|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Saxonia-Anhalt|
|geographical location:|| 51° 2 ' n. Break.|
12° 9 ' o. L.
|Height:||160 m and. NN|
|surface:||24.63 km ²|
|inhabitants:||29.167 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||1.184Inhabitant for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||06712|
|Kfz characteristics:|| |
|municipality key:||15 2 56 100|
|address of the city administration:|| Old market 1 |
Table of contents
the early Middle Ages
the area around Zeitz belonged to the realm of the Thüringer . In the year 531 it came with castle divorces (Unstrut) to a battle with Saxonian and Frankish armies, in their consequence the Thüringer their homelandleft. In this now almost deserted residential area slawische farmers settled. Probably was the master center of the created small master district Puonzowa in the place of the today's monastery Posa.
time of the bishops
on the Synode of Ravenna in the year 967 was mentioned for the first time documentary Zeitz as Cici (there is from other documentsmore), than the son Heinrich I., emperor Otto I. admits than 30 further name variations. (* 912; † 973) and Pope Johannes XIII., for the purpose of the Christianisierung of the slawischen population and further for strengthening the German rule, the establishment of the Ore diocese as well as the diocese Merseburg, the diocese Meissen and the diocese Zeitz decided Magdeburg.
In December 968 Hugo I. became. (968 ‒ 979) as first Zeitzer a bishop geweiht, Zeitz became bishop seat. 1028 ‒ 1032 were shifted due to the permanent tendency of the Ekkehardinger the bishop seat from Zeitz to Naumburg. This changed for end 13. Century, when the bishops selected Zeitz again to their domicile, however further in Naumburg were selected and appointed. With the death bishop Julius von Pflug 1564 the diocese, after about 600 years existence, was dissolved.
by the will cure prince Johann George I. from Saxonia from the year 1652 the allocation kingdom of the Saxonia (cure Saxonia) among its four sons was specified. Thus the Sekundogenitur developed - duchies Saxonia Merseburg, Saxonia white rock and Saxonia Zeitz. Thus the following developedSuccession, the oldest son, the later grandfather August of strengthening, took over those hereditary country, as well as and remained with it with its residence in Dresden. The youngest son, Moritz, took over 1653 first the administration over that Pin Naumburg Zeitz. 1656 deceased its father and it took over, in accordance with the will, the government of the duchy Saxonia Zeitz.
On the foundation walls of the destroyed bishop castle, under line of the fürstlich Saxonian agriculture master Moritz became a judge (* 1620; † 1667), later of its son Johann Moritz judge, who builds baroque residence “Moritzburg at the Elster “. The construction period amounted to 21 years, of 19. March 1657 to 1678.
1718 died the only son duke Moritz, duke Moritz William. Thus fell, after only69 years, in accordance with the editions of the will Johann George I., the duchy Saxonia Zeitz to the nursing center Dresden back.
time of the industrialization
1843 were taken the first steam engine in enterprise, and built for 1855 a engine works. 1859 received Zeitz connection finally to the railway after Gera and white rock , 1872 after old person castle , 1873 to Leipzig and 1879 after Camburg.
The Zeitzer piano industry, with occasionally 30 different factories, had a world-wide admitting heating degree. Name-clung representatives were drive, Geissler, Gerbstädt, Hoelling & clip mountain, hops & cost., Krietzsch, Oehmig good, Schemelli & cost. and Zitza.
Also the Zeitzer buggy industry ZeKiWa had a first-class call, which entailed a world-wide export. Importantly was here the Stellmachermeister Ernst Albert Naether.
during the LV dictatorship became in Rehmsdorf and Gleina (bothZeitz) a concentration camp furnished that a branch office of the concentration camp represented beech forest. From there alone in the four hydrogenation plants of the Brabag by at the end of May until October 1944 almost 10,000 KZ-prisoners were used. Most of them unterwaren Hungarian Jews,them Imre Kertész, which worked in the Brabag work in Zeitz. Civilian engineers of the enterprises, in such a way specified „work-assigned “, coordinated the work of the prisoners locally. To this so far to a large extent unknown range of the teeth of KZ-system and wartime economy Tobias Bütow go andFranka binder nail in its book “a KZ in the neighbourhood. Farm servant citizens the external bearing of the Brabag and the “friend circle Himmler”” by the example of the Brabag and the hydrogenation work in Magdeburg purposefully after. The Literaturnobelpreisträger Imre Kertész describes its experiences at that time inits auto+biographic work “novel fate lots “.
Zeitz belonged starting from 1952 as district town to the again created district resounds. To 1989/90 the city educated a industriellen center. To 18. August 1976 burned itself the Evangelist minister Oskar Brüsewitz publicly before the Michaeliskirche and set thereby a Fanal noticed world-wide against the militarization of the youth in the schools and the missing resistance of its church. The Selbstverbrennung released a GDR width solidarizing of theologians, municipalities and critical Marxists,a new locating of the Evangelist church in the GDR and one of the roots for the peaceful revolution 1989 became.
