|of these articles is occupied with the German city two-bridges. For further meanings see two-bridges (term clarifying).|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Rhineland-Palatinate|
|surface:||70.64 km ²|
|inhabitants:||35.290 (31. October 2005)|
|Population density:||500Inhabitant for each km ²|
|height:||300 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||66482|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 49° 14 ' 58 " n. Break.
7° 21 ' 39 " o. L.49° 14 ' 58 " n. Break.
7° 21 ' 39 " o. L.
|municipality key:||07 3 20 000|
of the city:
of the city administration:
| Herzogstr. 1|
|mayor:||Professor Dr. Reichling|
Itthe smallest circle-free city of Germany is with its 35,000 inhabitants. The city is seat of the Pfälzi higher regional court.
The name two-bridges comes from one in outgoing 12. Century built castle, which had a double military ditch, which crosses over two Zugbrückenwill had.
two-bridges is appropriate in the western south part of Rhineland-Palatinate at the border to the Saarland for about 36 km ( air line) southwest from Kaiserslautern in westsmell directly. The town centerfrom two-bridges is 25 km to the west of Pirmasens, which is because of the west edge of the Pfälzer of forest. There it lies only few kilometers up and/or. southeast the inlet of the black brook in blew (in the Saarland Einöd) and becomes alsofrom the horn brook flowed through, which rises in France and flows in the city into the black brook.
- Mittelbach Hengstbach
- 1170 the name is mentioned for the first time documentary.
- 1182 become two-bridges county under Heinrich I.
- 1352 get the place municipal rights by king Karl IV. lent.
- The last count Eberhard castle and city sells 1385 at the pfälzischen cure prince Ruprecht I..
- 1410 become Pfalz Zweibrücken an independent duchy.
- down 1488 printing burn 1470 the large fire,
- the whole city by Jörg Gessler
- 1493 - 1510 building of the Alexanderkirche under duke Alexander (Pfalz Zweibrücken) after plans of Philipp stone-cutter.
- 1559 establishment of the first Zweibrücker of High School by duke Wolfgang
- 1585 building the duke lock with lock mill and library.
- 1635 destruction of the city in the dreissigjährigen war.
- 1677 destruction of the city in the Reuionskriegen.
- 1720 - 1725 building of the city lock under duke Gustav Samuel Leopold.
- 1755 establishment of the Zweibrücker of studby duke Christian IV
- 1793 - 1814 occupation of two-bridging by the Frenchmen under Napoleon
- 1801 by the peace of Lunéville become two-bridges with further linksrheinischen areas French and seat of a Unterpräfektur of the section thunder mountain
- 1816 slam the Viennese congress the linksrheinischen parts shut of the previous Pfalz Bavaria. Two-bridges seat of the royally Bavarian Appellationshofes becomes (today higher regional court).
- 1834 establishment of Dingler' engine works by Christian Dingler; Beginning of the industrialization
- 1857 connection to the railway
- 1914 inJune inauguration of the Zweibrücker of rose garden by princess Hildegard von Bayern . This was the last large social event before that 1. World war.
- 1918 - 1930 occupation of two-bridging by French troops as consequence of the 1. World war
- 1926 incorporation of Bubenhausenand Ernstweiler
- 1938 incorporation of Ixheim and Niederauerbach
- 1938 destruction of the synagog in the Reichspogromnacht
- 1939 - 1940 evacuation of the city (red zone) with outbreak 2. World war
- 1945 the city becomes by an allied bomb attack by the Royal airForce to 14. March nearly completely destroys. To 20. American ground troops two-bridges reach March.
- 1965 reconstruction of the former residence lock, the today's higher regional court
- 1972 incorporation of Mittelbach Hengstbach, Mörsbach, Oberauerbach, Rimschweiler and Wattweiler. Two-bridges seat from the former district of the two-bridges becomesformed convention community two-bridge country.
- 7 collided to 1986 over Rimschweiler to. January two F-15 jet of the U.S. Air Force, a pilot and a village inhabitant are killed.
- 1987 dissolution of the duke Wolfgang High School.
