William May brook
Table of contents
as a William May brook was 8 years old, drew its family from lion stone (Württemberg) in only 30 km removed Stuttgart, where its two parents deceased within three years. It lived 13 years in the brother house in Reutlingen, where Waisenkinder outpoor families education and training received. In the brother house August William received training as technical draughtsmen and technical designer. There and God-dear Daimler met May brook for the first time: Daimler was responsible as directors/conductors of engine works for the brother house and kept May brook assigned as assistants. From now onaccompanies it its promoter Daimler in different places of Germany.
May brook married 1878 the Maulbronner landlord and post office owner daughter Bertha Wilhelmine Habermas (1851-1931); her first son Karl May brook came to 6. July 1879 in Cologne Deutz to the world (it died to 7. February 1960 in Friedrichshafen), 1884as a second son Adolf May brook († 1940) and a daughter in Cologne were born.
it worked on the end 19. Century with God-dear Daimler togetherat the development of the combustion engine. As a technical director of the Daimler engine society it had relevant portion with the construction of the first modern automobile.
Around 1900 it designs Emil Jellinek (1853-1918) on suggestion of the Austrian buyer and Consul General notice-the-simplex. A racing car with a 35-PS-Vierzylindermotor andtwo carburetors. The vehicle represents the car of the future with May brook inventions, the bee honeycomb radiator and the gear. Jellinek calls the model after its daughter “Mercedes “. 1904 codeveloped May brook the first six cylinder Mercedes engine with 70 HP and 1906 designed it a trend-setting 120-PS-Rennmotorhanging in and exhaust valves, obenliegender cam shaft and double ignition.
it made and was based 1909 independent with his 1879 born son Karl the company Maybach-Motorenbau GmbH in Bissingen/Enz, which manufactured Zeppelinmotoren later and in Friedrichshafen luxury car (see also MTU Friedrichshafen).
William May brook died 1929 in Stuttgart CAN place and in direct proximity of God-dear Daimler on the Cannstatter Uff Kirchhof was buried.
William May brook is named-giving for the following mechanisms:
- for the William May brook school, commercial vocational school in Stuttgart bath CAN place
- for the William May brook school in Heilbronn, which is in particular a technical school center for out and further training and in the ranges manufacturing, metal, motor vehicle and electro-technology are active
- for thoseWilliam May brook high school 5. OR Spandau (six-form high school) in Berlin Spandau
- for the William May brook school, promotion vocational school and promotion Technical High School in Reutlingen
- max of J. Rauck: William May brook. The large automobile technical designer. Baar 1979
- Harry Niemann: Myth May brook. 4. Aufl., Stuttgart 2002
- Harry Niemann: May brook - the fatherMercedes. 3. Aufl., Stuttgart 2000
- Harry Niemann: William May brook - king of the technical designers. 1. Aufl., Stuttgart 1995
- briefly Rathke: William May brook - incipient crack of a new age. 1. Aufl., Friedrichshafen 1953
Web on the left of
| | * Literature ofand over William May brook in the catalog of the DDB
- May brook Manufaktur
- history with MTU Friedrichshafen
- if the father with the son
- William May brook
|NAME||May brook, William|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||automobile technical designer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||9. February 1846|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Heilbronn|
|DYING DATE||29. December 1929|
|DYING PLACE||Stuttgart - CAN place|