|coat of arms|
|coordinates:|| 47° 00 ' n. Break. |
7° 27 ' o. L.
|Height:||557 m and. M.|
|Surface:||5,40 km ²|
|inhabitants:||9548 (1. January 2005)|
Table of contents
adjacent municipalities are: in the north Munich book lake, in the south the city Berne (with the Aare as border), in the southeast Ittigen, in the west Kirchlindach and in the southwest Bremgarten with Berne.
- Situation: 5 kilometers north of Berne
- size of the municipality: 5.39 km ²
- highest point of the municipality: 594 m.ü. M. (in the Meielenwald)
- deepest point of the municipality: 490 m.ü. M. (with realm brook to the Aare)
- population (statistics): 9 ' 500 zirka (1990: 9 ' 242/1980: 8 ' 717)
- schools: Training centres in Zollikofen the possibility the primary stage
exists to visit kindergartens, primary, secondary level school, training further classes [work on]. Besides the existed following specialized training centres:
- Training centres Inforama education and advisory centre Rütti
- Swiss poultry breeding school (aviforum)
- Swiss university for agriculture
- Swiss Institut for Berufspädagogik (SIBP)
- school for blind and sehbehinderte children and young person
coat of arms
in the top from Zollikofen are two lions with one curved Gerbermesser each, down in a white field are nine book sheets. The two lions come of the guilds Obergerwern and Mittelleuen, which had Zollikofen in hands from 1409 to the administration of the regional court. The lower part of the coat of arms represents the former regional court coat of arms.
with Zollikofen the SBB lines from Berne branches out to castle village - oiled (1857) and from Berne to Lyss - Biel (1864). Long-distance traffic to oiling Zurich is not led since opening grey wood tunnel no more by the station Zollikofen.
Also two lines of the narrow-gauge railway regional traffic Berne Solothurn lead by Zollikofen: *die 1916 open distance after Solothurn, which leads across since 1924 the opened Rütiumfahrung to Berne,
- as well as the 1912 opened former BZB distance along the canton road. Because the village passage on the canton road was shut down in the year 1974, puts now at the stop Unterzollikofen ends.
The station Zollikofen is in the area of the municipality Munich book lake.
to 17. August 1891 drove the express train 240 Berne - Paris on the Supplementszug 2246. 17 travelers of the Supplementszuges were killed and hurt by the impact 16 heavily. The Supplementzug was too long for the local station track, so that it on the distance exceeded.
Web on the left of
coordinates: 47° 00 ' N, 7° 27 ' O