of the residents of Munich Wolfgang “Bubi” Ehrl (* 4. March 1912; † 11. June 1980) was one of the most successful German Ringer in the feather/spring and light weight class, which its achieved successes in both kinds of style (freestyle and Greek-Roman style).
With the following international championships it represented the German colors:
- 1932 olympic plays Los Angeles in the feather/spring weight griech. - Rome. Style. “Bubi” Ehrl defeated all five opponents, under it also the later olympia winner Giovanni Gozzi, Italy and Lauri Koskela, Finland, to points, had however because of the then valid valuation system with the silver medal to be content;
- 1936 olympic plays Berlin in the Leichtgewicht, freestyle. Wolfgang Ehrl won again the silver medal, whereby its point defeat was against the later olympia winner Károli Kárpáty , Hungary, scarce and disputed;
- 1933 European championship Helsinki in the feather/spring weight, griech. - Rome. Style. 2. Place (silver medal);
- 1934 European championship Rome in the Leichtgewicht, freestyle. 1. Place and European champion before Swansson, Sweden and cure country, Denmark;
- 1935 European championship Copenhagen in the Leichtgewicht, griech. - Rome. Style. 3. Place (bronze medal);
- 1935 European championship Brussels in the Leichtgewicht, freestyle. 3. Place (bronze medal);
- 1951 world championship Helsinki in the Leichtgewicht, freestyle. 5. Place after defeat against the later world champion Olle other mountain one, Sweden;
German master he became in griech. - Rome. Style 1934, 1948 and 1950 and in the free style 1935, 1944, 1949, 1950 and 1951. In addition it became still eight times German vice-master. Ludwigshafen, always was high point of each meeting supplied itself the fights , the Ehrl in its long career with Lauri Koskela, Finland , Aarne Reini, Finland , Kustaa Pihlajamäki, Finland, Károli Kárpáty, Hungary and the German Eduard sparrow, meal , Fritz Weikart, horde/hurdle , Heinrich Schwarzkopf, Koblenz , Heinrich nice home, Cologne , Sebastian herring, Munich and Fritz shepherd, because Ehrl struggled always offensively and draufgängerisch.
After 1951 it changed for economic reasons to the Berufsringern.
|DATE OF BIRTH||4. March 1912|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|
|DYING DATE||11. June 1980|