It had appeared ever more clearly after end of the Second World War and the gradual break of the anti-Hitler coalition.
She was formulated first by Harry S. Truman in its Truman doctrineof 12. March 1947. In September 1947 followed then a speech of Andrei Alexandrowitsch Schdanow, which represented splitting the world into two different camps now for his part from Soviet view.
In the context of the two-camp theory one accused to the other camp in each case , a wrong democracy understanding to attach and imperialistic goals pursue. Amazingly equal loud thereby the reproaches!
Elements of an also material-political conversion of the two-camp theory are for example:
- the Mars resounding plan (ERP) of the USA
- the active Containment politics of the USA
- the establishment of the Kominform on initiative of the USSR
- the establishment of the RGW (COMECON) throughthe USSR
- the establishment of NATO
- the establishment Warsaw Pact
thus stands the two-camp theory at the beginning of the cold war