class. They select on the annual general meeting their executive committee, which worries - so far the school obligations it permit - together with a tread about the basic training of the new generation.
Two treads, which are or were teachers at the WG, represent statutory the association outward. Gerudert becomes of the bar that of the Hamburg one and Germania rudder club (DHuGRC), Alsterufer 21, out. Since its establishment the GRV is in a friendly manner, connected for the DHuGRC since 1970 also contractually „H “. Young ones and girls, which would like to participate in höherrangigen rain corroding, are cared for by the club coach.
Week final free times, training camp and occasionally also moving travels are offered by the coaches, responsible persons and treads. In the last 25 years nearly always crews of the WGs participated in the federal final of the Schülerruderer “youth trained for Olympia” in Berlin and came thereby already thirteen times on medal ranks. Who goes off the school, the possibility has of keeping in the “old gentleman master of the GRV „H “registered association” the connection to the active ones and of supporting it financially.
school newspaper/school newspaper
in the William High School receives all pupils in season distances an expenditure of the school newspaper published by the school line which goes?. The chief talking document urine of this newspaper is a deputy head mistress Ulrike Eickmeyer. In each expenditure a letter of the head mistress is Antje west-hopes to the school community as well as numerous articles and reader letters published by teachers, pupils and parents.
Further there is in February 2005 a created school newspaper with the name that William. It is provided by pupils and pupils and sold to selbige.
- Ambesser, Axel of (Abitur 1930; Actor and director)
- Böttger, Gottfried (Abitur 1969; Pianist)
- Franck, James (Abitur 1902; Nobelpreis for physics 1926; Franck report 1944)
- Heyl, Menso (Abitur 1969; Editor-in-chief Hamburg evening papers)
- emperor, Joachim (Abitur 1948)
- Meyer, Reinhold (Abitur 1940; in the resistance of the white rose - died in the KZ 1944)
- Mueller Sönksen, Burkhardt (Abitur 1978; Member of the Bundestag)
- Münchmeyer, Alwin (Abitur 1926; Banker)
- Ponto, Jürgen (Abitur 1942; Executive committee speaker of the Dresdens bank AG; ermordert of the RAF 1977)
- Spiro, harsh ore (when Jewish pupil emigriert 1938 to the USA; Professor for political sciences FU Berlin)
- Uexküll, Gösta of (Abitur 1929; Writer and journalist)
- Zarden, Arthur (Abitur 1904; Undersecretary of state in the realm Treasury 1932; Suicide in the Gestapogefängnis 1944)