Ah! My Goddess
|by title French|
other - With - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
|by title Japanese|
- 5 OAV (1993 in Japan, 1995 in French version)
- series TV of 24 episodes (January 6 at July 7 2005, diffusion Friday with 2h of the morning on Japanese chain TBS).
- musics: Shirou Hamaguchi
Short summary of the history
Caution : What follows reveals whole or part of the?uvre!
Keiichi Morisato, young student, fact one day a wrong number and calls ' S.O.S Amitié' Goddess. The operator says to him whereas a goddess will come exaucer one from her v?ux... and a young woman, Belldandy, leaves the mirror.
It explains to Keiichi that it can exaucer a v?u, any, but only one and single.
Keiichi, believing that it acts of a joke of its caramades, wish whereas a beautiful girl as Belldandy remains all its life near him. The wish is granted to him, with its great surprise: Belldandy itself is achieved there.
However to live with a goddess proves not to be of any rest...
- Belldandy (???????)
- Urd (???)
- Skuld (????)
- Peorth (???-?)
- Morisato Keiichi (????)
- Morisato Megumi (???)
- Mara/Marller/Maleurr (????)
Ah! My Goddess is a?uvre which draws freely from Scandinavian mythology.
The three goddesses heroins of the manga are in fact the three nornes Scandinavian mythology:
- Verdandi is the norne which represents the present. In the manga, it is the girl friend of the hero. One can notice that Verdandi and Belldandy can be written exactly in the same way in kana, because Japanese language does not know the sound v (equivalent with B) and does not make the difference enters R and L.
- Skuld, who manufactures without stop of new inventions in the manga, is the norne which represents the future.
- Urd, the elder one of the three s?urs, is the norne which represents the past.
In mythology, Yggdrasil is the tree which supports the world and auprès of which take care the three nornes. In the manga, it has the same function, but it is appeared as an information processing system that the goddesses must maintain in operating state. Urd is in charge of its administration and Skuld drives out them bugs.
The name of the Peorth goddess comes from character runic ? who is called perthro (into Germanic), peorth (in Anglo-Saxon) or perdo (as Scandinavian old man), and which evokes the idea of chance and destiny. Moreover, it is associated the nornes in mythology. In the Italian edition, the name of Peorth is "Peitho", the déese of persuasion.
Fenris and Midgard
In 1998 to Japan a series TV 48 episodes 5 minutes each one left. It left to France in 2004 at Kaze Animation.
Titrate French: Adventures of the mini-goddesses
Titrate original: ???????? ?????????????? (Aa! Megamisama: Chicchaitte koto wa benri da! - Ah! My goddess! To be small, it is practical!)
Synopsis: This series is an adaptation of the small stories in four boxes included in the manga and tells the adventures mild nutters of the goddesses SD (Super Deformations) accompanied by a rat named Gan-chan.