Table of content
In the woman, uretra is soon detrás of sínfise púbica e previously to and has only 4 cm. It passes in uro-genital diaphragm that it contains esquelético muscle under the form of external uretral sphincter (voluntary). Some parauretrais, analogous glands exist feminine of prostate masculine, activated in the sexual function but without important function (some lubrication). The external uretral orificio bes situated soon above of , and underneath of clitoris, protected for the great lips of .
In the man, uretra has three regions:
- The prostate portion, inside of this gland, is immediately after the exit of the col of the bladder. Here uretra receives the components from of deferential canals, prostate ductulos e seminal vesicles. One exists utrículo (masculine equivalent of feminine), a small evaginação without function, in this portion of uretra.
- In the membranosa portion, uretra is encircled by uro-genital diaphragm, with a dense layer of esqueléctico muscle (activated conscientiously) that it constitutes the external sphincter (voluntary) uretral.
- In the spongy portion, longest, it it attends a course for spongy body of the Pénis. In this portion producing glands exist of muco (2 great bulbouretrais glands and many small glands of Littré), that they secretam lubricative sexual. Uretra in glande dilata forming fossa to navicular e finishes in the meato of glânde of .
Uretra has three layers, such as other tubular orgãos: most external it is ; the average is a layer of fabric muscular smooth of three types, circular, longitudinal and obliquo, and the intern is composed of e submucosa. The layer of the mucosa is composed for one epitélio to colunar, excepto together to the external orifice where it is escamoso epitélio not . Un conjuntiva del é del submucosa.
The function of uretra is to propelir piss since the bladder until the exterior o. Its sphincter allows the conscientious control on the part of the individual of the esvaziamento of the bladder.
In the man uretra is also the terminal portion of tracto reproductive. It receives in its average portion espermatozoides of the seminíferos canals and it crosses the prostate, from which receives the viscous liquid produced by this gland, that together with the espermatozoides constitutes the sperm. The sperm is accelerated for the contracções peristalticas of the muscular layer of uretra aquando of ejaculação. In the woman uretra does not have reproductive functions.
The existence of the voluntary external sphincter of uretra allows that it enters mammals the act of micção pass to be voluntary, to mark territories, or to prevent antisocial incautiousnesses, for example.
- The inflammation of uretra is called of uretrite. It frequent is caused by infections (Infections of tracto urinário or ITUs) for fecais microorganisms of the proper intestine of the sick person as Escherichia coli, Proyours mirabillis e Enterococcus faecalis. These infections are more frequent in women due to its shortness uretra and proximity of the external uretral orificio to . In the men the advanced age and the appearance of blockage caused become frequent only with for benign hipertrofia of the prostate or after cateterização. They complicate for times with cystitis e pielonefrite, or prostatitis in the man.
- Gonorreia: form of uretrite caused for gonococo (Neisseria gonorrhoea).
- Uretrite for Chlamydia trachomatis or Ureaplasma urealyticum it is common in both the sexos.
- Carúnculo uretral: painful inflammatory mass in uretra feminine.
- Urinária incontinence for insufficience of the muscle uretral external sphincter. Many times of origin neurological, or psychological, more frequent in aged women.
- Carcinoma of uretra: rare, afecta aged women.