Âgrâ is a city located in the State of in . It is LAgrabana - paradise - , LAgara of . An inscription of located at Delhi names Âgrotka. The city that we know, that of , is founded in - by Sikandâr Lodî, it , which makes its capital of it. When , first , beats the sultan of Delhi, it seizes Âgrâ in and his/her son returns its statute of capital to him in .
Medium of XVIE century in the medium of XVIIE, the city connait its apogee under the successive reigns of, Jahângîr and Shâh Jahân. It is the latter which makes build Taj Mahal in before transferring the capital from the empire to Delhi.
Today the city attracts million tourists because of the majestic presence of Taj Mahal. Unfortunately, Âgrâ is victim of an intense pollution which can make painful the stay in the city and which is prejudicial with the conservation of the inheritance.
- mausoleum of Itimâd-ud-Daulâ : it is the tomb of Mirza Ghiyas Beg, father-in-law of the Jahângîr emperor. Its construction began in to be completed in . Its architecture points out that of Taj Mahal. It was besides the first building of this type built out of marble and it is during its construction that the trade associations reflect at the point the technique of incrustation of the invaluable stones in the marble which later was largely used for Taj.
- Strong red : it is there that was built by Akbar a residential palate for his/her Jahângîr son. As from this moment there, the fort is not only any more one place military but also a place of residence. Architecture is of Hindu style, the style moghol will continue later under Shâh Jahân.
- Diwan-i-Khas : it is the house of the private audiences builds by Shâh Jahân in . The emperor received the foreign dignitaries there. The famous one throne of the Peacock was at this place before being transported to Delhi by , then from there, by the Persian Nâdir Shâh in Teheran, where it is always.
- Diwan-I-Am : it is the house of the public audiences builds by Shâh Jahân in . The flat roof is supported by three lines of pillars. It is there that the emperor listened to the complaints of the people surrounded of curtains and silk carpet.
- Mussaman Burj : it is an octagonal tower of two stages in which Shâh Jahân was locked up until its death. From there, it could see Taj Mahal.
- Moti Masjid : it is the built private mosque of the emperors moghols enters and by Shâh Jahân. An inscription written in compares it with a perfect pearl. One basin of ablutions is in the center of the court.
|Gate Indian World - Reach the articles of Wikipédia concerning the Indian world.|