|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Lower Saxony|
|surface:||78.46 km ²|
|inhabitants:||54.538 (30. September 2005)|
|Population density:||695 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip codes:||38300, 38302, 38304|
Coordinates: 52° 10 ' N, 10° 32 ' O 52° 10 ' N, 10° 32 ' O
|municipality key:||03 1 58 037|
|city arrangement:|| 10 local parts and/or.|
of the city administration:
| City market 3-6|
|a governing party:||SPD|
Wolfenbüttel is a medium-sized town of Lower Saxony to the Oker and district town of the district Wolfenbüttel. The city is as bishop city also seat of the church government for the Evangelical-Lutheran regional church in Braunschweig. The city lies approx.12 km south of Braunschweig and approx. 60 km east of Hanover. In Wolfenbüttel approximately 55,000 inhabitants with main domicile live and approx. further 2,000, which do not have their Erstwohnsitz in Wolfenbüttel, on a surface of 78,46 km ².
Wolfenbüttel belongsin addition to the planned Metropolregion Hanover Braunschweig Goettingen.
Table of contents
Wolfenbüttel one based at a ford. This crossing possibility of the Okerthe first settlers tightened. The water castle Wolfenbüttel was mentioned for the first time documentary 1118 as W [ u] lferesbutle (also Wulferisbutle called).
development of the city
1283 was developed it by the Welfen duke Heinrich the Wunderlichen to a residence fortress and 1500 ummauert. 1567 developed beside the Heinrich suburb the July US suburb, 1652 the August suburb. The Sweden dam in the 30-jährigen war established by the Danes with the goal of flooding the city Wolfenbüttel.
until 1753 was Wolfenbüttel Residenzstadt of the Principality of Braunschweig Wolfenbüttel. Here worked 1690 to 1716 Gottfried William Leibniz and 1770 to 1781 Gotthold Ephraim Lessing as librarians the duke August library. Because of working Lessing the city is called occasionally also Lessingstadt. In the early 17. Century was active the composer and music writer Michael Praetorius in Wolfenbüttel as herzoglicher ride masters.
Wolfenbüttela typical Renaissance is - Residenzstadt with lock, Marienkirche, Johanniskirche, Trinitatiskirche, arsenal, Kanzlei and numerous well received half timbered houses. Remainders of an extensive Grachtensystems are received remained and today under the name small Venice admit.
Wolfenbüttel consists of the following quarters:
- the city
- vein home
- largely stick home
- lime trees
- turning meals
culture and spare time
objects of interest
- the lock Wolfenbüttel
- the duke August library
- the Lessinghaus
- the arsenal
- those Marienkirche, also Beatae Mariae Virginis (BMV) or main church called.
- The baroque Trinitatiskirche (a former town-gate, which was converted to the church)
|objects of interest in Wolfenbüttel|
- office for regional church of the Ev. - luth. Regional church in Braunschweig
- public records of Lower Saxony
- office for forest planning of Lower Saxony
- a department of the Braunschweigi federal state museum (Ur and early history)
partnerships between cities
partnerships between cities exist Kenosha
|( the USA) with|
|Satu Mare (Romania)|
|Kamienna Góra (Poland)|
after each of these cities is designated a Wolfenbüttler bridge.
in Wolfenbüttel gives it to 2 cinemasand 1 large theatre (the Lessingtheater).
places of event
in Wolfenbüttel there are a large meeting-resounds, which freshly reconditioned lime tree-resounds, designated after the quarter of the same name Wolfenbüttel lime trees
in Wolfenbüttel gives it the sport associations MTV Wolfenbüttel 1848,BV Germania Wolfenbüttel, ESV Wolfenbüttel and WSV Wolfenbüttel of 1921. Wolfenbüttel is besides for a long basketball tradition well-known. The UC Wolfenbüttel (ladies) and the Wolfenbüttel Dukes (gentlemen) play up-to-date in the 1. and/or. 2. Federal league. With the kg Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel (come outfrom the BAC Wolfenbüttel) has the city of the moreover one a box secondary lyingists. Since at the beginning of 2005 there is a American football crew, the Wolfenbüttel Black Wolves in Wolfenbüttel also. The TG (turn municipality) of the large school Wolfenbüttel was created 1828 and is thus onethe oldest, still existing alone organized and financing turn municipalities of the Republic of
Wolfenbüttel is attached with the federal motorway 395 (four connection points) to the German motorway net. In addition the federal highway 79 runs by Wolfenbüttel, as well asthe B4, however in the course of the building of the A395 von Braunschweig toward resin within this range waived (and/or. down staged) and in the places concerned in the Okertal on national road level one back-built.