- Alexanderskirche (builds in15. Century, building master Philipp stone-cutter)
- main street 88, formerly “hotel deer” (oldest house of two-bridging from the 16.Jahrhundert)
- Karlskiche (1708 build - 1711), building master Haquinus bolted
- duke lock two-bridges (1720-1725 built) building master Jonas Erikson Sundahl
- landing stud (1755)
- duke suburb (1762 build- 1772)
- CDU of 14 seats
- SPD of 13 seats
- FWG of 4 seats
- FDP 3 seats
- UWG 3 seats
- the Green list (the GREEN/ödp) 3 seats
partnerships between cities
- Boulogne sur Mer, France since 1959
- Yorktown, the USA since 1978
- Barrie, Canada since 1996
of sons and daughters of the city
- Theobald squat, * 23. August 1573, † after 1624,Agent and poet
- Joseph know, * 21. September 1757, † approx. 1819, bugler
- Christian Dingler, * 1802; † 1858, manufacturer
- Philipp Ludwig von Seidel, * 1821; † 1896, mathematician and astronomer
- Hermann of Anschütz fights, * 1872; † 1931, inventor of the gyroscope compass
- smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Kallenbach, * 5. January 1889 ; † 20. September 1984, 15. President Bavarian highest audit office
- Ernst Mayer, * 8. June 1901; † 18. December 1952, politician (FDP), MdB
- Emmi support, * 17. June 1932 ; † 18. December 2002, Sagenforscherin and authoress
- Peter Fleischmann, * 26. July 1937, director and author, “it is not easy inGod to be "
- Wolfgang William Massing, * 9. September 1941, Ambassador (at present in Windhuk/Namibia)
- Silke Neumayer, * 1962, film script authoress and authoress, Roamane: “Kiss me, baby” 2003 and “love, love” 2004
- Sylvia Konrad, * 1963, authoress, “winters of the feelings” 2003
- Theresia farmer, * 6. April 1965, politician (alliance 90/Die the Green), MdL
- Wolfgang toss, * 1968, writer and film script author “a bad history” Suhrkamp 1992, “Brubecks echo” detective story, 2000
- Monika Rinck, * 1969, Lyrikerin and authoress
- Norman Ohler, * 4. February 1970, author (the ratio machine appears 1995 as the first novel in the Internet)
- Heinrich Hilgard, *10. April / Speyer 1839 ; † 1900, American railway king
- Cindy Berger geb. Jutta Gusenburger, * 26. January 1948 in volume blade/Saarland, singer (Cindy & Bert admit by the duo)
- of Europe rose garden and game rose garden city museum Fasanerie ( local recreation area) Bibliotheca
- Bipontina two-bridges
- sky-mountain-mad since May 2004
- are dukes of two-bridges
- list of the Zweibrücker
and mayors [work on]at the lock place a public WLAN. The SSID does not read “lock place”, it is necessary further entrance data. The entrance is free of charge and anonymous possible for everyone. Gesponsort becomes the entrance of the GeWoBau two-bridges.
In the environment of two-bridging it givesnumerous forests, in which also rare tree species are like the Elsbeere. In one of these forest areas with 32.6 meters height one stands the highest Elsbeeren of the world (conditions 1994).
sport and leisure facilities
- ice-skating hall
- indoor swimming pool
- open-rir swimming pool
- climbing center Camp4
- mini golf course
- combined Turnerschaft two-bridges 1861/97 e. V. (Sign two-bridges)]- Hand ball , basketball, fencing, Leichtathletik, table tennis
- sports association 64 two-bridges e. V. - Hand ball, spreading haven
- of water haven friends two-bridges e. V. (WsfTwo-bridges) - swimming, Kanu, Triathlon, Aquafitness
- riding and driving association two-bridges e. V. (RuFV two-bridges) - horse haven, Dressurreiten, jumping riding, Voltigieren, driving sport
- Sportverein Ixheim (SVI) - football
- fiber plastic MAIN HEADER BIT e.V - football
- city chapel two-bridges
- animal protection
- society for the prevention of cruelty to animals two-bridges
- March: Horse Gala
- Easter: Ostermarkt
- May: Road theatre pageant
- Whitsuntide: Turnerjahrmarkt
- At the beginning of of June: Rose days
- third June weekend: Village celebration in Zweibrücken Ixheim
- firstWeekend in the month: Grass-course-run on the running meadow and village celebration in two-bridge central brook
- city celebration in the city center (one of the largest people celebrations of the Westpfalz)
- At the beginning of of August Kirmes in Zweibrücken Ixheim
- last Auguswochenende: Autumn market and horse days
- first September weekend: Kirmes in Zweibrücken Rimschweiler
- third September weekend:Kirmes in Zweibrücken Mörsbach
- 3. October: Rose run, (10 km run)
- December: Weihnachtsmarkt at the lock place
Beyond thatresident two-bridges also a work of the agricultural machinery manufacturer John Deere.
