Table of contents
definition criterion of the newspaper is less its feature rhythm than its physical appearance: Newspapers maintain upto appear special inferior newsprint in remaining more into one another-put free elbows - a criterion, with newer projects like the Netzeitung for the moment relates itself.
A newspaper is contrary to the magazine the events of the day obligated press organ and is usually divided into several contentwise parts such as politics, local, economics, sport, feuilleton and real estates. The individual segmentsa newspaper are called books.
Newspapers consist contentwise of the editorial part in such a way specified, which is answered for by the editorship or individual authors, and which advertisement pages. Announcements are answered for in their contents of that, which switches the announcement „“,i.e. at the indicator editorship up-supplied and for its appearance pays. The publishing house can also reject certain announcements against it. The advertising rates depend particularly on the number of copies of the respective newspaper.
history of the newspaper
With the pressure market late 15 was in. Century of a sheet pressures arisen - with woodcuts illustrated, on one side printed on notes (more to it in the essay handbill). „Newe newspaper of… “- new message over… - regularly announced the header, what in the tradewith newspapers in the long term it shifted the impression of it, for which the word stood: Newspaper, so the perception of the newspaper readers 17. and 18. Century, the sheet printed on with messages was, since that 17. Century in most larger cities of Western Europethree times messages from all world kolportierte weekly.
Beside the handbills 15 is starting from that. Century so-called. Flight writings demonstrably, which strove already more strongly for objectivity and founded message (see also for this more in the chapter “handbill”).
the term newspaper dipped message as „a zidunge “with the meaning „customer “or „“in the area Cologne right at the beginning 14. Century up. Press history in the broader sense is enough back tozu denKaufmannsbriefen, die seit 1380 nachweisbar erschienen. The first printed expenditure named relation of all Fuernemmen and gedenckwuerdigen histories (frequent in the research also only „relation “called) appears probably in the middle of the yearly 1605 in Strasbourg in Elsass. It was created by Johann Carolus and appeared probably weekly.
An indirect note for it is on October 1605 dated input of the publisher to the Strassburger town councillor, in which it asks for protection from scruplesless Kopisten. Itwrites, after it brought the zwöhlffte meal out now week for week a printed sheet, need it support with the protection against the robbery printers. Backcounted the first expenditure must have appeared thus in July 1605. The oldest received expenditure of theseNewspaper originates however from the year 1609.
in the year 1650 appear in Leipzig with the coming in newspapers for the first time a daily paper with six expenditures per week. The oldest still appearing newspaper is since 1645in Sweden appearing post office och Inrikes Tidningar. The daily paper remained an exception, their most interesting function won it before that 19. Century with the DAILY Courant appearing since 1702 in London, the sheet, which took over the functions of the meeting calendar of the large city(in smaller cities the local meetings were reported more rapidly by the call).
newspapers in the 20's
the large time of the newspapers was before the invention of the radio, as publishing house objects from the citizen of Berlin Mosse -, Scherl- and Ullstein - on the day appeared to publishing houses partly four times: Morning edition, midday expenditure, evening edition, expenditure for night. The world-wide fastest newspaper rotation presses stood at that time to the Spree.
The rich newspaper culture of the twenties became apart from the new media radio and television in Germany alsoby concentration processes (Hugenberg company) and air they run gene so mentioned (Amann publishing house) during the time of the third realm off and dissolved.
Concentration processes and unions of the press hold for usually economic reasons until today on (coat newspapers).
- circulation area
partly contains the two latter regional, local, and/or quarter parts.
- Kind of selling
- subscription newspaper (by Zusteller or by post office)
- boulevard newspaper (street sale)
- indicator sheet (to all households one distributes free of charge)
- offer sheet (over the press selling one drives out)
- Member newspaper (becomes free or against costs to federation, association and/or. ) Firm newspaper (
- publisher is usually the PR-department of the enterprise or a separate department for enterprise-internal communication) distributes party members
- operating newspaper (GDR)
- press selling (press wholesale)
- newspaper second-hand bookshop (supply of old newspapers for museums, archives,when Filmrequisiten or as gifts)
- commuter newspaper (free, by advertisement financed, newspapers at stations, Tram or bus stations to be distributed)
- road newspaper of newspaper projects usually driven out by homeless people humans in the street sale (sometimes also written) special
- newspaper forms school newspaper
exhibitions to the anniversary year
- 400 years newspaper, 10. July to 30. December 2005 in the good mountain museum, Mainz
- good mountain museum, 10. July to 30. December 2005 in the good mountain museum, coworker,Dates etc. the good mountain museum, accompanying to the exhibition in Mainz
- the newest from yesterday… 400 years newspaper history in Bremen and Northwest Germany, to 23. June 2005 in that of Bremen citizenry, afterwards in Oldenburg in Oldenburg and Hamburg
|Wikiquote: Newspaper - quotations|
- chronology of German-language newspapers and magazines
- list of German newspapers, list of newspapers
- chronology of English-language media
- press history, Antiquari newspaper, Fuggerzeitungen, Newe Zeytung
- of Zeitungsformate
- journalist, journalistic representational forms
- publishing house, publisher, listof publishing houses in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- magazine, Gazette, magazine
- newspaper museum, newspaper second-hand bookshop
- putrid pass, Werner: Basic knowledge media. 2004
- putrid pass, Werner: Media between rule and revolt. The medium culture of the early modern times.(1400-1700), Goettingen: Vandenhoeckand Ruprecht, 1998
- Fischer, Heinz-Dietrich: The large newspapers - haven advice of the world press. Dtv, 1966
- Groth, Otto: Unidentified culture power. Foundation of the newspaper science. 7 volumes, Berlin 1960-72.
- Hard TIG, Stefan: German-language media abroad - fremdsprachige media in Germany. 2003. (ISBN 3825854191)
- Heinrich, Jürgen: Medium economics, Bd.1, medium system, newspaper, magazine, indicator sheet. 2001 (ISBN 3531326368)
- Kutsch, Arnulf & weber, Johannes: 350 years daily paper, research and documents. Bremen 2002. PAPER-bake, 220 sides. ISBN 3-934686-06-0
- Schröder, Thomas: The first newspapers. Text organizationand message selection. Tübingen: Gunter fool 1995.
- Shoemaker, Hans & Sillner, Leo: The newspaper. How it informs us, like it informs, with an encyclopedia for their reader. Munich, Günter Olzog publishing house, 1968
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Newspaper -Word origin, synonyms and translations|
- Germans and international newspapers overview
- ANNO AustriaN new PAPER on-line
- Compact MEMORY Jewish newspapers 18. - 20. Century.
- Institut for German press research at the University of Bremen
- anniversary exhibition on the occasion of 400. Birthday of the newspaper in the good mountain museum Mainz, 10.7-29.1.2006
- donationGerman newspaper museum
- Institut for newspaper research, Dortmund
- search machine for newspapers - PAPER ball