Cemetery of Picpus
cemetery of Picpus is a private cemetery which is located in XIIE district of (35, street of Picpus). It is open tous.les.jours in summer of 14h to 18h except Monday and public holidays, in winter 14h with 16h except Sunday and Monday and period of the festivals of end of the year. Every 4 July, the American embassy organizes a commemoration in this place in the honor of the General inhummé in this place.
- is buried with his wife Adrienne de Noailles in the private cimetère of Picpus
- , guillotiné on Thermidor 7 Year II, buried in the pits with Picpus
- victimes De La 1306 Terror between and it
The park of the convent of the chanoinesses of Saint-Augustin was selected to bury guillotinés of the place of the Renversé(actuelle throne places Nation to Paris). In three common graves (the third was not used). The corpses transported in a tipcart painted in red, penetrated by a door charretière which one made amménager in the wall of the garden. It was walled since. Under , the ground containing the two pits was repurchased by the princess Amélie de Hohenzollern, s?ur of prince Frederic de Salm-Kyrburg, was carried out on Thermidor 5 year II (July 22, 1794). In 1802, the marchioness of Montagu, born from Noailles organized with some families of victims a subscription to buy a piece of close garden, in order to be able to collect itself near disappeared. A piece was devoted to the creation of a private cemetery reserved to the parents of guillotinés (it is always used). In these pits were buried inter alia:
- Twenty-six members of the Parliament of Toulouse.
- The General Alexandre de Beauharnais, husband of .
- The Fénelon-Salignac abbot, benefactor of small Savoyard.
- The lawyer Pawl.
- Sixteen Carmelite nuns of whose it tragic history inspired to the writer its part "Dialogue of the Carmelite nuns".
- The viscountess Anne-Domenica de Noailles (beautiful-s?ur of Fayette).
- Henriette-Louis d' Aguesseau, duchess of Ayen, mother of Adrienne de Noailles (woman of Fayette).
- Catherine-Charlotte de Cossé-Brissac, widow of the duke of Noailles, grandmother of Adrienne de Noailles (woman of Fayette).
- Thérèse Choiseul de Stainville, princess of Monaco (great-great-aunt of prince Albert of Monaco.
- Jean-Baptist Michonis who was a geôlier with .