magazines are printed media or electronic publications (electronic magazine), which appear in the same form in (regular or irregular) intervals. Often also the term “magazine “is used. Contrary to newspapers they are less on messages, but more designed for background reporting to current topics. Usually a magazine concentrates on a certain range of topics. Edition-strongest magazine in Germany is the General German Automobile Association engine world, the member magazine General German Automobile Association.
Table of contents
at a general definition of the term “magazine” the communication science/medium science so far despite various attempts failed. Contrary to the daily paper, itself throughthe characteristics periodicity, publicity, Disponibilität, topicality and universality distinguishes, apply to the magazine the first three characteristics, of both latter however usually only at the most the one. Since a precise definition thereby is however not possible, seizesone mostly on it back, the magazine as periodic press, which is however no daily paper to designate. After Karl to salt man (1954) all appearing periodic block letters one are considered usually technically or in the presentation form limited contents, not through as magazinesMessage is determined over the events of the day, but - with all author variety - which shows a working of a task posed.
One of the most important magazine theoreticians was walter Hagemann.
of the science were already often tried, magazine systematics, to set up which is to carry an overview out of the broad spectrum of the magazine kinds, - of the many different beginnings so far none could become generally accepted. Usually
- the public magazines (most present and turnover-strongest kind) are distinguished from
- the technical periodicals (the title-richest kind).
In addition count among other things
concerning the further organization to differ the opinions.
Further kinds often mentioned are
- the member magazines,
- company magazines,
- alternative magazines and
- the konfessionellen magazines, also
- Officials Journal - and
- Indicator sheets as well as
- offer sheets are often to it-counted.
To the largest kind of the public magazines again z belong. B.:
- news magazines
- restaurant economics
- television time writings
- classical woman Mrs. (mode, Wellness, high polish magazines etc.)
- maintaining woman magazines (“Yellow press”)
- classical man magazines
- child magazines (like Bummi)
- youth magazines (Bravo, Popcorntoday city magazines
- one differentiates
- mystery magazines
- of gay magazines
of satire magazines culture magazines theatres in among other things
- Weekly newspaper, weekly paper
- monthly magazine, monthly magazine
- quarter writing
- yearly writing
history and origin
just as variation-rich as the today's magazine spectrum were also the beginnings thatMagazine. It developed from the most different forerunners: the flight and disputations, relations and measuring relations, advice and chronicles. The first well-known magazines are for the first time in January 1665 into of Paris „journal of the Sçavans “and that appeared the Londoner „Philosophical Transactions OF the Royal Society “from the same year. Strange way both were already written in the respective national languages, while up to then latin was scientific standard. Therefore the first German magazine became “Miscellanea curiosa medicophysica” starting from 1670in Leipzig in latin shifts. 1709 appeared then with the “new library” also for the first time a magazine in German language.
2005 to approximately 2.7 billion sold copies in D (over 3000 titles, under it 147 new - D is considered as particularly facet-rich). Statistically each German acquired 34 magazines starting from six years. (Basis: 884 IVW measured public magazines, without and. . Special editions).
- Woman title:round 770 million copies (weekly 644 millions, 14-tägliche 66 millions, monthly 60 millions).
- Program magazines: 677 millions sold current
- magazines and magazines to booklets: 271 millions Piece.
(out: VDZ Presseservice, 30.3.2006)
|Wiktionary: Magazine - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- Publishing house, publisher, federation of German magazine publishers registered association., Press history, film magazine
- lists: German-language magazines, publishing houses in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, abbreviations of magazine titles, chronology of German-language newspapers and magazines, chronology of französischsprachiger newspapers and magazines, chronologyEnglish-language media
Web on the left of
- http://www1.ub.uni-siegen.de/buecher/zs00.htm magazines in the Internet
- http://www.pz-online.de/pmonl/atarife/tarif2006.html advertising rates