|coat of arms||map|
|is missing still|
|to base data|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Lower Saxony|
|surface:||76.13 km ²|
|inhabitants:||9.502 (31. December 2004)|
|Population density:||125 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||54.4 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||27726|
|telephone preselection:||04792 - 04794|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 53° 13 ′ 20 " N 08° 55 ′ 40 " O 53° 13 ′ 20 " N 08° 55 ′ 40 " O
|municipality key:||03 3 56 011|
|municipality arrangement:||8 municipality parts|
| of address|
of the local administration:
| Farmer row 1|
|mayor:||Stefan swivels (non-party)|
|a governing party:||CDU|
Worpswede is convenient a municipality in the district Osterholz in Lower Saxony, to the Hamme northeast from Bremen in the middle in the devil moorland. The place profits landschaftlich from a small hill - which Weyerberg -, which a height of 54 m reached and which tower above otherwise flat environment. First traces of the settlement go back into the Bronzezeit .
The today's unit municipality Worpswede sits down from the before independent municipalities Worpswede, Waakhausen, Überhamm, conclusion village, Mevenstedt, new sank to Jürgen, hut shrubs and Ostersode together.
Table of contents
- 1218 first documentary mention.
- 1627 Worpswede from the catholic imperial troops to ore pin Bremen is governed.
- 1630 Worpswede by Sweden one governs.
- 1648 Worpswede to Friedrich from Hessen Eschwege one surrenders.
- off approx. 1750 colonizing by Jürgen Christian Findorff, beginning of the dewatering and dismantling of the surrounding moorland.
- 1889 establishment of the artist colony Worpswede.
- 1.03.1974 incorporation of seven formerly independent municipalities.
Today Worpswede possesses the status of a Erholungsortes and exercises a high attraction on artists and recovery-looking for.
Lower Saxony stone
18 m a high brick-stone Monument, stands for objects of interest [work on] on the Weyerberg. It looks from a distance like an eagle and reminds of the pleased soldiers of the First World War from the region.
the Lower Saxony stone was finished 1922 after a draft of the architect Bernhard Hoetger, who arranged also the Böttcherstrasse in Bremen, and is as only expressionistische large plastics of Germany of special art-historical importance.
Disputed was at that time the building of plastics - it fell nevertheless into a time of large poverty and food scarceness in the region. Since it was meant as victory monument beyond that originally, this Monument until today is disputed.
Immediately it became the center of the Worpsweder artist movement and thus the entire „artist colony Worpswede “. After the First World War served bark-hope as municipality and work school, afterwards as a children's home the red assistance.
One of the numerous visitors was Sonja Marchlewska, daughter of the Polish Marxist Julian Marchlewski, a friend and a coworker of pink Luxembourg and a trusted friend of Lenin. J.Marchlewski was also a rector of the communist university of the national minorities in Moscow and founder of the international red assistance. It persuaded to convey the bark yard of the red assistance to Vogeler. The red assistance became, starting from 1923 only passive however promoting member of the work school bark-hopes registered association; the work school bark-hope registered association. on 10. November 1921 by the district court Lilienthal was recognized. In July 1925 the association work school is finally dissolved. The bark yard remained a children's home until 1932.
In the subsequent years the yard purged and to the public hand was handed over. Restored it does not only serve artists today as museum and place of issue of many works of the Worpsweder, but also as workshop and studio of the mostly international scholarship holders (left) bark-hope donation.
In the year 2003/04 the yard experienced a fundamental renovation.
Bonze of the humor
of the Bonze of humor is a laughing Buddha - statue, which stands on the area of the parking lot with „the coffee Worpswede “(coffee moved). The stone Monument was sketched - like the Café and the Lower Saxony stone - by Bernhard Hoetger.
coffee the Worpswede is a expressionistischer building of bricks at the foot of the Weyerbergs and serves since the year 1925 as Café and restaurant. To build it in the vernacular also coffee moved called, because the architect, building master and artist Bernhard Hoetger began, a house without reasonable construction drawings and without right angles - when the Worpsweder saw this, meant it moved “dei is, de Kerl” - and since then the pointed name exists for this beautiful object. Originally Hoetger, which up-brought estimated 100,000 realm Marks for this project, offered here its own creative creations. Today is supraregional well-known coffee the Worpswede.
department store pride
department store pride (left) is probably with one nearly 200-jährigen tradition the oldest business in the village. It is to be owed to the family pride, in particular Mimi pride, that Worpswede from the insignificant moorland village ascended to the world-well-known artist colony. Mimi pride invited 1884 the art student Fritz Mackensen into their parents' house. There it lived some time and returned later with its friends to the moorland village, in order to establish itself durably there.
the kuppelförmige building on the Weyerberg 1926 built after the plans of the architect Bruno thaws by the writer Edwin Koenemann. The Käseglocke consists completely of wood, stands today under monument protection and in the last years was completely reconditioned. The building, which excited attention because of its unusual Iglu form, received from the Worpswedern the names „to Käseglocke”.