After the departure of the American army of the Zweibrücker airport a designer Outlet center (DOZ) was built, which is designed in the final phase for over 38.000 m ². First became however only² sales area realizes approximately 20,000 m.
It is tried to use the airport as such economically. Thus there is among other things the use for civilian aviation as well as a technology park (Multimedia Internet park two-bridges, MIPZ), a co-operation of the country with the company United Internet, which is meant particularly as founder center for Startup enterprise.
In the year 2003 it came to the insolvency of the company Pörringer & Schindler, who as one the traditional Zweibrücker enterprise was considered. On this area momentarily a shopping centre develops.
in the course of the conversion measures after the departure of the Americans was established on the former military area on the Zweibrücker cross mountain 1993 a professional school. Together with the locations in Pirmasens and Kaiserslautern it is part of the professional school Kaiserslautern.
Two-bridges possesses two High Schools (yard rock and helmet getting time High School), one six-form high school and four hauptschule.
two-bridges is directly because of the federal motorway 8.
Two-bridges had an own airport with a 3 km long starting and runway.
1757 - 1791 stationing of the regiment Royal Deux Ponts. The regiment took with the Expeditionscorps led under marshal Rochambeau 1780- 1783 at the American war of independence part. 1781 played the two-bridging he troops a key role in the battle of Yorktown. They defended the attachment plant “Redoute 9” in this battle. Since 1978 therefore a partnership between cities between two-bridges and the American city Yorktown exists/Virginia.
As consequence of the congress of Viennese the duchy Zweibrücken Pfalz arrived to 22 starting from 1815 at Bavaria and. royally Bavarian infantry regiment was stationed in two-bridges.
An important strategic meaning always possessed two-bridges starting from the French-German war due to the close to the border one to France.Therefore several barracks in two-bridges were established. The “red barracks”, the “white barracks” and the “Niederauerbachkaserne”. The “red barracks” were torn off in the 50's-years.
The environment of two-bridging was merged in the Second World War into the west barrier. This very day one can approximately find bunkers around two-bridges. Most are however nearly completely blown up.
After the Second World War first French troops were stationed in two-bridges. Itremained until 1977. The Frenchmen began 1951 with the building of a military airport in the proximity of two-bridging. This was handed over 1953 to the Canadian Air Force. After the departure of the Canadians 1969 took over the Americans the airport.
Already since 1952 was those US army in two-bridges in the cross mountain barracks stations. Besides it maintained still many small real estate properties. Also the “red barracks” and the “white barracks” were used occasionally by the US army. Occasionally roughly 9,000 US citizens lived in the 38,000 inhabitants counting city. Afterthe US troops were withdrawn to the unit of Germany gradually from two-bridges. The last units left 1994 the city.
Thus two-bridges, which became 1956 also German Federal Armed Forces location and so that until 1969 a four-garrison city was, are one of the German cities, itself intensively also Conversion of military plants into civilian to employ had.
The “white barracks” are to be converted into a civilian residential district. The cross mountain barracks were removed end of the 1990 ' it years to an innovative specialized university location, which develops well.
On the airport area one has itselfthe largest European factory sales centers settled. The airport two-bridges is now a civilian airport. It is used mainly by charter and freight traffic.
The Niederauerbach barracks are used since the establishment of the German Federal Armed Forces by this. In the year 2005 are there the paratroop battalion 263, 5. /Field hunter battalion, which stations medical center two-bridges and several other smaller units of the German Federal Armed Forces.
Web on the left of
Ahrweiler | Old person churches (Westerwald) | Alzey Worms | Bath Dürkheim | Bad Kreuznach | Bernkastel Wittlich | Birkenfeld | Bitburg Prüm | Cochem cell | Daun | Thunder mountain circle | Frankenthal (Pfalz) | Germersheim | Kaiserslautern | Kaiserslautern (city) | Koblenz | Kusel | Landau in the Pfalz | Ludwigshafenon the Rhine | Mainz | Mainz being gene | Mayen Koblenz | New city at the crying race | Neuwied | Pirmasens | Rhine Hunsrück circle | Rhine Lahn circle | Rhine Pfalz circle | Speyer | Southern crying race | Südwestpfalz | Trier | Trier Saarburg | Westerwaldkreis | Worms | Two-bridges