Zeitz, as the first city in Saxonia-Anhalt, organized 2004 the 1. National horticultural show of Saxonia-Anhalt. Becamesubstantial objects of interest in conditions set and/or. Industrial ruins torn off.
development of the number of inhabitants (starting from 1960 31. December):
1831 to 1933
1939 to 1995
1997 to 2003
* 29. October
** 31. August
culture and objects of interest
- lock Moritzburg is the earlybaroque residence of the dukes of Saxonia Zeitz. The attachment plants of theBuilding of predecessors, are to a large extent received to a medieval bishop castle.
- In the castle church, also cathedral pc. Peter and Paul mentioned, rest Georgius Agricola. The building is earlyRoman origin (11. Century). From petrol niches the predecessor have themselves the columns of the crypt and furtherRemainders within the cloister range receive.
- museum library “Ernst Ortlepp “, covers approx. 30.000 volumes of books from six centuries. To most important works the Meissni land and mountain chronicle " of the Petrus Albinius belong, correct-prove Peter Weiss, who 1589in Dresden one printed. This chronicle represents an important source to the life Georgius Agricola. Further are rare pressures and important handwriting poet Ernst Ortlepp in the existence.
- German buggy museum, is the largest buggy exhibition of Europe
Books approximately around Zeitz
- echo of past times ‒ Romantrilogie of briefly merry ‒ the novel acts of the time of the reformation and the Dreissigjährien of war.
the soccer association 1. Fiber plastic Zeitz, was located 1963 in the GDRunder the designation BSG chemistry Zeitz in the final FDGB cup. One of the most well-known soccer players of the city might be Jörg Böhme, which plays momentarily with Borussia Moenchengladbach and became with the fiber plastic Schalke 04 the national player.
admits is the place for the chocolate factory Zetti (among other things Knusperflocken and Bambina) and the buggies of the company Zekiwa. Further considerable Zeitzer companies was Zitza and Zemag, as well as the piano factory Hölling and clip mountain.
- from 1926 to 1933 diploma commercial teachers and SPD - city delegates , after 1948 professor for Politökonomie in, Berlin resounds to personalities Rudolf Agricola (1900 ‒ 1985 ) and grab forest.
- Otto Baensch, Wasserbauingenieur, led and. A. the Main canalization from Frankfurt to Mainz as well as the building of the northeast ship canal, honour citizen of the city Zeitz
- Johann Friedrich God-dear Delbrück, theologian and educator of the Prussian kings Friedrich WilliamIV. and William I., here 1830 worked starting from 1817 as Stiftssuperintendet in Zeitz and died.
- Dr. Briefly Floericke, scientists, nature friend and author of numerous popular-scientific representations
- Karl Ludwig Nitzsch, theologian
- Ernst Zergiebel (1852 ‒ 1939), restaurant historian and publisher that“Chronicle of Zeitz” in the years 1892/94/96
- Anna Magdalena brook, second woman of the composer Johann Sebastian brook, became to 22. September 1701 in Zeitz born.
- Rudolf Drössler, well-known special book author and science journalist, from 1991 to 1997 city clerks and Stadtchronist
- Maximilian Mörlin Evangelist theologian and Reformator
Web on the left of
Abtlöbnitz | Altenroda | Bath Bibra | Bath Kösen | Bellows city | Baumersroda | Bergisdorf | Billroda | Width brook | Bröckau | Bucha | Castle-wood-live | Castle divorces | Burkersroda | Casekirchen | Crölpa Löbschütz | Deuben | Döbris | DO-sweat | Drossdorf | Droyssig | Ebersroda | Eckartsberga | Elsteraue | Freyburg (Unstrut) | Geussnitz | Gieckau | Gleina | Gold-look | Golzen | Gör | Grana | Grössnitz | Haynsburg | Heath reason | Gentleman pouring first EDT | Heuckewalde | Hirschroda | Janisroda | Bald angle | Karsdorf | Kayna | Kirchscheidungen | Klosterhäseler | Kretzschau | Laucha to the Unstrut | Leislau | Löbitz | Lossa | Luckenau | Meaning pain | Memleben | Mertendorf | Molau | Mol-learn | Naumburg (Saale) | Nebra (Unstrut) | Nun joke | Osterfeld | Pödelist | Pretzsch | Priessnitz | Pure village | Sow brook | Schellbach | Schleberoda | Beautiful castle | Stone castle | Impacts | Being suited joke | Thalwinkel | Theissen | Tromsdorf | Unterkaka | Utenbach | Waldau | Cheeks | Weischütz | White fount | Wethau | Ore-practice | Wischroda | Joke gene village | Wohlmirstedt | Würchwitz | Zeitz | Zeuchfeld