It exists a regional station with train connectionsafter Braunschweig, Goslar and Helmstedt, as well as of the KVG Braunschweig operated independent bus linear network.
The international airport in Hanover is for instance 80km far away.
from Wolfenbüttel the world-well-known Kräuterlikör “hunter master “comes. Here are at present in the change present administration buildings as well as the head office.
these schools gives it in Wolfenbüttel:
- Primary school vein home
- primary school Fümmelse
- primary school at the Geitelplatz (in the city)
- primary school largely stick home
- primary school Halchter
- primary school resin gate barrier (inCity)
- primary school Karl route (in the city)
- primary school Salzdahlum
3 High Schools:
- High School large one school
- High School in the lock (GiS)
- Theodor Heuss High School (THG)
- Gottfried William Leibniz six-form high school
- Lessing six-form high school
3 hauptschule (of it 2 reason and hauptschule):
- Eric HC-branch he hauptschule
- reason and hauptschule Cranachstrasse
- reason andHauptschule William Raabe school
1 promotion school emphasis mental development:
- Peter robber school
and 1 promotion school emphasis learning:
- The school at the pond garden
in addition are in Wolfenbüttel:
- the professional school Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel
- the professional training of Carl God hard long Hans - school
- the federal academy for cultural education, in that regularly workshops, seminars andConferences take place.
- the Lessingakademie Wolfenbüttel
- the law execution school of the country of Lower Saxony.
(in each case to 31. December)
- Michael Praetorius, composer, * 15. February 1571 in Creuzburg, † 15. February 1621 in Wolfenbüttel
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, poet, * 22. January 1729 in Kamenz; † 15. February 1781 in Braunschweig; starting from 1770Librarian in Wolfenbüttel.
- Julius Johann Philipp Ludwig Elster, Gymnasiallehrer and physicist, * 24. December 1854 in bright castle, † 8. April 1920 in bath Harzburg
- Hans Friedrich Geitel, Gymnasiallehrer and physicist, * 16. July 1855 in Braunschweig, † 15. August 1923 in Wolfenbüttel
of sons and daughters of the city
- Anna Amalie of Saxonia Weimar iron oh, German duchess and Komponistin
- Elizabeth Christine Ulrike of Braunschweig Wolfenbüttel, daughter of duke Karl I. (Braunschweig)
- Heinrich II. Duke to Braunschweig Lueneburg,Prince of Braunschweig Wolfenbüttel
- Julius duke to Braunschweig Lueneburg, prince of Braunschweig Wolfenbüttel
- Carl Brandan Mollweide, mathematician and astronomer
- Friederike of speeches, nut/mother of the Hirschberger of valley, (* 1754 in Wolfenbüttel)
- George Scholz, painter, * 10. October 1890 inWolfenbüttel, † 27. November 1945 in Waldkirch
- Adolph Friedrich count of the Schulenburg Beetzendorf, realm count, lieutenant general in the Prussian army and trusted friend of king Friedrich William I. of Prussia
- Andreas's white, film producer, * 4. January 1968 in Wolfenbüttel
- Ludwig casting field and Homann inheriting: The Fürstenthümer Grubenhagen, Calenberg, Wolfenbüttel and bright castle 1786, historical map, publishing house skirt chair, bath Langensalza, Reprint 1786/2002, ISBN 3-936030-51-0
Web on the left of
|Commons: Wolfenbüttel - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
Achim | Baddeckenstedt | Börssum | Castle village | Cramme | Cremlingen | Dahlum | Denkte | Dettum | Dorstadt | Elbe | Oriel desert | Evessen | Flöthe | Gielde | Haverlah | Hedeper | Armies | Heiningen | Horn castle | Cushion-bridge | Kneitlingen | Ohrum | Remlingen | Roklum | Schladen | Schöppenstedt | Sehlde | Semmenstedt | Crimped | Uehrde | Vahlberg | Veltheim (Ohe) | Werlaburgdorf | Winnigstedt | Wittmar | Wolfenbüttel