George Feydeau, French dramatic author, was born it 8 December with and dead it 5 June with . It is wire of the writer Ernest Feydeau.
Very young person, it neglects its studies to be devoted to the theatre. Its first part, "By the window", is played for the first time in 1882. It is then 19 years old. Its first large part, Tailor for injuries, moreover extremely well accomodated in with Theatre of the Rebirth, is worth the encouragements to him of Labiche. It Marie the same year with Marianne Carolus-Duran, girl of the painter Carolus-Duran.
The dedication will come in with the parts "Mister drives out", "Champignol in spite of him" and "the Ribadier System". George Feydeau renews the kind of the light comedy by a thorough study of the characters, in particular the mediocrity of the middle-class existences, which it turns into ridiculous.
It is pathetically that it completes its existence at the 58 years age, after being interned two years in a private hospital in Rueil-Malmaison for psychic disorders.
- Mr Chasse ; Champignol in spite of him
- A wire with the leg ; The hotel of free trade
- The Turkey
- The injury from Maxim
- The Bud
- The hand passes ; The chip with the ear
- Occupy yourself of Amélie
- Fire the mother of Madam ; Baby is purged
- But thus does not walk very naked!
?uvres on line
Its?uvres is accessible on line to National library of France.
- Complete theatre. I/George Feydeau; text established by Henry Gidel
- Complete theatre. II/George Feydeau; text established by Henry Gidel
- Complete theatre. III/George Feydeau; text established by Henry Gidel
- Complete theatre. IV/George Feydeau; text established by Henry Gidel
- Jacques Lorcey, The man from Maxim' S: George Feydeau, his life - Volume I, Paris: Séguier editions, coll. "Impressed", November 25, 2004. 296 pages. ISBN 2-84049-407-8
- Jacques Lorcey, Marriage with the divorce: George Feydeau, his?uvre - Volume II, Paris: Séguier editions, coll. "Impressed", November 25, 2004. 252 pages. ISBN 2-84049-415-9
- Two volumes above also exist under sorme of box, heading George Feydeau (box): The man and the?uvre, published on February 4, 2005 in the same collection. ISBN 2-84049-416-7