Vogeler sketched not only the building, but also the complete interior arrangement (furniture, works of art and painting).
In the year 1978 the station Worpswede was fundamentally reconditioned and carried back to its origin condition. It accommodates today a restaurant.
the old persons Worpsweder
- Fritz Mackensen, painter
- Paula Modersohn Becker, painter
- Otto decaying son, painter
- Fritz Overbeck, painter
- Heinrich Vogeler, painter
- Clara westhope, painter
- Hans at the end, painter
- Bernhard Hoetger, Architekt
- smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Oelze, painter
- Johannes deserts of educating artists
- Rainer Maria Rilke, Dichter
- Otto Ubbelohde, painter, draughtsman
- Walter Bertelsmann, painter
the artists of the 2. Generation
- Otto Meier, Keramiker
- Albert Schiestl Arding, Maler
- Tetjus doing gel Allround genius, painter
- Udo Peter, Maler
- Alfred Kolmar, painter
- Willi Dammasch, painter
- Bram van Velde, Maler
- Bernhard Hoetger, Architekt, sculptor, painter
- Carl Emil Uphoff, painter
- Fritz Uphoff, painter
- truck Schill, painter
- Lisel Oppel, painter
- Bernhard Huys, Maler
- Paul Ernst Wilke, Maler
- liver-genuinly Migge, landscape architect
- Jürgen Bertelsmann, painter
contemporary Worpsweder artist
- Hille Maria Koziol, Lyrik and Zeichnungen
- Hans Burmeister, commercial artist
- Waldemar Otto, sculptors
- Fritz Dressler, photographer
- Dr. Helmut Stelljes, Autor and photographer
- Heinrich bulkhead, painter and musician, Songwriter with love for the Blues
- Frauke Migge, painter
- Uta Migge, conception painter
- Uwe Haessler, painter
- Arrigo Wittler, painter
- Adriane Wittler, painter
- Peter Joerg Splettstoesser, painter object art
- Wulf Hartmann, Maler, sculptor, object artist
- Norbert of black ones, painters
- of olive Zabel, painter
- Heini left-handed person, decaying kind
- Lothar Brix, composer, painter, object artist, music and art scientist
- pit Morell, painter, storyteller
- Margarete Jehn, authoress, Liedermacherin
- Johannes give, sailor, writer, painter
- Friedrich Meckseper, painter
- Natascha monster, painter
- Heinrich Hanover, writer
- Thomas Schiestl, actor
- Hille Darjes, actress
- Wolfgang Jehn, Composer
- Hans support, decaying kind, painter
- Martin thimble, book commercial artist, painter
- EH thimble Kongsbak, Illustratorin, painter
- A. Caroline Kreutziger, decoration objects
- Michael Hermsdorf, Goldschmied
- pure-hard Brandau, painter, silver-forge
- Ann Catherine gentleman Mr., painter
- Manuel guard, painter
- Bernd Thiele, collages
- Stefan Ringeling, painter, commercial artist
- Thomas Landt, painter
- Ina and Markus Landt, painter, object art
- John Gabriel, painter
- Dieter wise, photographer
- Steve Westaway, Songwriter
- Rainer reason, guitarist, guitar farmer
- Regina Blome Weichert, Goldschmiedin, painter
Web on the left of
- http://www.worpswede.de - official web page
- http://www.worpsweder-kuenstler.de/ - exhibitions of the present artists
- http://www.kaufhaus-stolte.de - here the first artists http://www.scheune-worpswede.de
- lived - the Worpsweder youth in the net
- http://www.musichall-worpswede.de - live music and more…
- http://www.kunsthandwerk-worpswede.de - Worpsweder craftsman
- http://www.worpswede-fotografie.de - historical Worpswede
- http://www.worpsweder-antiquariat.de - culture-historical read row in co-operation with & on the bark yard
- http://www.Worpswede-online.com - Worpswede with virtual walk by Worpswede